Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Should I make a short town demo of the game? (It will not be finished)

Yes, I just want to play something!
- 58 (69%)
No, better wait until you transfer the game...
- 26 (31%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: [Demo] The Legend Of Zelda: Choice Of Destiny TOWN DEMO! DOWNLOAD!  (Read 50455 times)

Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Choice Of Destiny >>ON ...
« Reply #120 on: October 23, 2006, 03:13:43 pm »
Lots of Zelda games hardly feature Zelda, or only feature her in passing :P. Buy one of the Oracle games, or... Majora's Mask, for instance. You'll see!

rhalifax

Pixelated Tree
« Reply #121 on: October 23, 2006, 03:18:38 pm »
  • I'm here for the Bacon
Lots of Zelda games hardly feature Zelda, or only feature her in passing :P. Buy one of the Oracle games, or... Majora's Mask, for instance. You'll see!

the oracle games mention her and I believe she has a quick appearence at the end when you beat Ganon (You have to beat OoS or OoA then transfer the save data to the other and after you beat it you get a few extra locations where you fight a few new bosses)

and as for Majora's Mask, she is in the beginning teaching Link the Song of Time.so I believe LA was the only one without her (It may have mentioned her at the beginning or something along the lines.)
Pixelated Tree. | I make crappy Youtube videos now.
XBL- aaronshatonyou | PSN- cpt ehren | Steam- cptehren
  • Pixelated Tree
« Reply #122 on: October 23, 2006, 10:42:27 pm »
THose would fall under, hardly featuring or featuring her in passing. Duh.

rhalifax

Pixelated Tree
« Reply #123 on: October 23, 2006, 10:43:54 pm »
  • I'm here for the Bacon
THose would fall under, hardly featuring or featuring her in passing. Duh.

yeah I know I was just stating the instances.
Pixelated Tree. | I make crappy Youtube videos now.
XBL- aaronshatonyou | PSN- cpt ehren | Steam- cptehren
  • Pixelated Tree
« Reply #124 on: October 28, 2006, 12:14:46 am »
  • Taste the soup of my brain!
This looks awesome.

Can't wait for a demo.

:ganon: :dance:  :jellytime: :tek:  They dance at this project's awesomeness.
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?
« Reply #125 on: October 29, 2006, 08:46:57 am »
  • I need something new to put here...
WOW! Blown back with awesomness!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This looks so cool
Everyone who is saying that those games do feature Zelda somewhere... well, this game does aswell at the start, and that falls into the category of hardly ever. And she will be in it later. And what about the the first game(or the second...I think) they only mention her at the start. and Zelda might come in later somewhere, like a spirit or something, or like Gandalf ;)
Anyway... If it is on hold why can't you just release a Demo so we can play this game until we're bored?
-SK
« Reply #126 on: October 29, 2006, 01:24:32 pm »
The demo will be very big. And I cannot finish coding it in TGF. So I need to move it. I could make a walking demo of the town. But it will not be finished. But perhaps I should do that...if people really want to see how the system works.
« Reply #127 on: October 29, 2006, 02:34:00 pm »
  • =/
The demo will be very big. And I cannot finish coding it in TGF. So I need to move it. I could make a walking demo of the town. But it will not be finished. But perhaps I should do that...if people really want to see how the system works.
Well, it would give people something to talk about while we wait for you to finish coding in MMF or GF2 or whatever your using now.... I'd do it. (The train better work or I'll be pissed... while, not really but I would like for it to work...)
« Reply #128 on: October 30, 2006, 06:17:20 am »
Well, it would give people something to talk about while we wait for you to finish coding in MMF or GF2 or whatever your using now.... I'd do it. (The train better work or I'll be pissed... while, not really but I would like for it to work...)
I agree. I would like to see the quest system and explore the town, It'd give me something to leech off until the next demo, and so on until the finished product.
-SK
poll
« Reply #129 on: October 30, 2006, 06:48:37 pm »
Poll added, please vote  :)
Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Choice Of Destiny !! PO...
« Reply #130 on: October 30, 2006, 06:58:36 pm »
I voted yes, you should release a small town demo. That way you could at least get feedback, get a feeling for what people like or don't like so you don't waste time rebuilding something you may want to change later. Plus you'd please a lot of people...!

If you plan on including the train, let me know and I'll get those animations finished.  ;D
« Reply #131 on: October 30, 2006, 08:23:37 pm »
I say yes.
If he releases it all at once then we'd play around with it a few days, then think "this is boring, nothing new to do, I could do this quest, but it's the same as the last quest I did :(" but if he gradualy releases it then people will try going around the town, then next theywould try combat, and so on until the end where they'll be able to beat whoevert the main enemy is.
-SK
« Reply #132 on: October 30, 2006, 08:36:28 pm »
I voted no, from what Sol said really, and from what I do know. I trust Sol's judgement on such matters.

I ♥ Open Girlfriend (What!? I didn't add this.. must have been Solly!)
  • My DevArt Account

Obsequious Eye

King of Glass
« Reply #133 on: October 30, 2006, 11:41:32 pm »
  • Yes, I am mocking you
I'm going with yes, mostly because I would like to see what it is like firsthand, and then how it improves again when you re-release it with more. This appears to be an amazing game, and I think just releasing what you have would make a very large impact regardless. Please release a demo, though if you decide not to, from a game developer's point of view, I understand why. But, posting as a player's point of view, I think you should.

I'm not exactly sure of what I was trying to say in that post, but it'll probably come to me later.
I'm watching you...
  • Omniscient Eye
« Reply #134 on: October 31, 2006, 06:22:40 am »
also... I forgot to mention that if you release it now, then you can see what feedback you get, then make another, and wait for feedback on that, and so on until you can make your game great by listening to others suggestions
-SK
« Reply #135 on: October 31, 2006, 08:10:21 am »
  • alastair
I would say No. Dont release an unfinished artwork. If you need feedback only give it to betatesters not to everyone. People should be able to experience it in a full game without it being cut short.
  • alastair
« Reply #136 on: October 31, 2006, 12:46:37 pm »
You both have good points. But it's not like nothing will work. It will just not be as completed as the full game. I could include atleast 3 short quests for testing out. I would like to hear some feedback too.
« Reply #137 on: October 31, 2006, 01:21:33 pm »
To put it bluntly your code is unorganised making it difficult to work out where to start when it comes to porting it. I believe it would be easier and faster to rebuild the entire engine than port it to MMF2 (although Benito, my superior in Click Knowledge may disagree).

I also think that you should take the time, or get someone else to take the time (Benito? Me in the distant future?), to build a proper, mouse-click movement system because you obviously don't want one like the one in OoL because, to put it bluntly, it sucked - and I don't think you should stay with the keyvboard movement.

I already said it's quite possible to make a decent AoE style movement system in MMF2 with patience using a collection of advanced maths and formulas.

i would generally agree that if you are taking the coding job on yourself then its best for you to start from scratch merely using the first engine for reference, also some things that are used in TGF don't work in MMF as far as I remember, some events freeze up the event editor when crossed over. Although at first rebuilding might be slow you would end up with a more well rounded engine. having someone new take over your code and add things will be just that, someone tacking things on, making events to simply solve problems that they don't understand.

As for the mouse click movement engine I made one a while back hehe, using the path finding object as you could imagine, although that will only work on a grid based system and thats exactly what I wished to do s maybe it wouldn't fit your purpose really. And as for making a AoE system with the maths tools I've never seen it done but I'm guessing it could. I never looked into that area of pathfinding.

• My DevArt Account
« Reply #138 on: October 31, 2006, 02:32:42 pm »
Yes, I said from the beginning is that I would need it from scratch. But I can not do that alone. Because if I would it would be the same crappy coding all over again. I mean well. The codes work. But I have a feeling people you Ben, Naz, Sol etc. can do it so much easier in much less time.

I have been working on making that short demo. And everything works fine. It would also be a good chance to see how it should work if you plan to help me recode it.

Also, I forgot who I promised to let the game beta test. Will that person please remind me? I also have one or two free slots for beta testing. But only respond if you are very, very thorough. As there are many things in the quest system that might have bugs.
« Reply #139 on: October 31, 2006, 05:49:29 pm »
I'd like to help beta test for I know MMF well and know where bugs can come up. Also I know the common causes of said bugs and can help fix them to some extent.

• My DevArt Account
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 77 queries.