Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Should I make a short town demo of the game? (It will not be finished)

Yes, I just want to play something!
- 58 (69%)
No, better wait until you transfer the game...
- 26 (31%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down

Author Topic: [Demo] The Legend Of Zelda: Choice Of Destiny TOWN DEMO! DOWNLOAD!  (Read 50452 times)

Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Choice Of Destiny TOWN ...
« Reply #220 on: November 04, 2006, 10:52:59 pm »
Demo is awesome, I'm not sure how long its been out, but I'm sorry I didn't play it sooner. The only thing that bugs me, and I'm sure someone already whined about it, is the transitions between areas.

Now that i'm done whining it looks great.. and is totally awesome.  Keep up the good work. ^.^
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #221 on: November 04, 2006, 11:05:14 pm »
  • I need something new to put here...
Nice, Admin like it ;D, told you it would make a big hit! something that I haven't mentioned before but will now is that I dislike the right click arrow thing, but I am fine with it, it doesn't bother that much.
-SK
« Reply #222 on: November 05, 2006, 09:58:10 pm »
  • Huzzowee!
See, this is one of the down-sides of reduced activity. Sure I'm passing all my classes and I'm happy with my life, but I miss the cool stuff like this ;).

I played the demo and I must say it rocks! It's a little irksome using a laptop's pad mouse and then trying to catch the moving villagers, but then I hate the pad-mouse as it is and it's not your fault, really. Everything is really well done. The menu system is great, the music is good, the real-sized houses are amusing, but really do work well, and overall I didn't notice any bugs... except one. You made a single mistake which is one I have seen in practically every fan game to come out with so much as a walk demo: the speed of the diagonal walking. Odds are you just set it so that he moves at x speed going left and y speed when going down, then pushing both makes him go in both directions at the same time. While it's technically true that he's just going left and down at the same time, setting both to the same speed while going diagonal is disproportional to his real speed. It can be demonstrated by using vectors. If you haven't done physics and/or don't know what vectors are, it doesn't matter you should understand what I'm saying:

This also goes for anyone else who has made the same, very common, mistake.

Your diagonal speed is made up of two other speeds; your vertical and your horizontal. The diagonal is merely the resultant speed. If you sketch it out, you should get a right triangle. Let's say the speed is 1. You would draw two lines at right angles each measuring one unit. The speed you get from doing both at the same time (moving diagonally) would be the hypotenuse of the triangle (the long side). If you connect the other ends of the liens and complete the triangle, a measurement will quickly show you that the diagonal speed is greater than one. What does this mean? It means that when you push left and down at the same time his speed isn't 1, it's more and therefore too fast. The speed is actually around 1.41421356... (the square root of 2). In order to get that to exactly 1, you need to figure out what the horizontal and vertical speeds need to be. To do that we use the pythagorean theorem:

a2 + b2 = c2
The letters 'a' and 'b' are the straight sides and 'c' is the diagonal one. Taking the square root of a2 + b2 would give you the diagonal side. What we want is to start from c.
a2 + b2 = 1 (since 12 is just 1)
2a2 = 1 (since a and b are equal)
therefore a2 = 0.5 and a = square root of 0.5 (around 0.707106).

Long story short, when both buttons are pressed, instead of going whatever speed you're going, figure out how much you need to change that by taking the square root of half your desired speed. It's a little bit more tedious to do than what you've already got, but it's better (not to mention more realistic) if the character actually does travel at the same speed in every direction.

BTW, I really like that clothing shop you put there. That's something that's cool to see! Will the clothes be purely aesthetic or will there be armors or magic clothes that have effects?
"They say 'Don't sweat the little things!', but in the end, the little things are all that matter..."
--Alex2539
« Reply #223 on: November 05, 2006, 10:01:49 pm »
I use a laptop aswell, so I feel your pain, but i'm fine with it, all we will have to do is press the right button, not move it, to attack. I don't mind the diagonal, doesn't really matter, either way I can't wait till we get some action ;D
-SK

-daN-

« Reply #224 on: November 05, 2006, 10:40:43 pm »
i got stuck on the demo ahah

i went right from the town, and up... and went behind a shed thing with guards.. and couldnt get out :/
« Reply #225 on: November 05, 2006, 10:53:32 pm »
Wow Alex, that's a lot of text :P
Well that probabaly explains why diagonal movement causes bugs as the speed is higher which opens up collision bugs.

The clothing was planned to be asthetic. At first I wanted to be able to change 3 parts, head, torso and legs. But it was much too  complex.
But yeah, I could give the clothing added effects. Sure. That be fun.

Dan, that stuff happens sometimes. Just restart. And stay on the path ;)
« Reply #226 on: November 06, 2006, 11:33:49 am »
  • n___n
I downloaded the .dll file and the demo still says it cannot find the dll. I have it put on my desktop cuz I don't have access to some parts of the PC (limited account, not my PC and my sis doesnt let me d/l) so I'm screwed.
yo yo yo

araknid_kid@yahoo.com = email and MSN
HellsExecutionR = AIM
araknidude = XBox Live gamertag
« Reply #227 on: November 06, 2006, 01:35:18 pm »
  • Captain Banana
I downloaded the .dll file and the demo still says it cannot find the dll. I have it put on my desktop cuz I don't have access to some parts of the PC (limited account, not my PC and my sis doesnt let me d/l) so I'm screwed.
Put the dll in the same folder as the game.
« Reply #228 on: November 13, 2006, 10:22:20 pm »

XD, First thing I actually noticed =P
« Reply #229 on: November 13, 2006, 10:25:04 pm »
  • A little Alive

XD, First thing I actually noticed =P

whaha, OWND.. Lol, I didn't evem see that how cool :P
cant wait till the second demo
« Reply #230 on: November 17, 2006, 02:34:01 am »
Wow never saw that, good Easter Egg Kleaver.
« Reply #231 on: November 19, 2006, 01:17:16 am »
  • A little Alive
so kleaver any new updates  8) ;) ;D
« Reply #232 on: November 19, 2006, 01:56:53 am »
Good Question Kevin, I want to know that too. Lets nag him until he tells us!
« Reply #233 on: November 19, 2006, 03:37:48 pm »
No sorry none yet. I am very busy sadly. And I will be more busy with the Wii soon :(
« Reply #234 on: November 19, 2006, 09:23:49 pm »
  • A little Alive
mm thats to bad, well if I could do anything while your gone just tell me ;) :dance:

foge40

« Reply #235 on: November 24, 2006, 08:30:54 pm »
I cant wait to play the game but I cant get the demo to work it says "This application has failed to start because CnCS32.dll was not found. Re-instaling the application may fix this problem."
« Reply #236 on: November 24, 2006, 08:37:56 pm »
Well, little foge40 boy, did you remeber to look around this topic for any answers? No? well then, maybe you should. The dll is on this topic somewhere... If not then google it.
-SK
« Reply #237 on: November 24, 2006, 09:15:45 pm »
It's in the first post too...I can't believe you missed it
« Reply #238 on: December 08, 2006, 08:24:16 pm »
Any more updates kleaver old boy?
« Reply #239 on: December 08, 2006, 08:53:38 pm »
Very good demo, I like the whole point and click thing, it reminds me of how Phantom Hourglass is going to be. Wish there were a sword though...bushes EVERYWHERE, I have a habit of slicing every bush I see...

Anyway, onto C and C. Are you going to make it so that you can talk to people when you aren't standing right in front of them? Cause sometimes I would come up beside someone, and they wouldn't highlight, so I didn't figure I could talk to them...and yeah, not always easy to get right in front of them. Um...oh, he looks weird when you go diagonally, cause there's no diagonal sprite...I think that's how Link has been in every 2d game...but I've never liked it. Not sure what could be done to fix that...but if you think of anything, give Nintendo a call...they could use the help too. Other than that...very good. Hopefully there'll be more substance in the next demo...I kept trying to pick things up and stuff and couldn't. I liked the fortune teller by the way...
(Can you tell I was pushing for bad things to say about the game?)
Image Hosted at ImageHosting.us
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.229 seconds with 77 queries.