Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The lag from hell  (Read 1314 times)

The lag from hell
« on: May 12, 2008, 07:22:02 pm »
  • I murder your toys as well
For the past three days, my internet (a wi-fi connection) has been lagging (ping around 500ms typically) and I can't figure out why. The computer with the modem actually connected to it works fine, but my wireless is slow as hell.

Any ideas why?

This user is on indefinite hiatus.
  • Facebook - Jeremy Elliott
Re: The lag from hell
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 07:32:27 pm »
I know how you feel, my router seems to be randomly lagging like crazy. I actually have no idea why either, but it seems to fix itself if I leave it for a few days. My guess is the router is proberly overheating or something.
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 07:32:33 pm »
My ping is always at 500ms to 1500ms, depending on what ISP I'm with, but thats because of my remote distance.

I'd try tossing some Tinfoil behind your router and pointing it in whatever direction your at, just in case it has something to do with the wireless reach or something.

http://revision3.com/systm/

They have a few shows on Wifi 'hecking' i guess. Just modding routers and how to get the best out of your wireless equipment. >.>
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 07:39:23 pm »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
That's never happened to me...my ping is like 1500 or higher...i can't remember.
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 07:42:16 pm »
That's never happened to me...my ping is like 1500 or higher...i can't remember.

How incredibly helpful.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 08:57:35 pm »
  • b e p i s
For the past three days, my internet (a wi-fi connection) has been lagging (ping around 500ms typically) and I can't figure out why. The computer with the modem actually connected to it works fine, but my wireless is slow as hell.

Any ideas why?

I suggest you call tech support/your ISP and just stay wired for the time being. :P If you have a desktop, cables aren't too expensive.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 08:59:51 pm »

Any ideas why?

I suggest you call tech support/your ISP and just stay wired for the time being. :P If you have a desktop, cables aren't too expensive.

The reason I'm on wi-fi is because there's no cable outlet in my room, and it wouldn't reach from downstairs.

I fixed the problem, my desktop was standing up straight, I layed it on it's side. Instantly fixed itself. Whatya know.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.286 seconds with 51 queries.