Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: -pointless rant-  (Read 2471 times)

-pointless rant-
« on: July 22, 2008, 09:07:49 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Sooo, we've all played Tales of Symphonia, right?  (No? Well, whatever.)  I had ToS years ago (it doesn't seem that long...), for Gamecube of course.  It's one of the few RPGs I actually enjoyed playing.  S'anyway, then I remember hearing that the game was going to be released for PS2.  At the time I was mad because it was one of Gamecube's best games and I didn't want Sony to profit from it (evidently I was a bit of a fangirl back then).  And apparently the PS2 version got a few extras that weren't in the Gamecube version.  Damn you Namco!

Time went on, I stopped playing ToS, and most games all together. Now I don't own any game systems 'cause I sold that !@#$%.  So now it's been a few years since I bought any video games, and I kind of want to try a few newer games that I never got to play. Particularly PS2 games, because I sold my PS2 long before any of my other systems. So maybe I should buy a used PS2 and a few games for the hell of it. Thinking back on a certain game I used to enjoy, I'd also love to play Tales of Symphonia again.  Well that's cool, 'cause I remember it was released on PS2 too.  I decided to search around for a place that would have a copy of ToS for PS2, and here's what I learned: The damn PS2 version was only released in Japan! Augh! *tears hair out*

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: -pointless rant-
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 09:12:27 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
lol wow that blows chunks, but that's typically how it goes :P

Have you played any of the older Tales of games? Like Tales of Phantasia, Tales of Destiny, Tales of Destiny 2, etc? Try them D: they're magic!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 09:31:02 am »
Yeah, I remember reading before I got my copy of the game for Game Cube that it was also on the PS2 in Japan.  That did not bother me though, although the two-disc thing was a little annoying; neat though in that I could lend the first disc to a friend while I was further ahead.  It was a pretty fun game though, the kiss between Coletta and Lloyd in that one snowy place, the Wonder Chef, Genis, Presea, etc. were all good, but Regal Bryant was cool.  I liked that game, especially the end where you are fighting Yggdrasil and when you think it is over, Lloyd says something along the lines of "It's not over yet".  Good story.  Kind of wonder where the dwarfs get their swords though.
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 09:44:37 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君

Have you played any of the older Tales of games? Like Tales of Phantasia, Tales of Destiny, Tales of Destiny 2, etc? Try them D: they're magic!

The only other Tales game I played was Phantasia, and I didn't get very far in it.  RPGs tend to bore me, but Tales of Symphonia managed to keep me entertained.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 09:48:10 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

The only other Tales game I played was Phantasia, and I didn't get very far in it.  RPGs tend to bore me, but Tales of Symphonia managed to keep me entertained.

Yeah :( same here

Tales of Destiny 2 though kept me enthralled for days on end
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 09:56:15 am »
Well Tales of Symphonia 2 is going to be a Wii exclusive, whatever that means...  XD

So go get a Wii and you can play ToS 1 and 2 when it comes out. Although 2 does look a little bit meh...I dunno.
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 10:07:41 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Well Tales of Symphonia 2 is going to be a Wii exclusive, whatever that means...  XD

So go get a Wii and you can play ToS 1 and 2 when it comes out. Although 2 does look a little bit meh...I dunno.

I'd consider that, but Wii just has no games I want to play.  I could buy a used Gamecube though, 'cause they're really cheap now.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 10:09:16 am by Shefali »
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 10:12:11 am »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine

I'd consider that, but Wii just has no games I want to play.  I could buy a used Gamecube though, 'cause they're really cheap now.

used GCs are only £15 near me. Youll have a harder time finding ToS if you sold it...

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 10:17:45 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君

used GCs are only £15 near me. Youll have a harder time finding ToS if you sold it...

There's four different stores around where I live that sell used games, so hopefully I won't have trouble finding ToS if I do decide to buy it.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 10:20:08 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

There's four different stores around where I live that sell used games, so hopefully I won't have trouble finding ToS if I do decide to buy it.

If worse comes to worse, rent it, and then put another game in the case, take it back and say "This isnt the game I rented..." lol
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 10:23:48 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君

If worse comes to worse, rent it, and then put another game in the case, take it back and say "This isnt the game I rented..." lol

x­D  That might work. lol
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 10:28:17 am »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine

x­D  That might work. lol

Its worked for me before. I mean... I've never tried that! Its immoral!

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 03:05:28 pm »
  • Taste the soup of my brain!
Yeah, they're $25 fat american dollars right down the street from me.   And furthermore, theres several used copies of ToS 1 near me.  Which is odd >_>
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2008, 03:19:31 pm »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.

Oddly enough, ToS bored me and my sister (we were playing it together- you can play up to four people as long as you have that many characters in your party).

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2008, 08:47:43 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君

Oddly enough, ToS bored me and my sister (we were playing it together- you can play up to four people as long as you have that many characters in your party).

Oh yeah, I did multiplayer with one of my friends a few times. I always played as Lloyd as he was the only one I'm good with, but my friend spent a lot more time playing than me and he was good with most of the characters. He usually played as Genis.

Pyrazor

PUMP UP DA JAMS!
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2008, 09:02:12 pm »
  • OH LARD IZ PORKCHOP, BUST OUT DA HAPPY SNACKS
Get an Xbox and buy Tales of Vesperia next month. >_>

I C'Z U
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2008, 10:12:59 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Get an Xbox and buy Tales of Vesperia next month. >_>

I think I'll pass. I don't really have that kind of money laying around. I'm buying a new PC this week, and I'll be pretty much broke after that.
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2008, 08:18:02 am »
Yeah, I am looking forward to Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World coming out for the Wii.  If anything, I am going to try and get it sooner than later as getting Tales of Symphonia was hard to do as locating a copy was difficult; I could not find it in the town across the river, so I had to go to the cities to look, and I found it at a Toys-R-Us.  The original Symphonia was kind of a long game and the side-quests were fun, and the anime styling makes it easier for my eyes to digest oddly.  I cannot wait for the sequel is what I am getting at.
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2008, 08:48:09 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Yeah, I am looking forward to Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World coming out for the Wii.  If anything, I am going to try and get it sooner than later as getting Tales of Symphonia was hard to do as locating a copy was difficult; I could not find it in the town across the river, so I had to go to the cities to look, and I found it at a Toys-R-Us.  The original Symphonia was kind of a long game and the side-quests were fun, and the anime styling makes it easier for my eyes to digest oddly.  I cannot wait for the sequel is what I am getting at.

I'm trying to avoid getting interested in the sequal because I know I'll probably never play it. =\
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2008, 09:00:56 am »
Ha, yeah, I am familiar with setting my outlook low.  I tend to waste a lot of my money on soda; even going through $200 in a semester by buying over ten 20 oz bottles a week at college, lol.  It is fun to play games that last hours and hours though, it makes not having friends easier to handle emotionally... hahaha, I am just kidding, I just like solitude, I have friends.  The good thing about the Wii is in the United States at least, since I cannot speak for other areas, as long as the game is not released by Nintendo themselves, there is a good chance to get a copy; although I was surprised, I got Super Smash Bros Brawl on my first try the day it came out.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 77 queries.