Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: American Idol Topic  (Read 2613 times)

American Idol Topic
« on: April 09, 2010, 05:49:47 am »
  • You heard of the thing from the place with stuff?
Just wondering, American Idol just had a top 9 voting. They voted off the worst of the top three and used a save so Big Mike didn't have to leave. If you watched and voted, who did you vote for?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 03:25:39 am by Random »
Sorry, I can't think of a more interesting sig. > .>
Re: American Idol Topic
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 06:11:35 am »
Okay, so about a weak and no reply. Today (tuesday) all nine idolers sang an Elvis Precly song of their choice. Their trainer was a formor American Idol participant. It seems the person the Judges bagged on the most was Siobon who they said had two voices. There is about 50 minutes left to vote for those of you who havn't yet. Tommorow 2 of these 9 contestants will be eliminated. (They used their only save last time.)
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 06:21:55 am »
If it has been a week and there is no reply, it means no one is interested. First of all, because a lot can't even watch. And second Idols (no matter what country) is the poorest excuse of retarded programming.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 06:33:49 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
If it has been a week and there is no reply, it means no one is interested. First of all, because a lot can't even watch. And second Idols (no matter what country) is the poorest excuse of retarded programming.
^QFT! ^_^

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 06:47:40 am »
(Has no idea what QFT stands for.) But still, there are Americans on this forum who watch and vote on Idol.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 07:00:45 am »
QFT = Quoted for truth. And the only American I know of who watches that crap and goes here is you.

• Mirby Studios
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 07:05:53 am »
Really? It seemed like you'd be one to watch. The reason you don't know anyother american on this forum who watches idol is becuase nobody ever brought it up.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 07:09:47 am »
Actually, it's because no one cares. The show died for almost everyone else at least 8 years ago, I think.

• Mirby Studios
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 07:21:20 am »
Actually, it's because no one cares. The show died for almost everyone else at least 8 years ago, I think.
QFT, again. Idol only ever produced one successful artist and became SUPER commercial and full of gimmicks as soon as Kelly Clarkson won. I didn't even like it back then, and I'm also a bit bitter because Idol was one of the original contributing shows to the whole reality television revolution.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 07:33:04 am by Sprite Collector »
  • My Photostream

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 07:26:13 am »
The only true reality show is Cops. Everything else is staged. Think about it. How often in reality are you put up in a mansion free of charge in some ridiculous contest with cameras everywhere? How does that show real situations?

• Mirby Studios
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 07:39:06 am »
Yeah exactly.  ::) I can't stand reality television and I probably like it less because of how many people think it's amazing. It's so degrading and honestly just puts unrealistic, unstable and over-dramatic ideas into the impressionable minds that watch them. Obviously American Idol isn't as bad as shows like I Love New York or Tool Academy on VH1, but as you said, it's all staged. I was watching some documentary on reality tv and they interviewed a few people from The Real World, one of first shows pioneering true reality television. Now, The Real World is more about manufacturing stupid men without clothes that play stupid games with each other and drunk whores that sleep with them. The people they were interviewing on the documentary said that when you're filming for the show, there's constantly alcohol around, regardless of the time of day or where you are, and the producers sit in on the "one on one" diary sessions and talk !@#$% about the other people to start arguments. Ridiculous.
  • My Photostream

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 07:46:43 am »
Reality television is an oxymoron. Mainly because if it's on TV, then the producers will actively control what happens on the show. And when someone who isn't seen on the show is controlling it, that means it's scripted to a degree. Thus, not reality. American Idol was a novel idea when it first came out, but now it's all "THERE'S FOUR JUDGES? THEY CAN CANCEL OUT THE VOTES WITH A SAVE? WHAT?" so really there's no point. Plus, like I said, it died after Season 2. Which is when I stopped watching. I only watched Season 2 because OMG FAT BLACK GUY WON! Not to be racist or anything, but come on! Also, if you make it into the top 5, you've pretty much guaranteed yourself a contract. No point in watching it at all.

tl;dr (that's too long; didn't read, Random) Reality television is a false concept that can't exist, as it is both an oxymoron and a paradox. American Idol died out 8 years ago; no one but braindead morons and you care about it.

• Mirby Studios
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010, 07:53:18 am »
The only reality TV that comes close to being real are documentaries. And still then the producers and editors only take bits that are interesting to watch.
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2010, 07:57:27 am »
This getting offtopic fast. As far as I see it, American Idol isn't a reality show. (I hate reality TV too.) And there is four judges becuase Simon is about to leave after one of the top nine wins. I think this is probablygoing to be hte last good american iol becuase Ellen the Generouse ruined the show and simon left which means randy will be considered the harsh judge. (Which he is incapable of doing.) I agree, if you reach the top five, you will get a contract from someone, regardless of who gives you it. Like David Archoletta won second but still became more succusful than who came first. It is still interesting to seem the soon-to-be famouse start out. But we all know that when simon leaves, they'll loose the rest of their veiwers who already didn't leave when they made four judges. But, this is still interesting to watch, which once again, might be the last interesting one. But still, the finalists who actualy reached the top nine will disagree with you. (Thank you for not calling me a braindead moron, I think...)

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2010, 07:58:50 am »
Exactly, Niek.

To sum it up, this topic is pointless in regards to the original topic, and should probably be locked as the only person here who cares about Idol is Random, and no one else does. Thus, there should not be a topic that only one person will post in in regards to the original topic. LOCK PLEASE!

Also, I made sure to not call you a braindead moron by saying "braindead morons and you." Thus meaning two separate groups. Thus meaning I did not call you a braindead moron. And just because you don't see it as a reality show (all reality shows are these days are long drawn out game shows) doesn't mean it isn't. The majority (i.e. everyone but you) views it as a reality show; thus it is a reality show. You want this to be on topic? Tough; the only person who has posted anything on topic is you. Lock it.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 08:00:24 am by Mirby »

• Mirby Studios
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2010, 08:14:54 am »
You were the one who purposly changed wee this topic is going because you have a grudge against me. Every topic I post in is a chance at war for you. You can't say the majority of dotdotdot becuase just people in this topic isn't the entire majority. (The minority is sometimes right too, points to the people in rural europe who eventualy caused the fall of monarches.) Also, don't purposly change the subject then beg the mods to lock the topic because you don't agree with it. Also, when I said thankyou for not saying braindead, it was a redirected compliment. Don't go around trring to deote someone to impress those higher status than you because that only puts you lower on the food chain. Now back on topic... I guess we'll see the results for the top 7 tommorow...

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2010, 08:19:13 am »
What? I got over the grudge. You're the one still holding on to it. You're the one who always looks at the WAY BROADER picture when I'm only talking about here at ZFGC. And yes, 3:1 is a majority I'm afraid. And I was also telling you to lock it; not just the mods. Redirected compliment? Where was it redirected to? And I have no idea what your last rant sentence says. I'm not trying to impress anyone; this is how I post, this is how I've always posted, and this is how I'll always post. Don't like it? Too bad. Don't like the lack of seriousness here? Then leave. Whatever you decide to do, release the grudge. I have.

To be on-topic: You'll be the only one posting about it, I'm afraid.

• Mirby Studios

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2010, 10:25:47 am »
  • www.mouffers.com
For the love of God, calm the F8(*& DOWN. It's always bickering between the two of you, and a lot of people have had it. I don't have much time right now to type, but trust me, a lot of what has been said bothers me and I would rant on if I had time.

Random, Niek is right; don't gravedig a topic. I know you're new here, but if people don't reply, they don't care.

Mirby, don't be the mods' little pet officer and scream to the mods every time you think something is wrong. We will notice. We HAVE noticed, but not because you cried wolf, and for a completely different reason. Screaming "LOCK PLEASE" makes me want to smack you, especially if you're in someone else's topic. I wouldn't actually smack you, I'm up really early right now and I can't think properly.

But seriously, calm down. I've said this many times before: if there's a topic where either of you are participating, and one of you bugs the other, JUST IGNORE EACH OTHER! WHAT THE HELL IS SO DIFFICULT ABOUT THAT?!

EDIT: Darklight reminded me about the term "rent-a-modding". So yeah, please stop doing that.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 05:34:52 pm by Starforsaken101 »
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2010, 12:11:21 pm »
Star pretty much summed up everything I wanted to say, but I wasn't going to go telling you to stop rent-a-modding since I stepped down.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2010, 06:14:20 pm »
that's the term I was trying to remember...

• Mirby Studios
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.225 seconds with 77 queries.

anything