Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: [Idea] ZFGC Smash Bros.  (Read 16767 times)

Re: [Idea] ZFGC Smash Bros.
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2007, 07:16:17 pm »
Holy crap, yay, I'm on the list :D! Thank you, fingers, your crossing is lucky!

EDIT: Um, you can use my real look <_<; I can give a picture if you need it. But I look really young for my age, so you'll have to make me look older XD
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 07:18:02 pm by cb43569 »
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2007, 12:33:43 am »
  • I need something new to put here...
I'm not sure if arctic ferret should be on the list... I haven't seen her in a while, and the comic has gone to the demons!
Replace her with King Mob, his fan game is Awesome!
,;Sk;,
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 12:35:19 am by sirkildar »
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2007, 02:23:34 am »
I'm not sure if arctic ferret should be on the list... I haven't seen her in a while, and the comic has gone to the demons!
Replace her with King Mob, his fan game is Awesome!
,;Sk;,

Artic Ferret is a dude.
   Long story, don't even ask cuz I'm not explaining it.

Anyway, yea, s/he hasn't been around here in forever.
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2007, 02:41:04 am »
I can change Domo to Drewdelz, but...
Are you sure that replacing ArcticFerret by King Mob would be okay? I'm not very sure, but as I know ArcticFerret used to be a very popular member before ZFGC changing to GA.
And about changing uma to Bran... umm... I don't remember Bran so well, and uma seems to have a much higher post count. Also I think uma would be better because we would have a horse character, and that would mean more variety to the game. But did Bran play an important role in ZFGC history too?
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2007, 03:01:24 am »
Notso much history, but he's been here since the start.
I personally don't know if Uma has or not. But whatever, it's up to you.
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2007, 03:05:17 am »
Okay... what about ArcticFerret and King Mob?
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2007, 03:56:32 am »
Okay... what about ArcticFerret and King Mob?

umm, I've personally never heard of "King Mob" ever, and I've been here since the start of it all.
So unless he's gotten a name change, then he's not so popular.
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2007, 09:24:09 am »
Thanks for explaining, Venus. :D

I will try that SDL library, and if I manage to learn it well I might change the project to C++, but as of now it's still GM6.1.
Python and Pygame seem pretty easy and powerful. I'm learning how to do other things before I get to graphics though, so I haven't used Pygame much first-hand.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2007, 09:07:17 pm »
  • The Mike
1-Do you think this is a nice idea?
> I love it!

2-Is it worth doing this game?
> If it's worth playing as yourself then, yes!

3-Do you think this could be completed?
> If you spend a lot of time on it.

4-Which characters should be available in this game?
> Active ZFGC Members, maybe 5-10 actual Smash Bros. characters (including Brawl newcomers I guess), and Reggie Fils-Aime.

5-Would you like to be a playable character?
> Yes!!!

6-Do you think the 2007 character competition characters should be playable too?
> Yes, I think Bobular and I would make a great team.

• Zelda Eternity

uma

« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2007, 04:09:20 am »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
Notso much history, but he's been here since the start.
I personally don't know if Uma has or not. But whatever, it's up to you.

No... But I'm a regular here.  :P
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2007, 11:44:25 am »
  • hungry..
The list seems a bit .. weird... like members that you wouldn't really want to play as .. lol.

I think that people like DJ, and Mammy should be in it, Tabby, Scrappz(maybe).. you know.. old classics..  I mean, come on, who's going to play as Issac_Amisov when they can play as any other of those characters...
  • My Blog
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2007, 05:32:59 pm »
The list seems a bit .. weird... like members that you wouldn't really want to play as .. lol.

I think that people like DJ, and Mammy should be in it, Tabby, Scrappz(maybe).. you know.. old classics..  I mean, come on, who's going to play as Issac_Amisov when they can play as any other of those characters...
It depends if he has cool moves / cool looking attacks or if he looks cool (in the game, of course) or not. Remember, it's not just going to be ZFGC members playing this, am I right?

And anyway....
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2007, 09:15:34 pm »

Thanks Dayjo. I didn't use to be very active until this year, so I don't remember some members... plus that I joined ZFGC in the end of 2005.

It depends if he has cool moves / cool looking attacks or if he looks cool (in the game, of course) or not. Remember, it's not just going to be ZFGC members playing this, am I right?

And anyway....
The main public is ZFGC, as the characters are ZFGC members. I haven't planned about avertising it or anything like that (c'mon, I've had this idea on this Friday, I can make great plans for a game that I haven't even started programming...). I might release it in Binary Phoenix too, because there are some ex-ZFGCers in there; though the public of BP is much smaller than ZFGC's.

Also, I don't want to limit this to the "popular" members too. Otherwise there wouldn't be much variety and the members would have too similar moves (they would lose their originality). So I want to have members that are not only "popular" but also would generate original moves. For instance, I'm not sure about if Uma used to be a well-known member in old ZFGC, but it would be nice to have a character with a horse design. Or Q.K., for instance, I could have him play his songs as his special moves, and the songs would generate different effects on the foes or the stage (for example: when he plays the song "Into the Fog" he would generate a fog in the stage). The members who created a character in this competition (or the old competitions) could "summon" their characters for their benefit as one of their special abilities (The same way a SSBM player can throw a pokéball and use a pokémon to attack the enemy, InvaderLupus can use one of his special moves to summon The Wanderer or The Acolyte; and Moldrill could summon Chopik, etc.). However, it would be a bit difficult to define the special moves of a member who, despite being popular, hasn't created a character or doesn't have many characteristics linked to him as a member.

EDIT: That's why I need the opinion of ZFGC members, who will play the game. Feel free to suggest changes in the list, but please do not to say bad things about anyone... they can read what you say in this topic, and it could offend them.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 09:23:48 pm by sjegtp »

uma

« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2007, 12:30:36 am »

Hay! Who wouldn't want to play as Uma? He's a horse anthro dude! You don't see that often in videogames, much less indie games. Better give him fuckin' awesome looking special moves...
Ghosts of Aliens

My FurAffinity!
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2007, 12:54:42 am »

Hay! Who wouldn't want to play as Uma? He's a horse anthro dude! You don't see that often in videogames, much less indie games. Better give him fuckin' awesome looking special moves...
Much less in fighting indie games! XD
Right, I'll see if I can give him creative moves, that won't be too hard, lol.

uma

« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2007, 02:52:04 am »
I could design them, I just need the controls.

Edit: Particle effects!
*Big image*
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g236/Uma_the_furry/Particles1copy.png

Don't know how they animate though... GM can do particle effects right?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 03:12:04 am by uma »
Ghosts of Aliens

My FurAffinity!
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2007, 03:31:17 am »
I was going to help but I am not there but some friend of mines are there.. so
bie, apart from that.. it seems that some people in the list really don't post here that often as before.

Well, It would better if you allowed expansions as in doing 10 characters and then allow people to sprite their character.
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2007, 04:47:44 pm »
I could design them, I just need the controls.

Edit: Particle effects!
*Big image*
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g236/Uma_the_furry/Particles1copy.png

Don't know how they animate though... GM can do particle effects right?
You don't need particle effects for that. Just stick that together in an animation (I guess you could add some particles for the after-effect), and it would look awesome, especially the motion-blur.

You need cool effects like motion blur on some/all characters for when they do really fast moves. Stuff like that.

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2007, 06:13:46 pm »
  • hungry..

Thanks Dayjo. I didn't use to be very active until this year, so I don't remember some members... plus that I joined ZFGC in the end of 2005.
Well, you know, Mammy could throw posts at people.. and have a special "10,000 post" move where he just goes nuts and throws 10,000 posts really fast.. lol
  • My Blog
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2007, 06:18:35 pm »

Oh come on, Isaac_Amisov would be better than Spamus (Reference to MP:H). Just imagine, he could spam you with an amazing number of (wooden) posts. XD

If I were in it, I should be weak against "holy" attacks, a reference to my atheism and evilness. >:D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.296 seconds with 77 queries.