Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Got Pokemon Diamond for my Birthday from my mother.  (Read 5204 times)

Re: Got Pokemon Diamond for my Birthday from my ...
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2007, 07:36:04 pm »
  • that old name
I want to get one of these games sometime soon; not yet sure which one I want, though :(.
I enjoyed playing Pokemon Red way back in the my day(I still have it(I don't get rid of things easily =)). And I had Sapphire, but ..something happened to it ...

I'd rather download roms than make myself look like some 10-year-old buying pokeymanz games.
I'd say that your issue is not that you would look like an overgrown kid. It's the fact that you lack the self-confidence to not give a !@#$%.

Do you want to buy a game, despite its image? Well then, get it at your nearest retailer without thinking of what the cashier will think >_>.

Seriously, it's pretty much impossible to like the games.  As bad as the first two were, R/S was a big pile of c***.  It was so easy that it got tedious, there's little to do other than the main quest, and the story is even worse.  I'd rather play FF5.
And that's, ..uhhhh, everyone's opinion? ::).
I like Pokemon, as well as FF. You like FF, but not Pokemon. On the other hand: there's probably a series that I don't like, that you do. It's called opinion.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 07:52:38 pm by Sterlin254 »
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2007, 10:24:01 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
"It's the fact that you lack the self-confidence to not give a !@#$%."

Exactly. You shouldin't care what some person in a store thinks about you because your buying a game to have fun playing with it.
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2007, 11:06:48 pm »
  • I need something new to put here...
Pokemon has a bad reputation due to its image!

Everyone thinks: "Oh look, there's a little baby buying his pokemon game! Do you want to be a pokemon trainer you little baby..." etc. While the fact is pokemon as a game is pretty good! It's a turn-based rpg! it is good.
-Sk
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2007, 12:52:21 am »
  • w00t
I've been enjoying the game myself as well, though I haven't played it in a few days now.  I never have really liked the whole "zomg you must catch every one" thing since I'll just find a team that works for me and use it throughout the entire game.  I think I've got most weaknesses covered with my current team, so I'm just working on getting the various badges.  I think I have 6 at the moment, or if not I'm in the town where I get the 6th one.  I usually use the experience share item in order to split experience with my lowest-leveled pokemon to help even the team out a bit, even if it does slow down the progression of the ones that do the actual fighting.

And as far as the childishness goes, everyone I know who has a DS has gotten the game (or got it off the Internet and put it on a homebrew device), and I'm talking juniors/seniors in high school here.  While the games can sometimes be boring with all the random battling you do to level up, you have to admit that they're fairly decent games.  The anime of course is horrible, but the games themselves are pretty good.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2007, 03:45:33 am »
  • Wu tang Forever
Why did you hate RSE?
The graphics, the new pokemon, the storyline... Everything about it.
It didn't have the same feel as the older games, it felt like a completely different game altogether.

Ahh, Well the graphics in D/P are like RSE but more of a top down 3D. I didn't really notice the storyline changing in RSE.

How?  :huh:

Because no one at a game store will give a !@#$% what you're buying. And no sane person thinks the games are for 10 year olds.

But the games ARE for 10-year-olds, and the tv show even more so.

I'm gonna put this nicely. You're an idiot.

I have the pokemon diamond case in front of me. It's rated E for everyone. I don't see E for 10 year olds. i don't see E for 6-10 year olds. The pokemon series are very good games. Maybe you need to grow up and realize that.

If I'm an idiot, that must make you mentally challenged.  ::)

Seriously, it's pretty much impossible to like the games.  As bad as the first two were, R/S was a big pile of c***.  It was so easy that it got tedious, there's little to do other than the main quest, and the story is even worse.  I'd rather play FF5.

In D/P and what I remember from G/S/C, you could spend most of your time doing stuff outside of the main quest. In D/P there's contests, underground, poffins, and probably more.

Anyways, I havn't played my Diamond in a while, but it is a really good game. I think I have at least 60 hours in it so far.
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2007, 10:07:01 am »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
Have you seen those NetBattlers? They are tremendously hardcore. A lot of the stuff they come up with is waaaaay over any six-year-old´s head.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.

dratini

« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2007, 12:25:45 pm »
THAT IS COOL. once i have enough pocket money i will play this as well

>:D
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2007, 08:36:05 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
Why did you hate RSE?
The graphics, the new pokemon, the storyline... Everything about it.
It didn't have the same feel as the older games, it felt like a completely different game altogether.

Ahh, Well the graphics in D/P are like RSE but more of a top down 3D. I didn't really notice the storyline changing in RSE.

How?  :huh:

Because no one at a game store will give a !@#$% what you're buying. And no sane person thinks the games are for 10 year olds.

But the games ARE for 10-year-olds, and the tv show even more so.

I'm gonna put this nicely. You're an idiot.

I have the pokemon diamond case in front of me. It's rated E for everyone. I don't see E for 10 year olds. i don't see E for 6-10 year olds. The pokemon series are very good games. Maybe you need to grow up and realize that.

If I'm an idiot, that must make you mentally challenged.  ::)

In D/P and what I remember from G/S/C, you could spend most of your time doing stuff outside of the main quest. In D/P there's contests, underground, poffins, and probably more.

Anyways, I havn't played my Diamond in a while, but it is a really good game. I think I have at least 60 hours in it so far.
60 hours already? I only have like 130 hours on my oldest gold account lol.
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2007, 09:35:08 am »
  • Captain Banana
Gah, 60 hours, that's nothing, I got 95 hours on Sapphire and 60+ hours on my old Firered data (which I deleted), and I got an amazing 228 hours and 44 minutes on Advance Wars Dual Strike.
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2007, 09:44:49 am »
and I got an amazing 228 hours and 44 minutes on Advance Wars Dual Strike.
lol is Advance Wars: Dual Strike your only Nintendo DS game? XD
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2007, 01:19:41 pm »
  • Captain Banana
Lol, I don't have much DS games; New SMB, Children of Mana and Metroid Prime Hunters. And don't ask me how I got those 228 hours, I'm surprised myself that I played it for so long. XD
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2007, 04:52:27 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
Lol, I don't have much DS games; New SMB, Children of Mana and Metroid Prime Hunters. And don't ask me how I got those 228 hours, I'm surprised myself that I played it for so long. XD
Still nothing compared to my friend paul.. he had 700+ hours on blue version.

He caught all of the pokemon and trained them all to 99 >_< ENOUGH SPARE TIME!?

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2007, 01:58:20 am »
Still nothing compared to my friend paul.. he had 700+ hours on blue version.

He caught all of the pokemon and trained them all to 99 >_< ENOUGH SPARE TIME!?

Jesus christ, does your friend know what sunlight is?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.237 seconds with 64 queries.