Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The Simpsons Movie SUCKED!  (Read 4253 times)

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
Re: The Simpsons Movie SUCKED!
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2007, 10:02:22 pm »
  • The Mike
I'm canadian... we do have a good sense of humour >_<
Same here. My friends (who are Canadian) all have a great sense of humour. I also know others that do too.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2007, 10:37:33 pm »
I recently, um, "bought tickets" to see it but I haven't got around to watching it yet.  Hopefully it's better than the Family Guy movie...it was just three episodes put back-to-back...mediocre episodes at that.  The South Park movie and Beavis and Butthead Do America were both pretty good IMO, hopefully I'll enjoy this movie as much as those.  I used to love the Simpsons but I haven't watched it in years...hopefully this will redeem the show within my mind.

Also, anyone who says Canadians aren't funny hasn't given them a chance.  Some of the funniest actors in American movies are Canadian after all...we stole them from Canadia. <(intentional...)
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2007, 08:50:58 am »
  • Silly cat!
I loved the Simpsons Movie... it was just done really well. I didn't rofl at any of the jokes, but they made me smile, giggle, chuckle and whatnot. It was a very amusing and entertaining movie... And the music was extremely well done. I didn't care much for the plot, though... it was a bit empty. But everything else about the movie was terrific.

It was definitely funnier than a lot of the episodes they've been bringing out recently.

Oh, and the part where Homer and Bart go over Springfield Gorge on a motorcycle made a whole life of watching every Simpsons episode completely worth it.

Hoffy.
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2007, 11:24:51 am »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
"I didn't care much for the plot"

That is I guess my complaint. If the plot sucks and doesn't grab you, as far as I'm concerned the whole film sucks, no amount of jokes can save it, it still bores me senseless.
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2007, 11:38:53 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
I thought it was really really funny. Definitely worth seeing.
  • Lionfish Apps

Reckdrummer

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2007, 12:47:06 am »
hey, i no  we are talking about the southpark movie now but i thought that the simpsons movie was hilarious. i have never watched the series except for a couple of times but i still thought the movie was funny
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2007, 07:39:00 am »
  • Hookshot to the Future!
I really like SOuth park more but i liked the movie it surpised me when they show Barts DICK lol
Check my ZRPG development blog at rev2k9blog.spaces.live.com
  • My Blog

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2007, 08:51:00 am »
  • Silly cat!
"I didn't care much for the plot"

That is I guess my complaint. If the plot sucks and doesn't grab you, as far as I'm concerned the whole film sucks, no amount of jokes can save it, it still bores me senseless.
It was just... epic. It was just a good movie representation of The Simpsons.

Hoffy.
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2007, 09:24:18 am »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
I recently watched The Simpsons Movie, it SUCKED!

It was just one crap pointless joke after another that were clearly vain attempts to hold the plot together. *sighs* I miss Faulty Towers...and Blackadder...greatest comedies every, way better than the American crap.
Canadians just don't have any sense of humor! just look at Terrence and Philip.

Did you call me Canadian?
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2007, 11:04:48 am »
  • I need something new to put here...
I love the south park movie...
"Shut your !@#$% face uncle !@#$%..."
lol
Is it cartman's mum
Hey! It is cartman's mum!

hilarious!
,;Sk;,
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2007, 03:31:20 am »
  • that old name
I was waiting for this thread :).

I saw the movie days ago. All in all, I'd say it's on par with some of the better episodes of the series(yes, of the entire series >_>).

It was very funny, as well as very Simpsons-like. Despite there only being a handful of laugh out loud moments - I was chuckling, and had a smile on my face for nearly the entire run of the movie('The Simpsons' has always been an experience like this, ..to me, at least). Also, the pacing stood out when comparing it to an episode; that is: it felt like a movie, natively. The plot(no matter how ridiculous) could not be crammed into a half-hour - and actually, it still felt like it needed to be fleshed out more, even after 87minutes(i.e.:the movie ended too fast). Then again, I guess it's better to be left wanting more, than to have a 2-hour colossal bore. (..rhymes! =D)
Also, I enjoyed the Simpsons'ish emotional touches as well(Marge's Tape, etc..)

It's true that most of this movies' plot, and sub-plots have already been done in some way on the show; but they were done very well here(perhaps better than ever), and of course, were just different enough for the fans. Nevertheless, they have already done 18seasons, ..soo... x_X. (it's no excuse, but I'm just saying that it's great that they still come up with anything original)

Err...and I thought "President Schwarzenegger" was very.. blatant. And plus, that guy was basically just 'Rainier Wolfcastle'. It's no biggie, really, and was probably just done to appeal to the "non-fanbase" audience, so that they would get the [quite obvious]joke. (lol, non-Simpsons'-fans ..in 2007!? xD)

But most of all, this movie was like a super-EPIC extension of The Simpsons. And not just because of the Length and the word "Movie", or even the better animation, but those all helped.

. . .That sounded way more like a "Review" than I ever intended >.>.

Oh, and the part where Homer and Bart go over Springfield Gorge on a motorcycle made a whole life of watching every Simpsons episode completely worth it.
That was the perfect nostalgic treatment to anyone who's seen that episode XD. Someone on another forum pointed out how the ambulance from the original episode("Bart the Daredevil") was still crashed into the tree in the movie - a little detail that I missed XD.

Now I just have to patiently wait for the first Futurama DVD-Movie to come out on November 27th(it was revealed at Comic-Con). Yippie!

PS: I'm glad that this thread isn't full of a bunch of staunch "I haven't watched the Simpsons since Season 10; it makes me cry, ..and ur stupid" type people. A nice break from some other forums. The Simpsons used to have more hits, and the style has changed a bit.. I'd have to agree; ..but I'm not a crazed Simpsons Traditionalist/Fundie/whatever...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 03:43:24 am by Sterlin254 »
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2007, 02:11:08 pm »
I recently, um, "bought tickets" to see it but I haven't got around to watching it yet.  Hopefully it's better than the Family Guy movie...it was just three episodes put back-to-back...mediocre episodes at that.  The South Park movie and Beavis and Butthead Do America were both pretty good IMO, hopefully I'll enjoy this movie as much as those.  I used to love the Simpsons but I haven't watched it in years...hopefully this will redeem the show within my mind.

Also, anyone who says Canadians aren't funny hasn't given them a chance.  Some of the funniest actors in American movies are Canadian after all...we stole them from Canadia. <(intentional...)

Actually the Family Guy movie first came out on DVD as an actual movie, but when they released it on tv they just cut it into 3 episodes.

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2007, 04:15:33 pm »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
Really? I liked it. It's nice seeing some Simpsons-brand comedy on the big screen.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2007, 05:31:46 pm »

Actually the Family Guy movie first came out on DVD as an actual movie, but when they released it on tv they just cut it into 3 episodes.
Yep, I know.  But if I remember correctly, even in movie form it was split into three "acts"...I could be wrong, I haven't watched it since it first came out, but I think so.
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2007, 08:45:26 pm »
  • that old name

Yep, I know.  But if I remember correctly, even in movie form it was split into three "acts"...I could be wrong, I haven't watched it since it first came out, but I think so.
It was. It was essentially three episodes, with filler from the "Premier Night" mixed in.
There were even different writers for each "Part". Nevertheless, it was a well-put-together trio, and felt more movie'ish than your average episode(then again, average episodes are only ~22mins).

But it wasn't as movie'worthy as The Simpsons Movie, imo. Futurama is taking an in-between/opposite approach: making a movie-movie, and then cutting and "reconfiguring" them into episodes. Should be interesting to see the episode "versions" :D.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 09:06:18 pm by Sterlin254 »
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2007, 01:37:48 pm »
  • n___n
I loved the Simpsons Movie. I watched the TV show every now and then, I wasn't a huge fan, but I found the movie to be fantastic. It had a good story, too. I mean, it was alright, but it didn't make the movie anythig less than superb.

Maybe you didn't like it because you were expecting it to be super awesome. Or you were just sitting on sour grapes. Who knows?
yo yo yo

araknid_kid@yahoo.com = email and MSN
HellsExecutionR = AIM
araknidude = XBox Live gamertag
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2007, 04:41:25 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
I don't know...I was laughing at it, I found it funny. But it still bored me. Maybe I was having an off day and I'll go and watch it again XD
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2007, 02:52:10 pm »
I have yet to see it, but I assumed it's kinda over-hyped.  Maybe I'll go see it this weekend.
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2007, 07:51:03 am »
Sorry if I'm late, I just wanted to state my opinion. The movie was really an extended episode of any TV episode, with a movie polish over the animation. The jokes seemed old and crummy. I like the simpsons, but the movie was average at best.

the a o d c
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2007, 12:07:19 am »
There were a couple moments that made me grin, but otherwise it was bland and far too short.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.22 seconds with 78 queries.