Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Okay guys, I need your help!  (Read 783 times)

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
Okay guys, I need your help!
« on: April 27, 2010, 04:42:14 pm »
Im having to write a report on cloud gaming vs traditional gaming. Im doing this with a mate so I have 750 words to write. I've used up 201 already. Now I have two sections to write about.
-Usability
-Costing

Could someone first explain what I need to write about for these sections. Then I'll go from there.

Please help ZFGC.
  • Phoenix Heart
Re: Okay guys, I need your help!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 05:13:26 pm »
  • that old name
This here ..is a mess of points(not a single one bullet), sorry:

Usability.
No discs to swap and such with cloud - Can be a hassle with traditional. Also disc based media can be scratched, worn, fail, etc... But then again, cloud based reliability is at the behest of whoever's serving it. What kinds of games could be more/less advanced based on the performance(bandwidth), and social(online) trade-offs?

Cost.
What types of games would cost how much to serve over a cloud? Would companies charge fairly, or the same as retail even when it should be cheaper? if subscription based will the costs eventually be more than if you just bought all the games you play traditionally? How does it compete with services like XBOX Live that serve to complement traditional games? Do you value a physical copy? If ad based, is that too intrusive?

I didn't exactly stick to a strict definition of "cloud" ... My thought got lost in a mix of the gametaps and steams and xbox live arcades and online card games and chat rooms and some concepts I've seen .......but anyway, those are my thoughts.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 05:59:22 pm by Sterlin254 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.234 seconds with 41 queries.

anything