Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Damn You Swine FLUUUUUUUUU!!!! *shakes fist* </Colbert>  (Read 913 times)

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
Damn You Swine FLUUUUUUUUU!!!! *shakes fist* </C...
« on: May 22, 2009, 04:24:53 am »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/year-s-biggest-video-games-event-threatened-by-swine-flu-fears/1316127

Every summer, everyone who's anyone in the video games industry gathers in Los Angeles for the E3 entertainment show: a week of game demos, press conferences and announcements that spell out the shape of the games world for the next year. But this year's model, which starts in just two weeks, is falling foul of swine flu travel restrictions issued by the Japanese government.

One game is already confirmed as a swine-flu-related no-show: Capcom-developed zombie thriller Dead Rising 2. Prominent Japanese developers Square Enix (responsible for the Final Fantasy games) and Koei have both forbidden their Japanese staff to attend the show.

After the U.S., Mexico and Canada, Japan is the country with the most swine flu cases, and the government has taken major steps to curb the outbreak, including closing over 4,000 schools and advising citizens to avoid international travel.

E3 organizers are committed to going ahead with the event, though. As spokesperson Dan Hewitt told gaming blog Joystiq a few weeks ago, "The 2009 E3 Expo is progressing as planned. Public health officials are taking all appropriate steps and we continue to follow their direction on all measures."

The part that pisses me off the most...
Prominent Japanese developers Square Enix (responsible for the Final Fantasy games) and Koei have both forbidden their Japanese staff to attend the show.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! MANILOW!!!!!!

ahem, I've watched too much Colbert Report recently >.< but yea... seriously? wtf...
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-
Re: Damn You Swine FLUUUUUUUUU!!!! *shakes fist*...
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 04:29:19 am »
The way I look at it, the last two E3's were bad enough to cushion the blow.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 04:49:48 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
This reminds me of a funny convo I had with someone random.

Anon: http://bbc.co.uk/europe/8027043.htm
>.>

Me: page not found foo

Anon: damn
it was funny too
someone made a fake BBC article that said cases of Zombieism have occured with swine flu

me: lol

Anon: when my boyfriend first sent it to me it was at the "height of the scare" and me being the trusting girlfriend and hypocondriac that I am failed to look at the actual link and actually freaked the !@#$% out for a few minutes till he told me it was fake

me: ROFL
XD Anon's afraid of a zombie apocalypse?

Anon: >.>

me: It might be smallpox
that causes you to be a hypocondriac

Anon: don't judge me XD

me: better get that checked out XD

Anon: shush

me: It's probably small pox
prolly...

Anon: prolly lupus

me: Do you sometimes have things in your vision?
like objects and shapes of different colors?
and when you touch your skin, does it feel like something?

Anon: I !@#$% hate you lol

me: It's probably aids
better go get that checked out XD
Not puny HIV, but full blown aids

Anon: fu

me: lol

BTW That's totally lame... Swine flu is the suck
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 04:56:19 am »
In Mexico the Swine Flu is controled :D, well, I haven't cared about it, for two weeks >_> no one in the north care since it hasn't reached us :P.
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 06:36:01 pm »
In the Netherlands only 2 cases were found and people who had been in close proximity of the sick didn't caught it. So no worries here.

Well at least Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo can let the American Branch of the company take care of the press conference. We won't be seeing the familiar Japanese faces, but we'll have to do with their American counterparts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 47 queries.