Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: This election is over.... Democrats win....  (Read 4328 times)

Re: This election is over.... Democrats win....
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2008, 07:08:57 pm »
Damn you Americans and your rediculous ideas of politics. Our conservatives are more liberal than your democrats (note to reader: I have no idea what that means).

our elections are set up so that if anyone is going to win the presidency, they must exhibit rather moderate politics. If a candidate is too liberal or too conservative, they'll find difficulty in winning over the votes of their entire party, not to mention the independent voters.

Not unless the Electoral College steps in. Then they get to decide who wins. It's ridiculous. Sure I can understand it was originally set up so that the people thought they were electing a president, but they were all just dumb farmers so the Electoral College made the decision. But most of us are smart enough now to vote without them.
Re: This election is over.... Democrats win....
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2008, 08:44:33 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
I don't quite understand the British politics system (nor the American one), but I think we have parties that all run (but really the major ones are the only ones that get shown in the news etc) and each party has it's own spokesman, who then the becomes Prime Minister if they win. So in theory any party can run (Yay Monster Raving Loony Party!) but the media, public awareness and so-on prevents all but the main ones from winning (I will kill myself if the British National Party ever get in).

Then again, I don't really know very well, so never quote me on this (or I shall kill you).
Seems like the Canadian system. We have Progressive Conservatives and Liberals (and N.D.P, but no one cares about them). Whichever party gets the most amount of seats elected in the house of commons becomes the ruling party, and whoever is the leader becomes Prime Minister. We have Stephen Harper right now and he has turned out blah. I used to be P.C, and I don't want to really be Liberal because they waste all of their money on the eastern provinces and forget about the west.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.265 seconds with 37 queries.

anything