Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone Have/Wanna Write a story for my game?  (Read 1955 times)

cpprograms

Banned
Anyone Have/Wanna Write a story for my game?
« on: November 13, 2006, 01:06:37 am »
As some of you may already know, I am creating a game in Java with a friend of mine for school. We are working on a lot of stuff at once, but have a lot working. I'll have demos available any day now, though I wanna get a thing or two more working first. You can find some information about this game across the forum, but I haven't made much known yet. You can see the sprites I'll be using (well, some of them. The graphics that created the demo screenies are there too) here.

What I need now is a good story. I had one a friend of mine was gonna write, but it would just be too hard to use. It's too open and long and complicated. I've got a very strong time limit, and I really can't have as hard a story to code as his. I'm not saying his isn't good but... just not enough time.

I'm not gonna be strict on the story or anything, there's not a lot I *need*> What I want is a storyline that has a few towns and a few dungeons to get through, with a central purpose to it. Nothing too extremely long, but something with some good thought behind it. The game will have random battles, an overworld, attacks levels magical skills and personal skills, all that stuff you expect from an RPG. Ask me anything you want, but if you have a story that fits this or could fit this, or you want to write one, please do what you feel like. As long as I can code in in the next two months, it's perfectly fine. I could use a storyline relatively soon though, as I need to start creating maps and doing other tedious work.

I could release a demo now but it's just not ready enough yet for the general public in my eyes. We do already have fullscreen/windowed switching, a full overworld with tiled screens, and collisions, and the beginnings of battles. Saving and loading of levels should be mostly done by tonight. There's also the beginnings of battles, with foes you can defeat as well.

If you really must see a demo feel free to pm me. It's not too pretty right now mostly in battle as a ton is done but it can't be showcased yet.

Thanks in advance,

~ Chris
  • cpprograms
Re: Anyone Have/Wanna Write a story for my game?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 09:16:20 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
I could give it a shot ;) Whilst a demo would be nice It's not required. However, I generally write stories for the anti-christ, and the doomed lands. So my story'd be quite depressive...if that's okay than I could definately try. :)

EDIT:

Here is my quick idea:
They are two well known and well worshipped gods of these lands, The god of the Dawn, and the God of the Moon. However, they is another less known and less loved god, the God of the Crimson.

Whilst the other gods are kind and caring, the Crimson God is the opposite. He is the god of lust, desire and jealously. Of revenge, hate and despair. He is the god of the blood hunt, of the black beast and the silver tong. He is the god of the Vampires, the werewolves and the demons.

Who would want to worship such a god? Who would want to even acknowledge his existence? More than you would like to believe. The shadowy cult of the blood haunt the darkness of many towns, many villages, many lakes, many forests and many mountains. They are the whispers in the ears of the kings and the eyes for those blinded by power.

You are one such a cultist, having joined the cult as a child you have been a member for many years, however you have not yet completed the sacred test of passage which all men and women must undertake. At the age of 16, The time for you to undertake the passage has come. First you must climb the mountain of fire and take the emblem of the burning rage from the altar in it???s crater.

Next you must travel to the fallen forest, where you must claim the amulet of shades from it???s heart. Finally you must claim the ring of blood from the beneath lake of black ice. Once you claim all of these, you must open the gate to Crimson???s Domain, and defeat the Crimson-Avatar within. If you survive the tests, you will become a brother of the blood, and your life long desire will have been completed.

As you travel you will meet friends and enemies, you must protect your identity as one of the blood at any cost and indeed the choice may come where you have to decide between your friends and the cult. The choice should be a clear one, the cult is your only family and your only true friend.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 09:57:30 pm by TheDarkJay »

cpprograms

Banned
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 02:59:31 am »
Well, I must say I do like the story. I do not think it will fit well with the game I have going however. The sprites I use are too... well... happy :P Thanks a lot though, that's a really good plot idea. I hope you or someone else can put it to good use :)

Sprites to be used: http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=9268.0 <-- here, I have more also, everything that comprises the mockup screenies, for example.

UPDATE: A writer has been found; Silver_Eyes is the new writer for the project. :D

:D!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 04:21:50 am by cpprograms »
  • cpprograms
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 04:57:50 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
lol, I thought the story was a little dark too dark for your sprites :D

Then again compare it to what my stories are usually like and that one would be considered a happy story :)

Good that you found a happy writer, my stories are usually very depressive and seem to carry the underlying theme of "Humanity sucks" :)
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 09:48:24 pm »
I used to want to be an author. I was really good. I'll give it a shot (if your interested now I want to be a comic book writer)

K
On the small island called Jari Bun a wise heremit named Tori Tori called a boy named Caron to talk to him. When Caron got to the cave Tori Tori told Caron that the King of Jari Bun will soon become very sick and unless Caron can retrieve the medicine which resides in a fortress on a small island to the north the disease would spead until Jari Bun was destroyed. Tori Tori said he would meet Caron soon. The boy did not beleive the stupid hermit until the next day when the King was ill and could not attend the Chari Bari Parade to celebrate the defeat of a great monster who fled to a fairy island up North. Caron then agreed to go.

Caron travels from his town on the southern half of Jari Bun north to the tip of the island where he faces problems which allow him to play through dungeons and get advice from Tori Tori along the way. At the northern tip of Jari Bun you get a boat go to the Fairy Island up north where the monster lives in a fortress full of his henchmen and other enemies. This is the last dungeon. Then you get the medicine from him and Jari Bun is saved yay.

*_* I tried.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 09:57:56 pm by Moldrill »

cpprograms

Banned
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2006, 02:55:39 am »
Uh, read the previous posts. I have an author... thanks but no thanks.
  • cpprograms
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2006, 10:54:00 am »
How will the story tie into the game?
If it's a regular role-playing game, you don't really need a huge, in-depth background.
You could do something similar to the The Elder Scrolls series and add in any background information in books or something of the sort.
How about...
[Character's Name] was walking down the streets of [Town Name] one day, when [Old Man's Name] said "Hello, you look like an adventurer of sorts. Why not go fetch me [Sword Name]? I'd be ever so grateful."
But little did our hero know, he was walking into a trap...a trap plagued by like, dungeons...and towns...and stuff.

I'd say go with my story, it has it all!
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2006, 01:52:41 pm »
Oh. <_< sry. ._.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 53 queries.

anything