Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Which is better? GameCube or PlayStation2?

GCN!
PS2!
Who cares???

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: GCN V.S. PS2  (Read 6857 times)

tippz

Re: GCN V.S. PS2
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2006, 04:42:08 am »
Except none of Sony's games are 'new' sure, they are a new franchise but very few if any do anything to push genres. Spawing sequel after sequel on the same platform sure sounds a lot like playing the same formula relying on previous success to create further success...

3rd party point taken, just saying in general it can't be counted as Sony's advantage though it can be counted as the PS2's

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2006, 04:56:26 am »
  • b e p i s
Well, we all know me as the vehement anti-fanboy. However, I personally prefer the PS2, not because it is innately better than the GameCube, but because it has a broader selection of good games. LOL THEY ARNT ORIGINAL LOLOLLOOOL. K. I have fun playing my PS2. A lot. That's what I play video games to do. And while a lot of shovelware does get piled on the PS2, there are a very high amount of good, quality, fun games for the system that, while they may not break daring new ground, are fun to play (can't say the same for PSP based on my experiences.)

Meanwhile, the main reason I own a GameCube is for a few really good first-party Nintendo games. I've got Metroid Prime (way overrated IMO), Fire Emblem, Mario Sunshine, SC2, and WW. I currently have TP preordered. There are no other games I currently plan to buy for the GameCube, though I wish I had SSBM. Meanwhile, I can walk into my local used game shop with $10 and walk out with a cool PS2 game I may not have heard of before. This is how I discovered Wild Arms 3 :P
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2006, 06:24:00 am »
I gotta go with Gamecube. The only games I really want for the Ps2 are

Bishi Bashi Special (funny as hell)
Final Fantasy 8 and under (great rpgs)

For me, the best games are ones that feel... FUN. A lot of games people say are fun, but they don't actually enjoy them, they just play it because of the challenge. (Human insticts)

That's why I like GC, Wario Ware, always makes me crack up, mario party is good with 4 players, zelda has an amazing storyline all the time, so it's like reading a good book.

I rest my case.
URL=http://z7.invisionfree.com/VGRP/index.php]My new website![/URL]

Gilgamesh

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2006, 07:46:37 am »
Hands down the PS2.

Superb games like:
- Ico
- Shadow of the Colossus
- Final Fantasy
- Dragon Quest
- Zone of the Enders
- Metal Gear Solid
- Dark Cloud
- Tales of ***
- Devil May Cry
- KillZone
- God of War
- GTA
- Jak&Daxter
- Ratchet&Clank
- And more...

And tippz, you're pulling crap out of your ass.
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2006, 02:46:08 pm »
  • <3
GC because i don't like shooters & sports games and thats pretty much all the ps2 has :P

I really don't care. (I own an xbox) But giving the choice, I'd take a GCN over a PS2 for the reasons that I like Zelda, and hate final fantasy. (Except crystal chronicals which I liked because I could play it with my friends)
How can you hate final fantasy???
I love final fantasy but i didn't like crystal chronicles because its just too different from the other FF's...and it gets boring too fast :(
I'm not on ZFGC a lot anymore, but I'm on the IRC channel.
Online Multiplayer Uno Card Game!

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
  • My Website

tippz

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2006, 02:49:33 pm »
Name one thing that I 'pulled out of my ass' Gilgamesh (or anyone else for that matter)

PM me if you don't think it would be appropriate for the conversation. I really want to know where all of you get off telling me that I am full of !@#$% or that I am wrong when all of my arguments have a strong basis in FACT.
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2006, 03:04:38 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
you know guys, when I said original games..I didn't mean storyline wise, i meant gameplay wise!!  How many pikmin type games do you see on ps2?  How many games do you have on ps2 where your weapon is a freakin' water machine thing?  HOW MANY FIGHTING GAMES ON PS2 ARE LIKE SUPER SMASH BROS???

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2006, 03:05:26 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
Name one thing that I 'pulled out of my ass' Gilgamesh (or anyone else for that matter)
He already answered that question, lol:
crap

Actually, for once on the matter of Nintendo tippz, I have to agree with you.  You know that I prefer the PSP over the DS, and you know that I don't like the Wii, but I do have to admit that the GCN is much better because of Nintendo's 1st and 2nd party games.

*Invisible Cow Snatcher*

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2006, 03:08:38 pm »
the GCN is much better because of Nintendo's 1st and 2nd party games.

I agree.

Edit 1:

Holy shiz!!! This is already a very hot topic! :o
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 03:12:48 pm by *Invisible Cow Snatcher* »

tippz

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2006, 03:15:45 pm »
He already answered that question, lol:
crap

Actually, for once on the matter of Nintendo tippz, I have to agree with you.  You know that I prefer the PSP over the DS, and you know that I don't like the Wii, but I do have to admit that the GCN is much better because of Nintendo's 1st and 2nd party games.

lol, nice

Anyway, it isn't like I'm saying Nintendo doesn't rely on its franchises, really it is quite obvious that they do. What I am saying is Sony is even worse when it comes to spawing sequel after sequel (mario party games excluded...)

Gilgamesh

« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2006, 05:26:07 pm »
Anyway, it isn't like I'm saying Nintendo doesn't rely on its franchises, really it is quite obvious that they do. What I am saying is Sony is even worse when it comes to spawing sequel after sequel (mario party games excluded...)
Yes, and it's horrible to see that those sequels suck. I mean, Metal Gear Solid 3? Jak3? Ratchet and Clank 3? They're so horribly bad! And originality? Pff, Sony doesn't care about that! They prefer unoriginal games like Katamary Damacy, Loco Roco, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Buzz the Music Quiz or the EyeToy games. Besides, the only thing the PS2 has are shooters and racing games. (Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Tales of <>, Dark Cloud, Shadow of the Colossus, Kingdom Hearts, Ico, Zone of the Enders, Guilty Gear, Shin Megami Tensei, Castlevania, Jak&Daxter, Ratchet&Clank, Secret of Mana etc. excluded)
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2006, 05:27:39 pm »
GC because i don't like shooters & sports games and thats pretty much all the ps2 has :P

I really don't care. (I own an xbox) But giving the choice, I'd take a GCN over a PS2 for the reasons that I like Zelda, and hate final fantasy. (Except crystal chronicals which I liked because I could play it with my friends)
How can you hate final fantasy???
I love final fantasy but i didn't like crystal chronicles because its just too different from the other FF's...and it gets boring too fast :(

only shooters and sports games? The PS2 has by far the widest selection of RPGs on any console this generation, and the ability to play PS1 games (which include some of the BEST RPGs of all time) gives it an unparalleled RPG library. Not to mention that you don't get Final Fantasy on GCN, which you just said you love.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest

Gilgamesh

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2006, 05:30:48 pm »
Oh, and to add to my list of unoriginal Sony crap; Rez, Guitar Hero and Ape Escape can't be forgotten either.

And it doesn't have Super Smash Bros. Melee! Come on! Sure, it has Guilty Gear, Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter etc. But no SSBM?! That makes it the worst console by far!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 05:41:00 pm by Gilgamesh »
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2006, 05:37:45 pm »
Gamecube was the console for me this past generation with Xbox coming in close behind.

It has great games, pretty good graphics, and there was a fair selection.  I'll admit that it could have had more RPGs but the ones that the NGC does have are great. 

I have had fun playing PS2 but most times the graphics literally hurt my eyes.  I cannot even play GTA: Vice City because my eyes water and sting.  :x  Darker colored games like DMC I can handle and graphically simple games like Guitar Hero I can also handle. 
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2006, 05:44:44 pm »
Oh, and to add to my list of unoriginal Sony crap; Rez, Guitar Hero and Ape Escape can't be forgotten either.

And it doesn't have Super Smash Bros. Melee! Come on! Sure, it has Guilty Gear, Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter etc. But no SSBM?! That makes it the worst console by far!

Unoriginal Mario Games

Mario Party 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

DDR Mario.

tippz

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2006, 05:55:17 pm »
Yes, and it's horrible to see that those sequels suck. I mean, Metal Gear Solid 3? Jak3? Ratchet and Clank 3? They're so horribly bad! And originality? Pff, Sony doesn't care about that!

Not saying they are terrible games, but don't you go ripping on Nintendo for making sequel after sequel when Sony does it too. That was my entire arguement.

Fissure, DDR mario was made by Konami. It is a 3rd party game...

Yes, there are too many Mario parties I wish they would stop but you have to admit that they are the exception not the rule.
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2006, 06:00:17 pm »
Yes, and it's horrible to see that those sequels suck. I mean, Metal Gear Solid 3? Jak3? Ratchet and Clank 3? They're so horribly bad! And originality? Pff, Sony doesn't care about that!

Not saying they are terrible games, but don't you go ripping on Nintendo for making sequel after sequel when Sony does it too. That was my entire arguement.

Fissure, DDR mario was made by Konami. It is a 3rd party game...

Yes, there are too many Mario parties I wish they would stop but you have to admit that they are the exception not the rule.

So when Sony makes sequel after sequelon the same console the're evil bastards who only want money and are putting all 2-3 sequels on one console.

But when Nintendo does it the're the exception, not the rule.

N64: Mario Party 1, 2, 3

Gamecube: 4, 5, 6, 7

Yes, they are fun, but you're being a hypocrite if you think it's fine for Nintendo and then go and bashing Sony for it.

tippz

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2006, 06:10:34 pm »
No, if Nintendo did that with multiple franchises then it would be the rule not the exception. However, Mario party titles are the only ones really being rushed through development to get them out there as fast as possible.

Sony does it with multiple franchises. I'll admit it isn't as bad as I thought it was at first, as Sony makes some games I didn't know they did and didn't make some I thought they did. Regardless, at best Sony does the same thing as Nintendo making one or two entries into a series per platform.

Not that I ever bashed Sony for doing it. I just said that Sony uses its franchises to make money but in a different way than Nintendo.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 06:14:57 pm by tippz »
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2006, 06:15:02 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
or the EyeToy games
lol @ you thinking the eye toy was an original idea.  It's been done several times by several companies.

Out here, there was a development company in Salt Lake who came out with the exact same thing (only I thought it was more fun) in 1999.  Unfortunately, technology was new at the time, so it cost $100, unlike Sony's cheap release it was less than... wait!  It was ALSO $100 if I recall correctly.

If the eye toy was an original idea, and not some cheap recycled rip-off, then Land Before Time XIXIIVVIXIX isn't a sequel. ;)

Don't get me wrong.  I like Sony.  But calling them "original"?  Borderline absurd... but their quality is 10 times better than the next guy... then again, if we're looking at systems, Ninty makes the more durable stuff.

And *any* Mario Party games is too many ;)
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2006, 06:16:51 pm »
No, if Nintendo did that with multiple franchises then it would be the rule not the exception. However, Mario party titles are the only ones really being rushed through development to get them out there as fast as possible.

Sony does it with multiple franchises. I'll admit it isn't as bad as I thought it was at first, as Sony makes some games I didn't know they did and didn't make some I thought they did. Reguardless, at best Sony does the same thing as Nintendo making one or two entries into a series per platform.

Not that I ever bashed Sony for doing it. I just said that Sony uses its franchises to make money but in a different way than Nintendo.

People buy the sequels because they want to, the sequels help further the story, with the exception of DMC 2. Sony just does what ever other game company does and makes sequels.

Nintendo also have their little money making ideas, releasing their NES games on the GBA for $20+ a piece.

Nintendo may have only done it with Mario Party, but they still did it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 79 queries.