Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [WIP] LoZ: Island of Dreams  (Read 3195 times)

[WIP] LoZ: Island of Dreams
« on: April 10, 2007, 12:54:54 am »
I don't have any support banner yet, but I am working on a game in Zelda Classic called LoZ: Island of Dreams. Don't think that just because it's a ZC project, it has to be horrible. 'Cause I think it's coming along fairly well. If you go to Purezc at all, you might have heard of "Link's Awakening ZC". It's the same as this. But problems arose, and I had to restart. So I changed its name as well as the tileset. It is being made in ZC 2.11 beta 12d using the Dance of Rememberance tileset.
------------------
Here are some screenshots

^ Old ^

^ Old ^

^*New*^ 4/30/07

------------------
Support Banner:

I know it's not much, but I don't really want to make a big deal out of making a support banner.
------------------
staff (that includes bugtesters, people who help me with graphics etc.) includes:

-Moonwhisper from Purezc
-Video Game Kraz from Purezc (We haven't spoken in a while... I wonder what ever happeneed to him...)

If you would like to help out with anything, please let me know. :)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 11:56:02 pm by Beta Link »
Island of Dreams- LA/DX RemakeLevel 1 demo- clicky

Devy

Re: [WIP] LoZ: Island of Dreams
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 12:59:18 am »

i don't think the lttp trees fit in very good

anyways nice to see more fan games how are you on a demo? (what do you have in it right now) also did you think of a story yet?

btw welcome to zfgc
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 01:26:44 am »
I think they look fine, though in-game they might seem a bit weird in proportion to Link.
I like it though, it's looking good. Can't wait for a demo.
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 01:36:19 am »
Thanks for the positive replys, guys. :) Yeah, I'm thinking they don't really fit in myself... I'm going to be changing the Link sprite, maybe to something a bit bigger, like a recolored LttP Link... I was thinking of putting in MC trees for a bit... Those would seem even wierder. :P Yes, I did think of a story. it's the same as Link's Awakening. I have been thinking of changing it a little though. I'm thinking of changing it to fit in with the 2 Oracles. So I'm thinking of changing it to something like "Oracle of Dreams". So the name of my game isn't really final. It'll always be pretty much the same as LA though.

Oh, something I forgot to mention... For those of you don't know/can't tell... Those Octorocks are from BS Zelda (I didn't make them), that grass is supposed to animate, and that translucent white line on the right of the first screenshot is supposed to be wind (that animates too. :P)

Oh yeah, on the subject of a demo... I only have like, 6 or 7 screens done so far. I still have to make the forest, the village, all of level one, all of the cutscenes, and then, I might release a demo. I hope to include everything up to the end of level 1 in the demo.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 04:37:50 pm by Beta Link »
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 07:24:53 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
Ah, that looks very, very good.  I love Zelda Classic and you're using beautiful graphics.

I'm pretty interested to see how this remake turns out.
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 01:02:20 pm »
  • Loopier than a bowl of Cheerios
LA = best 2D Zelda, Zelda Classic = Easy to use this project could be good. Keep it up.

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 12:39:51 am »
Small update, I finally made a title screen for the game. (Yes, you can make title screens for your games in ZC. :P)

Now, I have some stuff there that might need to be modified or removed. The first change on my mind is moving the Wind Fish's egg another 8 pixels down. Another thing on my mind is whether or not I should have that Japanese writing on the bottom of the logo. It looks cool, and I know what it means (Legend of Zelda), but some people may be confused by it.  :-\ Besides that, I don't really know what I should change.

One more thing, thanks for the positive comments on this. :)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 12:54:24 am by Beta Link »

Koh

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 02:23:42 am »
  • Tamer Koh
It looks nice, can't wait to play :D.
  • Megaclipse Games

gm112

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 05:30:06 am »
Small update, I finally made a title screen for the game. (Yes, you can make title screens for your games in ZC. :P)

Now, I have some stuff there that might need to be modified or removed. The first change on my mind is moving the Wind Fish's egg another 8 pixels down. Another thing on my mind is whether or not I should have that Japanese writing on the bottom of the logo. It looks cool, and I know what it means (Legend of Zelda), but some people may be confused by it.  :-\ Besides that, I don't really know what I should change.

One more thing, thanks for the positive comments on this. :)

Looks like the false Zelda III beta title screen.
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 07:46:27 pm »
Huh... Now that you mention it... I guess you're right... But the fake Zelda III title was supposed to look alot like the LA title screen, right? :P I'm thinking of removing that Japanese writing, and changing the "Island of Dreams" bit to a different color, maybe gold.

Look at the first post, and you will notice that I replaced the title screen (Now with a completely different font, but it still doesn't look right), and I made a suport banner, so please! Put it in your sig!!!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 12:02:00 am by Beta Link »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 54 queries.

anything