Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Demo] TloZ: Island of Dreams (Updated May 15, 2008)  (Read 4514 times)

[Demo] TloZ: Island of Dreams (Updated May 15, 2...
« on: March 02, 2008, 03:59:00 am »
The Legend of Zelda: Island of Dreams by Beta Link
I remember making a thread for this ages ago... But I'm posting another one to prevent breaking grave-digging rules.  :P

Anyway, for those of you who don't know, Island of Dreams is my Link's Awakening remake. It is being made in the latest Zelda Classic 2.5 build, which is constantly being updated, so it'll always be the latest build  ;) I have a bunch of screenshots to show off, and a demo!

None of those are actually from the demo itself, but thay are all included in the demo.  ;) And yes, I realize that a tree in the second shot is messed up.

And speaking of demos- IoD Demo 2 That demo includes everything through the first dungeon. But after that, is still being worked on.

There are a ton of credits, but I'm too tired to list all of them... But off the top of my head, I can name a few people...

Radien- Tileset
Joe_Dirt- Title Screen background
Joe_123- Most of the ZScripting
Moonwhisper- Support

I don't have a support banner yet... And I wasn't really planning on making one, but whatever. :-\

One more thing I feel I should mention- The story is not exactly the same as it was in LA/DX. There are some alterations. Specifically, the Wind Fish is now the Ocean King (from Phantom Hourglass), and there is an "Oracle of Dreams" Involved. ;) I also have figured out where in the Zelda Timeline I think it goes... LttP -> OoS/A -> LA/DX  :P
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 03:10:28 am by Beta Link »
Island of Dreams- LA/DX RemakeLevel 1 demo- clicky

alirazaq

Re: [Demo] TloZ: Island of Dreams
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 04:06:10 am »
Nice tiles, looks cool but it's for that one program so I don't think I will be downloading it.

Also lol @ Moldorm key
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 04:15:23 am »
  • Huzzah!!!
OMFG LA is my favorite game ever.

I love the new look.

I play LA again every few years.

I'd love to play it a new way.

I love the fact that you are changing small things.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 07:11:48 am »
Question what about the following two things

1-Roc's Feather
2-Lvl 1 Boss

Will they be in the game?
  • Phoenix Heart

Koh

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 12:38:10 pm »
  • Tamer Koh
They look nice.  BTW, the timeline is LTTP->LA->OoS/A
  • Megaclipse Games

Solarrain4

The Blurred Line In-Between
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 04:15:22 pm »
  • ...Is it recording?
Question what about the following two things

1-Roc's Feather
2-Lvl 1 Boss

Will they be in the game?

The Roc's Feather is being or has already been added as an usable item in ZC, so I'm sure he'll include that. And it is possible to program custom bosses. However, whether or not he'll do that is for him to answer, not me.

Anyway, this game is looking great so far! Keep it up!
06/29/2014 - forever and always <3
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 09:46:19 pm »
Yes, the Roc's Feather is in the game. :) You need it to beat level 1. And speaking of beating level 1, there is a mini-boss and a boss. Unfortunately, Z3-Style Moldorms have not been implemented into ZC yet, so the boss of level 1 is just 3 regular moldorms. :(

And dlbrooks, how does that make sense? Link didn't travel to Holodrum on a ship, he was warped there by the Triforce. After each Oracle game, Link traveled back to Hyrule on a ship, so it was after one of the Oracle games that Link got trapped on Koholint Island. That's my reasoning of it.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 10:17:19 pm »
Yes, the Roc's Feather is in the game. :) You need it to beat level 1. And speaking of beating level 1, there is a mini-boss and a boss. Unfortunately, Z3-Style Moldorms have not been implemented into ZC yet, so the boss of level 1 is just 3 regular moldorms. :(

And dlbrooks, how does that make sense? Link didn't travel to Holodrum on a ship, he was warped there by the Triforce. After each Oracle game, Link traveled back to Hyrule on a ship, so it was after one of the Oracle games that Link got trapped on Koholint Island. That's my reasoning of it.
Ask shoelace to help you with the moldorm problem. His game rocked (He used ZC. His game was Hero of Dreams)
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2008, 12:48:25 am »
Yeah, I don't think there's a single person in the ZC community who doesn't know about that game.  XD But he couldn't have used Z3 style Moldorms, because like I said before, they aren't implemented yet, and you couldn't do much with custom enemies... But then again, I never played HoD through, so I don't know for sure.
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2008, 03:09:27 am »
Progress over the last few months has been more slow than I had hoped for, but don't worry; Island of Dreams is far from dead. I have a new demo and new screenshots to show off.

All those shots are of the second dungeon, which in the demo is a little more than halfway done. In the next demo, everything up to level 3 will have been completed. But for now, I just have half of level 2. Here's the download (right-click, save as). It is compatible only with Zelda Classic 2.5 build 798 (download here)

PS - There is a main topic for this demo at PureZC. The link to the topic is here.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 03:13:12 am by Beta Link »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.439 seconds with 57 queries.

anything