Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: [DEMO]Legend of Zelda: The Sage Knight  (Read 7306 times)

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
[DEMO]Legend of Zelda: The Sage Knight
« on: August 31, 2008, 04:33:47 am »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.

-Story-
Young Link awakens on the morning of his 16th birthday witch marks his first day at the Royal Hylian Guard academy, but his first day is anything but average! Not only has the captain seemed to take some sort of interest in his training, but on his visit to meet the princess of Hyrule something completely unexpected happens!
-Characters-

Link(The Hero)
Description: A young man who just came of age to train as part of the Royal Hylian Guard, but his first day isn't the average guard trainee's day.

Race: Hylian

Weapon of Choice: Sword

Zelda(The Princess)
Description: The young princess of Hyrule. Don't let her life of liesure fool you she can take care of herself.

Race: Hylian

Weapon of Choice: Bow and Arrow

Cedric(The Captain)
Description: The captain of the Royal Hylian Guard who took a personal interest in young Link.

Race: Hylian?

Weapon of Choice: Sword
-PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING-
Ok many of you have seen this game come and go, and that has been mostly because I was trying to do too many things at once, but now I am focusing on one project at a time starting first with Legend of Zelda: The Sage Knight.  As I began to work on the storyline of The Sage Knight I became more and more interested with the back story so I decided to once again rework the storyline and tell the story of the original Sage Knight. The setting is set 500 years before the events of the next installment which will be known as Return of the Sage Knight, but will not just be the old storyline. I am very excited and focused on this game this new storyline I have feels so much more like it will be great. I hope that you like it as well.
Check here or the website http://www.bludsoft.com/lozsk/index.htm for updates.
I have set release of Demo 1 on September 10, 2008.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 02:32:10 pm by Bludleef »

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft
Re: [WIP]Legend of Zelda: The Sage Knight
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 07:42:56 am »
  • I need something new to put here...
Sounds good, however, the background for the title makes it look like a vampire slaying game and not very zelda like, and shouldn't the captain be older than 16 years? I mean, wouldn't that mean it's Cedrics first year of training? and it'd take more than a year to become a guard captain.

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 01:57:32 am »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
Sounds good, however, the background for the title makes it look like a vampire slaying game and not very zelda like, and shouldn't the captain be older than 16 years? I mean, wouldn't that mean it's Cedrics first year of training? and it'd take more than a year to become a guard captain.
Yeah I am thinking of reworking the title and thanks for the catch on cedric that was a typo he is 26yrs old.

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 02:22:34 am »
Sounds interesting yeah I remember reading about this game a while ago :P, I am wondering will it be 2d or 3d?

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 06:19:20 am »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
Sounds interesting yeah I remember reading about this game a while ago :P, I am wondering will it be 2d or 3d?
2d it is a 2d rpg. Yes it is a Zelda RPG. XD

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 07:47:04 pm »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
Update new title screen see what you guys think.

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 04:55:45 am »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
A bit of an update.
I had a family emergency today with my mom so I didn't get to put the finishing touches on the demo therefore a small delay in release. I will try to get it out tomorrow, but no promises as my schedule is now iffy. I will have it released for sure by Saturday. Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. For now enjoy the attached custom game over screen.

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 01:11:48 pm »
  • b e p i s
A Zelda RPG definitely has the potential to be intriguing, but this story just doesn't sound very...Zelda-like. I dunno, just something about it is missing that lighthearted and sometimes silly spirit that even the most serious of the Zelda games have.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
Re: [DEMO]Legend of Zelda: The Sage Knight
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 06:24:45 am »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
A Zelda RPG definitely has the potential to be intriguing, but this story just doesn't sound very...Zelda-like. I dunno, just something about it is missing that lighthearted and sometimes silly spirit that even the most serious of the Zelda games have.
Trust me it isn't quite as serious as it seems.
Well anyways BIG UPDATE

Demo1 is here it is 10 days late, but it is still here. Download it try it, tell me what you think so far.

Click Here for Download!

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 10:21:10 am »
  • I need something new to put here...
I'm gonna have to go with Dantz here, this is not very Zelda-like. It's too dark and doesn't have that childish edge all Zeldas have, when his two friends die it really is the thing that stops it from being a Zelda, I reckon you should make this indie, just call it the sage knight, it would be better that way. Zelda games normally have a small farm boy or village kid who is different inside but on the outside seems completely regular. Then a tradgic event occurs and begins Link's quest to fufill his destiny. If you want it to become a regular zelda, with a new turn based gameplay, then scrap guard school, Link never really wants to become a royal guard, and normally the guards seem to be stuck up and ignore Link or just shove him around as a little kid. Link needs to be a child or teen who lives in a village, and then is thrown into a whirlpool of events when he just wants to be a farmer at peace.

Anyway, the Demo has some excellent gameplay and was fun, were you meant to defeat the stalfos though? Don't scrap this project altogether.

Also, Cedric should definetly be around 40 or 50, If he's captain of the guard he has to be old and very experienced and hardened, 10 years after enrolling in Guard academy would still have you slipping up often.

Migokalle

Rawr, mah kitteh is mhain!
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008, 10:47:19 am »
Meh, Zelda can be dark. Just like my game. I'm doing my best to make it the darkest Zelda ever. :3

Anyways, downloading demo now... I'll try it out right away :D
  • www.questcom.com
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2008, 11:25:52 am »
Nice demo, but those enemies might be a bit easy to beat. Even that Stalfos was easily defeated. 5 attacks was all it took.

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2008, 02:31:29 pm »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
I'm gonna have to go with Dantz here, this is not very Zelda-like. It's too dark and doesn't have that childish edge all Zeldas have, when his two friends die it really is the thing that stops it from being a Zelda, I reckon you should make this indie, just call it the sage knight, it would be better that way. Zelda games normally have a small farm boy or village kid who is different inside but on the outside seems completely regular. Then a tradgic event occurs and begins Link's quest to fufill his destiny. If you want it to become a regular zelda, with a new turn based gameplay, then scrap guard school, Link never really wants to become a royal guard, and normally the guards seem to be stuck up and ignore Link or just shove him around as a little kid. Link needs to be a child or teen who lives in a village, and then is thrown into a whirlpool of events when he just wants to be a farmer at peace.
Well they aren't exactly dead, but the storyline will get to that later. As for the guard thing it is a bit of a spin that fits within the world of The Sage Knight. The Sage Knight is kind of my ultimate Fan game it has my favorite bits of RPGs I have played put in there with the familiar Zelda Characters. 

Anyway, the Demo has some excellent gameplay and was fun, were you meant to defeat the stalfos though? Don't scrap this project altogether.
Thanks I don't plan on scrapping the project. I think after more of the storyline unfolds you all will see how it is a nice move for the Zelda series to the RPG format. Also, yes you are supposed to beat the stalfos. I did it by alternating using a skill then healing Link, but if you think I should I could make him easier I just thought as a test of power it should have some difficulty.

Also, Cedric should definetly be around 40 or 50, If he's captain of the guard he has to be old and very experienced and hardened, 10 years after enrolling in Guard academy would still have you slipping up often.
Well I guess I haven't explained it well in the profile, and I know I haven't even introduced it yet in the game, but it is a bit later in the storyline and I don't want to reveal too much so I will just say that Cedric looks 26years old(notice the question mark(s) in the profile) and leave it at that. If you want to know more PM me and I will discuss it with you, but I will not post it here.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 02:33:07 pm by Bludleef »

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2008, 05:26:16 am »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
I've added a support banner for any who might want to show their support.

Code: [Select]
[IMG]http://www.bludsoft.com/sigsadds/lozsksupport.png[/img]

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft

Vaati

Royal Assassin
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 03:53:42 am »
  • Royal Assassin
Did you really make those art drawings? Cuz I saw them a while ago on the web.

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2008, 02:18:05 pm »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.

No. I never claimed to have drawn those drawings they are some images I collected from an images search, and are most likely stand-ins until I take the time to sketch out ones of my own. Especially since the Cedric one isn't exactly how he should look, but it is close enough for now.

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft

Vaati

Royal Assassin
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 04:13:45 pm »
  • Royal Assassin

No. I never claimed to have drawn those drawings they are some images I collected from an images search, and are most likely stand-ins until I take the time to sketch out ones of my own. Especially since the Cedric one isn't exactly how he should look, but it is close enough for now.

Ah, but still you did a fine job in the fangame, I played the demo, it's an RPG.

Have you thought of making it an Action-RPG? You know, like the original Zelda games.
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2008, 09:04:13 pm »
Haha, what?

"Have you considered making it exactly like every other Zelda game?"

Vaati

Royal Assassin
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2008, 10:46:31 pm »
  • Royal Assassin
Haha, what?

I mean if he had though of making it like the other 2D Zelda games, where Link attacks in the instant
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2008, 12:12:48 am »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.287 seconds with 74 queries.