Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: I figured the Dragonball movie would be bad...  (Read 3326 times)

Re: I figured the Dragonball movie would be bad....
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2008, 11:09:27 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Frankly, I'm still looking forward to it.  Maybe that makes me an idealist, but it honestly looks perfectly fine.  Roshi is great, Goku is good, Bulma seems fine.  Piccolo is green, I'm sorry to tell you; it's pale, but there.  And the normal Piccolo green would've drowned out his acting.  The dragon ball itself looks good.. I don't know, I'm still very interested, and waiting for an awesome trailer. ;D
There is no green on that man. And makeup wouldn't take away from acting.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2008, 11:10:11 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Gawd, you guys are getting worked up over these tiny graphical details?

#1 The anime wasn't incredibly detailed anyway.

#2 It was goofy as hell.

Personally, I think it actually looks fairly good, and I'm quite confident they could make this work very well. Emphasis on could; they'll probably !@#$% it up anyway.

I realize that but I mean, how hard is it to follow character designs and basic features? :P Apparently real hard in Hollywood.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2008, 11:30:24 pm »
  • Your expression has changed too

#2 It was goofy as hell.

Personally, I think it actually looks fairly good, and I'm quite confident they could make this work very well. Emphasis on could; they'll probably !@#$% it up anyway.
I agree. I'm looking forward to seeing a new take on the Dragon Ball story. It's just a movie, it's not going to replace the anime/manga.
Ghoster Poster
  • I have a Twitter if you're into that kinda thing

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2008, 11:56:29 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
This movie is exactly why Japan is so xenophobic :P

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2008, 12:02:58 am »
  • :3
This movie is exactly why Japan is so xenophobic :P
QFT

Hollywood's just about selling a product. They take no pride in delivering something people will love. They deliver what they no will sell well. Case in point Piccolo. Instead of making him a green alien guru, somewhat obscure to someone who's never heard of Dragonball and completely unfamiliar with anime/manga in general, they try on the whole "bad-ass alien wearing black armour". Basically, Piccolo's role in this film wasn't obvious enough from his looks alone or just paying to see the damn film to find out. This is what Hollywood thinks of you America. They think you're that stupid that a green alien fighting humans isn't obviously a villain for you folks, and the rest of the world is becoming like this too. I hate Hollywood, I really do. Why did this even have to be made?
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2008, 05:02:14 pm »
I don't really care. Dragon Ball has never been a quality show, but since I grew up with it, I can't not see this movie. There's also a fair amount of talent behind the film, so I'm sure it'll be at least decent, if you can leave your fanboyism at the door.

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4468-1342-3783
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2008, 05:40:47 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything

#2 It was goofy as hell.

If you were a transformer's fan and they made a movie where Optimus Prime was black and gold and completely changed his design in favor of something that looks "badass" (as well as all the others) I'd think you'd be fairly annoyed as well =\

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2008, 05:55:13 pm »
  • *whistle*

#2 It was goofy as hell.

If you were a transformer's fan and they made a movie where Optimus Prime was black and gold and completely changed his design in favor of something that looks "badass" (as well as all the others) I'd think you'd be fairly annoyed as well =\

It's like you're actually accurately describing Michael Bay's film. Which wasn't all that bad really. :/

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2008, 06:10:57 pm »
  • :3

#2 It was goofy as hell.

It's like you're actually accurately describing Michael Bay's film. Which wasn't all that bad really. :/
Well Optimus Prime looks halfway decent, and Megatron actually looked amazing, they made him better. Piccolo, however, does not benefit from being completely bastardized and made inferior to his original self.
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2008, 06:20:23 pm »
  • *whistle*

#2 It was goofy as hell.

Well Optimus Prime looks halfway decent, and Megatron actually looked amazing, they made him better. Piccolo, however, does not benefit from being completely bastardized and made inferior to his original self.

But you haven't seen the film yet. I mean, you watch the Megatron/Optimus spoilers beforehand and you're just like "they're butchering my childhood!" Same deal goes for Piccolo here, but if you had a green, goofy looking Piccolo in the movie, it'd be so much harder to take seriously.

You don't know how it'll work within the context of the movie, and the movie makers could still surprise you. Wait and see.
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2008, 12:35:34 am »
  • Resident Bum
its obvious that piccolo is a terrorist.... and you cant have any of that in america...
and come on... who wants little green men? well maybe not little...

honestly though... this live action piccolo looks terrible.
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2008, 04:57:23 am »
  • Your expression has changed too
Just for comparisons sake, I'll post this photoshoped picture of what people thought live action Piccolo would look like years ago when Fox first announced they had the rights to make a Dragon Ball movie.

Ghoster Poster
  • I have a Twitter if you're into that kinda thing

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2008, 09:34:13 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I think everybody is forgetting that this is based off of Dragonball, and not Dragonball Z... The Piccolo in this movie is King Piccolo from the later half of Dragonball. There is no "Piccolo JR" or a good side, or anything along those lines.

That being said, they've probably decided to make the look of King Piccolo more distinct from good Piccolo should they make a sequel. I think it might be a good thing that he looks different.

I should also mention that if anyone remembers Fox's movie "Alien Resurrection", the Humalien was initially created with a giant vagina going up to it's chest, and in post production they digitally removed it. Piccolo may be yellow for the time being <_<... !@#$% he may not be green for the sake of greenscreening... and they'll change him in post production... We *don't know*.
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2008, 03:35:00 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
I think everybody is forgetting that this is based off of Dragonball, and not Dragonball Z... The Piccolo in this movie is King Piccolo from the later half of Dragonball. There is no "Piccolo JR" or a good side, or anything along those lines.

I know it's based off Dragonball, not Dragonball Z... which is why it's called "DRAGONBALL The Movie" not "DRAGONBALL Z The Movie" :P

Anyways, are they really using King Piccolo? Hmm, I guess that seems fair enough, though it still really doesn't look anything like him that much. He sure as hell didn't wear black armor. They got everyone else's costumes right... why not his? :( Too lazy to do the arms Hollywood?

Well either way... they better make him at least greener, then maybe he'd look more like King Piccolo/Piccolo. Right now he just looks like Dracula.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2008, 01:40:40 am »
  • The Mike
I don't think the movie would be too bad. I am a Dragonball fan. Piccolo should be green but not everything has to be the way it was/is. Though it does seem weird how Bulma won't have blue hair. :(

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2008, 03:35:07 pm »
I really like his shoulders in the black armor.  They fit in very well with Toriyama's style.
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2008, 08:50:27 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything

#2 It was goofy as hell.

It was just an example I made up off the top of my head with no relation to the movie, it was the easiest thing I could come up with haha.  Transformers wasn't a bad movie.  You probably misinterpreted what I was trying to say, so let me reword it.  What I meant was IF a transformers movie was made where the characters looked NOTHING like their original designs then the Transformers fans would be pissed.  Same for any movie based on something with a fan base like this, really.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 08:56:57 pm by MG-Zero »

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 69 queries.

anything