Projects > Other Projects

[COMPLETE] R.I.S.E - Robotic Interception Suit

<< < (2/3) > >>

LorentzChronon:

--- Quote from: Theforeshadower on March 23, 2017, 05:14:09 am ---
--- Quote from: LorentzChronon on March 23, 2017, 03:04:09 am ---
--- Quote from: Theforeshadower on March 23, 2017, 01:48:54 am ---No damage done, but a couple passwords changed.

--- End quote ---

I didn't even know you could password protect Game Maker games... interesting. So what's the password then to be able to play?

edit: I read the post and couldn't find it

--- End quote ---
No no.  Somehow a file was created(I can only assume from GMS) that contained my Git password and username.  It's since been fixed.  Lesson learned: don't try to use Yoyogames implementations of source control.

All playable releases are in the BIN folder of the git.  Link put back into original post.

--- End quote ---

Wow I can't believe the software does that and puts it in plaintext... Jesus

MG-Zero:
Welcome to yoyogames, where everything's made up and the security doesn't matter!

Theforeshadower:
Well, I actually did not find it.  Someone was humane enough to leave me a nice issue notfication about the file and to change my password and ssh.
They did not specify the file, so I had to dig around.

If you ever try to mess with GMS source control, look for a text file starting with SCI...
It contains your username and password in plain text form.  It doesn't explicitly state it is for Git but logic and all would dictate that it is.

I ended up just using Git UI and source control the folder manually.  It is a pain as our group can not work simultaneously but it functions and is free for everyone(source control in GMS is a "pro" feature).

Theforeshadower:
Update(somewhat big?)

If you check the BIN folder in the git, you can see we are up to a 05 debug release.
Quite a bit has been aded and fixed.  The game now has some nice counters for keeping track of score.

There is a highscores screen now.  The player can achieve a game over by allowing 5 missiles to go bye(nothing happens after the game over popup though).
Some placement art used for missiles.

Should be another big release by the end of tonight as we need to have a prototype ready to go by tomorrow(though, by their definition and by lab tech's definition, we already have a working prototype since I can 100% compile and run the game as an APK on every Android device I have tried so far.)

Theforeshadower:
HUGE UPDATE

Game is almost ready for BETA stage!  Make sure to check original post for where to download!

The game now goes through a complete life cycle IF you get a game over. 
There's only 2 waves coded with 12 missiles each, so plan accordingly to get a gameover(5 misses).
There is highscore name input should you get a highscore.
Bunch of bug fixes.
All missile types implemented for testing.
Health now displayed on HUD.
Bonus score screen between waves.

I am looking for ANY input to this project now.  Our group needs to collect data at this time for the project requirements.  We are looking for stuff like 0-5 how did you enjoy the different aspects(0 bad 5 best), things you would like improved, things that seem off(other than obvious programmer art),etc.

We have tried showcasing the game to various people in real life via APK and Android, but all we get is "you made this? this is cool" responses.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Go to full version