Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ouya (a new kind of vg console)  (Read 1779 times)

Ouya (a new kind of vg console)
« on: July 12, 2012, 01:15:31 am »
Re: Ouya (a new kind of vg console)
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 01:17:29 am »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
I Doubt it be suitable for what my buddies and I started a bit back. Looks like we'll be staying with the Pc, Mac, and 360 as our target platforms for that project.

But it is pretty cool.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 01:24:08 am by Shadow宇宙の神 »
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 01:37:33 am »
I don't really see the appeal. I can play a bunch of crappy phone games that I literally only touch when I'm taking a !@#$% or out somewhere and bored as hell?
The best game mentioned was Minecraft, and I bet even that is just gonna be the shitty phone version.

I can't believe this got over 3 million in two days.

If you really wanna play simple indie games on a TV, it's a lot cheaper and easier to just get an HDMI cable and hook your computer up and play that way. lol Or through the various other methods.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 01:40:15 am by Drewdelz »
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 01:42:32 am »
I don't really see the appeal. I can play a bunch of crappy phone games that I literally only touch when I'm taking a !@#$% or out somewhere and bored as hell?
The best game mentioned was Minecraft, and I bet even that is just gonna be the shitty phone version.

hah,you are right, but it seems that once it is released they expect to see people making games for the console only, that way their console will have more to offer than crappy phone games.
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 01:44:11 am »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
Unless nobody decides it's worth enough to develop console games for that system. :P

Malon

ZFGC's Pariah.
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 01:47:18 am »
  • "Mmmm...CHECK PLEASE!"

Thats not the point. The point is that it is basically a home game console for indie developers to develop. The whole point is that they're trying to bring games back to the TV, where they belong. Just imagine the infinite possibilities where small-time game developers can actually make a profit and have their game be shown, unlike the 360's horribly placed Indie games section.
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 01:52:46 am »
  • Yeah, I don't even...

Thats not the point. The point is that it is basically a home game console for indie developers to develop. The whole point is that they're trying to bring games back to the TV, where they belong. Just imagine the infinite possibilities where small-time game developers can actually make a profit and have their game be shown, unlike the 360's horribly placed Indie games section.
It's not like my friends would want to restart the , only to redo it on that. :P
Though I do prefer games to mostly be on the console platforms.
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 02:00:46 am »

anyone knows if games made for this can be played on the pc ?, hmm not sure if developers might prefer to use this than pc..
here is canabalt a game mentioned in the video:

http://adamatomic.com/canabalt/
(atleast the flash version)

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 02:04:45 am »
  • www.mouffers.com

anyone knows if games made for this can be played on the pc ?, hmm not sure if developers might prefer to use this than pc..
here is canabalt a game mentioned in the video:

http://adamatomic.com/canabalt/
(atleast the flash version)

I agree with Kren on this one. So far, from what I understand, the console will run on Android OS. So...it's limited to one OS...think about that one.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART

Malon

ZFGC's Pariah.
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 02:54:42 am »
  • "Mmmm...CHECK PLEASE!"
Well from what I've read, the OS is hackable as is the entire machine out of the box.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 57 queries.