Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Submission] Kokori Forest Layout  (Read 4386 times)

[Submission] Kokori Forest Layout
« on: October 14, 2015, 08:20:43 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Rough draft 1

So I think things are mostly clear, there's a couple points to elucidate though:

There's some ghosts. You have to hit them with your boomerang or else they'll mess with you when you try to go through the log tunnels, you'll go through one and come out a different one into the "room" you just tried to leave. Like Scooby Doo running through doors style. Ghost #1 you just hit with your boomerang, ghost #2 you have to climb the tree and go across a vine to hit him because he's higher up/will dodge lower boomerang tosses.

Which brings me to my second clarification, there's a couple places where you have to climb into a tree. Link climbs up the trunk like a ladder and disappears into the leaves, then can walk out onto the attached vine and tightrope walk across it into wherever it goes, into another tree or onto a tree stump nearby or whatever.

We should also put a few other climbable trees around where they don't have vines, but if you climb into them there's some rupees up there or something.

How's it look?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 04:15:04 am by Donotfeedthemax »
Re: [Submission] Kokori Forest Layout
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 02:54:54 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
It does look nice! But where is the temple? Is it at the top?
Eitherway, I like the way it looks and I will start working on it when I can.
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 04:19:22 am »
  • It's just Max.
Yeah, I figured that it'd be logical to have it at the top. I don't really care much for how I have the Kokori forest now. So if we wanted to rearrange it so that the ruins of the village were part of the temple, we could do that.

Also, I drew the Kokori houses like the walk-in-able trees because I didn't know what they should look like. But it'd be better if we made better houses.
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 03:09:03 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Yeah, I figured that it'd be logical to have it at the top. I don't really care much for how I have the Kokori forest now. So if we wanted to rearrange it so that the ruins of the village were part of the temple, we could do that.

Also, I drew the Kokori houses like the walk-in-able trees because I didn't know what they should look like. But it'd be better if we made better houses.

I have done some research and the temple is actually inside the decaying Deku tree?

Quote from: Wiki
The temple is in and around the decaying remains of the ancient Deku tree; enormous fungi grow up the sides of the rotten wood. He encounters the mischievous Kokori spirit Tilo, and despite/because of her assistance, finds his way to the boss, a monster growing amongst the root system of the great tree and responsible for the fungal growths throughout the swamp. Entering its lair, Link sees Maple thrown out into the forest by the monster. He engages it and wins, of course.
Is doesn´t specify that the village is mixed with the temple. So we can have the kokiri forest as one map and the temple on another map. but it can still have outside areas.

We can have that path on the top take to the area where the dead deku tree is (like in OoT).
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 03:13:41 pm by Spritonic »
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 03:58:26 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking with this draft. The wiki entry doesn't specify because I wrote that bit to leave the possibility of having the village worked into the temple, or not, depending on what we decide at this stage. It's up to us, whatever works better.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 44 queries.

anything