Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Great game or greatest game?

Greatest
Great
Sub-par
I'm an idiot

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars  (Read 2219 times)

Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars
« on: April 26, 2009, 07:08:29 pm »
I mean is this game amazing or what? I loved it when I was a kid and I still do! It's in my opinion the greatest game ever.

This is what happens when you combine Square and Nintendo. I mean aren't the Final Fantasy's on the Wii and DS !@#$% gold?!

Your thoughts?
Quote from: Source
Just wanted to let you know that Bilall has sent me about 6 PMs consisting of a ridiculous amount of these:

:jellytime:

Along with calling me a "mothafucka." Wait...ok, make that 7. Seriously, this guy needs to go.
Re: Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 07:41:05 pm »
  • w00t
It's the game that got me into RPGs, I'll admit.

Looking back on it now, it's not quite as amazing as I thought way back in the day, but it's still pretty darn good.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 08:41:52 pm »
  • :D
It's ugly as balls, but it still stands up to time pretty well.

Then again, you could just play Paper Mario, which is literally almost exactly the same (except prettier and... paper)
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 08:44:36 pm »

Then again, you could just play Paper Mario, which is literally almost exactly the same (except prettier and... paper)
I've actually never tried any paper mario games...
Just wanted to let you know that Bilall has sent me about 6 PMs consisting of a ridiculous amount of these:

Along with calling me a "mothafucka." Wait...ok, make that 7. Seriously, this guy needs to go.
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 08:51:45 pm »
  • :D

I've actually never tried any paper mario games...
Try the one on the N64, it's a blast: very similar (in storyline and mechanics) to SMRPG, but with some charming cutesy graphics, lots of upgrades, items, characters and secrets, etc.  It's one of my favorite games on the system. You can get it on the Wii Virtual console I think, and it's easy to find for emulation :)

I can't recommend Super Paper Mario on the Wii-- awful game that feels awesome for the first hour, boring for the rest. It's more of a spinoff than a sequel-- not really an RPG, more of a painfully easy Platformer/puzzler.

I haven't played the (real) Sequel(s?) to Paper Mario, like the Thousand Year Door, but I've heard pretty good things.

EDIT: Btw, I have no idea who you are and you don't have many posts, so I'm assuming you're new, so-- Welcome.  Also, great name: the gameboy pocket is my favorite gameboy :)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 08:54:46 pm by a Hint of Lime »
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 09:10:24 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
It's not the greatest game but it's a really great game, I love it.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 09:54:46 pm »
@Limey
I was planning on checking out the N64 as it would be the easiest to obtain. I've always heard it being called the "spiritual sequel" to Mario RPG.

And yes the gameboy pocket is the best gameboy. I got mine when I was 5 years old with Pokemon Blue. It was the first game/console I ever owned that wasn't my brothers or something.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 10:13:18 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
@Limey
I was planning on checking out the N64 as it would be the easiest to obtain. I've always heard it being called the "spiritual sequel" to Mario RPG.

And yes the gameboy pocket is the best gameboy. I got mine when I was 5 years old with Pokemon Blue. It was the first game/console I ever owned that wasn't my brothers or something.

I have yet to play any of the Paper Marios, but I can back my vote up on this poll on saying Super Mario RPG is a great game. It's quite awesome, and I sadly only played it recently, rather than while I was a kid.

LOL I got Pokemon Red, but not with a gameboy pocket. I had a real fat gameboy, and then got a gameboy color. As much as I want to go in depth about this, it's kind of off topic so I won't :P.

What really annoyed me about Mario RPG was like, the beginning fight against that stupid dinosaur with the hat.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2009, 11:09:27 pm »
@Limey

I have yet to play any of the Paper Marios, but I can back my vote up on this poll on saying Super Mario RPG is a great game. It's quite awesome, and I sadly only played it recently, rather than while I was a kid.

LOL I got Pokemon Red, but not with a gameboy pocket. I had a real fat gameboy, and then got a gameboy color. As much as I want to go in depth about this, it's kind of off topic so I won't :P.

What really annoyed me about Mario RPG was like, the beginning fight against that stupid dinosaur with the hat.
I used to always die at the beginning of the game against the Hammer Bro's. I would have to start the whole mother fu**ing game over cause of it!

I still loved the game though, and I used to call the Axem Ranger; Power Rangers <3

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 05:22:01 am »
  • w00t
Why would you have to start all over after the Hammer Bros?  There's at least two save points before you reach them, and you could always run back to your house to restore all your HP and FP right before the fight against them.  As long as you were level 2 or 3 before fighting them, they shouldn't have been a problem at all.

On the other hand, it took me until my 2nd run through the game to realize that pressing A next to the light in your house turns it out and puts you to sleep. 
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 05:26:10 am »
Why would you have to start all over after the Hammer Bros?  There's at least two save points before you reach them, and you could always run back to your house to restore all your HP and FP right before the fight against them.  As long as you were level 2 or 3 before fighting them, they shouldn't have been a problem at all.

On the other hand, it took me until my 2nd run through the game to realize that pressing A next to the light in your house turns it out and puts you to sleep. 
By all over I meant the from the last save. I don't know how I lost those battles I mean I literally leveled for like an hour before fighting them.

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 06:34:59 pm »
  • w00t
I guess if you didn't use any special attacks whatsoever, it might be difficult, but really they're rather vulnerable to both Jump and Fire Orb.  Just hit both of them once before killing one, so that when the other raises its defense you can still one-shot him.

Croco and Mack were the only real trouble spots for me when I first played the game.  Oh, and the Axem Rangers I suppose.

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2009, 03:02:31 am »
How do you think I learned how to read? Books?

This was my first RPG, and this game taught me how to read.

Yep, I'm a freak.

Manly men don't sass. Manly men get in FIGHTS! Fist fights using manly fists!
  • JetDesigns

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2009, 03:33:09 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I never really liked this game at all :\...

I remember playing it a ton in 7th grade, but I only ever played it because it irritated me that my friends were talking about a game that I didn't have <_<;; So I borrowed it and clocked it... Still dislike it.
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2009, 04:52:14 pm »
Meh, it's ok.

I was never able to beat johnny the shark dude. I've been meaning to start it over again, but nah.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 87 queries.