Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Best RPG Series  (Read 9200 times)

Re: Best RPG Series
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2008, 10:41:01 pm »
I think 9 and 10 look the most interesting out of all the 3D Final Fantasies. I haven't played either of them though.
They're both balls, and 7 and 8 are just crap.

VII is a perfectly fine game, it just has a horrible fanbase and a shitty film based on it called Advent Children. That's the main reason people hate it. Or if you're Swiftu, you just copy what you see from /v/ (<3 you buddy)

VIII is a wonderfully cinematic and beautiful game...up until Disc 3. THEN it sucks.
Advent Children wasn't that bad.
Yeah, the fighting was really cool.
So give me you're code and add mine:
Code: 4296-2644-3642

Sorry guys.  I just don't have the time anymore for the CP.  Working two jobs and just having a couple hours to play my Wii and continue learning programming just is not leaving me free time to focus on the CP.  I feel that it's my obligation to step aside as Level Director.  It's just a time issue.  Since I am also a global mod that also takes some of my focus from the CP.  So, it's nothing against anybody or what not, I'm just out of time anymore it seems.  Sorry again.
wtf, i remember posts that used to have content explaining reasons rather than ways to get rises out of users with a youtube video and no reason as to why!

How to post maturely:
epic intolerance, I caught aids from the stupidity in your post

why not issue everyone 5 opinion tokens for each year, if they voice their opinion without presenting a token- they can be legally murdered
Make sure every post you make is mature like these two (and there's many more). You just can't beat ZFGC's friendliness and maturity!
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2008, 10:44:48 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
I didn't like FF7 but I did like Advent Children...   But maybe that's just because of sexy characters like Reno, Kadaj, and Yazoo.

<3
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2008, 11:03:50 pm »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
I think 9 and 10 look the most interesting out of all the 3D Final Fantasies. I haven't played either of them though.

VII is a perfectly fine game, it just has a horrible fanbase and a shitty film based on it called Advent Children. That's the main reason people hate it. Or if you're Swiftu, you just copy what you see from /v/ (<3 you buddy)

VIII is a wonderfully cinematic and beautiful game...up until Disc 3. THEN it sucks.
Advent Children wasn't that bad.
Yeah, the fighting was really cool.
The fighting was pretty dumb especially how they were like jumping super high and the part where Cloud and Tifa were floating high in the ground talking for a little bit, before throwing Cloud higher.
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2008, 11:06:48 pm »
Paper Mario 2 is the only good RPG.

O_O oh god, those are an abomination to RPGs... Every... single... one of them... >_<

How so?  Super Paper Mario wasn't so good aside from its story, but the other two are just fine.  They aren't your typical RPGs, which makes them good.

It's the fact that they were designed and marketed to small children in Japan that makes them abominations :P Westerners seem to eat it up, and they just laugh it off because the gaijin adults are playing with their children toys :P

I don't quite understand.  They were abominations because they were meant for kids, just like any other video game out there?

Yup, like Halo 3, Grand Theft Auto, etc etc etc :P

But in all seriousness, the difference is that "Paper Mario" was in development as "Mario RPG for Small Children"; the entire series (sans Mario RPG itself) was meant for children between the ages of 3 and 5.
It's Super !@#$% Mario. Seriously.

That logic for why a game is bad doesn't make any sense.

As far as a "series" goes, I'm going to say Super Nintendo RPGs. Any direct RPG series ruins itself. But SNES RPGs are godly.
  • Google Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2008, 11:08:21 pm »
Tales, lunar, breath of fire.

Only played suikoden 2, so I don't know about the rest of the series, but that one kicked ass.
We may be human. But we're still animals.
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2008, 11:30:29 pm »
  • I murder your toys as well

To be honest, I found VII to be just average. I think the only reason it was so popular is because all the 13 Year old Boys got hardons for Cloud and Sephiroth.

Final Fantasy X is the best FF, by far. Think otherwise? You're wrong.

This user is on indefinite hiatus.
  • Facebook - Jeremy Elliott

gm112

« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2008, 04:25:59 am »
Hands down the best RPG is Terranigma. The music can be a bit repetitive in the dungeons, but the game is overall... epic.
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2008, 04:37:10 am »
Hands down:Final Fantasy

Best series in general? Either Metal Gear Solid or Resident Evil uncontested IMO
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2008, 04:49:03 am »

To be honest, I found VII to be just average. I think the only reason it was so popular is because all the 13 Year old Boys got hardons for Cloud and Sephiroth.

FF10 was stupid. FFT and 6 were hands down the best.
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2008, 04:52:22 am »
Hands down the best RPG is Terranigma. The music can be a bit repetitive in the dungeons, but the game is overall... epic.

I must agree, the music is repetitive but the story is awesome and the sidequest are alot.

Erm I would also say Super Mario RPG The Legend of the Seven Stars, childish game but the story and the jokes are really good for example the Axem Rangers, and some Boss battles are epic like Qulex, also Chrono Trigger but I know it has been mentioned before.
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2008, 06:04:09 am »

That's just a single game though, not a series.  It is part of a series technically, (the Soul Blazer series), which I already mentioned, but you only mentioned the one game.  It is an awesome game though...
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]

gm112

« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2008, 06:07:04 am »

That's just a single game though, not a series.  It is part of a series technically, (the Soul Blazer series), which I already mentioned, but you only mentioned the one game.  It is an awesome game though...
Oh, whoops! I mistook the topic name.. Well, I guess I'll rephrase my post then :). My most favorite RPG series has to be the Tales of series. Namco puts forth a lot of effort in their games. I love em :P. Oh, and I don't want no LOL WEEABOO crap because it really doesn't matter. I don't limit myself to just western stuff(not that I'm saying it's bad, I actually like generally everything) since even the eastern world has good stuff.

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2008, 06:09:17 am »
  • Bitte Scheiße

No. NO. You did not just insult one of the best FF games.
FFX was perfect work of art, but FFX2 was dumb.
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
  • Surrender Global Forums

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2008, 08:42:21 am »

No. NO. You did not just insult one of the best FF games.
FFX was perfect work of art, but FFX2 was dumb.

NO UR DUM

FF10 was a big yawner.
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2008, 09:29:15 am »
I've only resently rediscovered how much of a gem FFT was.  I emu it on my laptop and can't get enough of it!  I am even doing a 1-man playthrough!
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2008, 11:26:00 am »
  • I murder your toys as well
NO UR DUM

FF10 was a big yawner.

Just because they didn't carry twenty-foot swords or hair that defies gravity doesn't make it a "big yawner". I guess you aren't looking for a bit of maturity in your games.

This user is on indefinite hiatus.
  • Facebook - Jeremy Elliott

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2008, 06:04:40 pm »
  • b e p i s
NO UR DUM

FF10 was a big yawner.

Just because they didn't carry twenty-foot swords or hair that defies gravity doesn't make it a "big yawner". I guess you aren't looking for a bit of maturity in your games.

The linear nature of the game is what really turned me off.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2008, 06:24:36 pm »
The linear nature of the game is what really turned me off.
This. While I won't argue that Final Fantasy isn't linear in general, it just seemed as this one was far, far too linear. I can't really get into the game.
  • Google Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2008, 07:00:44 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
FFX was ALRIGHT at best, in my opinion.

I played up till about... that path with the Chocobo eater, where you get to the inn or whatever.

From what I played, I didn't really like it all that much, everything was just too... Japanese for me.

The voices, the looks, etc. (Although, Rikku ftw)

I think the voice acting was pretty bad, but I guess you couldn't expect much, I mean it was the first FF game with voices.

Anything after Final Fantasy IX, is poop.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2008, 02:07:35 am »
  • Bitte Scheiße
Linear?
Maybe, but so? Does everthing have to be like Mass Effect to keep you on?

FFX is the greatest song in the world FF game ever. Well, maybe except for one of the FF7 games.

Why not we debate KH?
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
  • Surrender Global Forums
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 78 queries.

anything