Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Gameboys & Pokemon officially "in".  (Read 5992 times)

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
Re: Gameboys & Pokemon officially "in".
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2008, 05:32:06 pm »
  • Things to see and people to do.
I really should reignite this in my dorm. :D

We've begun playing Age of Empires II here again. We have several huge LANS per week of 6 or more players in a game. It's funny how an RTS from 1999 has still never been surpassed.

Back when we all had laptops, my friends and I would do pretty much the same thing in Red Alert 2.

"You jacked my base, you !@#$%!" - Me when my base was taken over by an engineer
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2008, 05:44:29 pm »

We've begun playing Age of Empires II here again. We have several huge LANS per week of 6 or more players in a game. It's funny how an RTS from 1999 has still never been surpassed.

Starcraft walks into the room, punches AoE2 in the balls, has sex with his wife, and says hi
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2008, 05:59:21 pm »

Starcraft walks into the room, punches AoE2 in the balls, has sex with his wife, and says hi

AoE 2 = Fun, Starcraft = not

Not that i play RTS games anymore.

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2008, 06:12:15 pm »
I never played AoE, but god damn Starcraft is awesome. Warcraft II as well.  Maybe I should give it a shot some time.

Anyway, I can't imagine something like this happening with my circle of friends.  Back in 6th grade I was a closet pokemon player in a way.  I didn't hide it, but I didn't ever bring it up either.  None of my friends at the time had any interest in it so I never really had the opportunity to talk about it.  It's the same now really, none of my friends are willing to play anything besides FPSs or sport games.  I couldn't get anyone to even TRY Super Mario Galaxy, which is just sad.

Anyway, at my local mall they used to have card tournaments once and a while that I'd participate in.  I think I won a few times actually, but I'm not sure...  Do any of you remember when Burger King had pokemon toys with their kids' meals and would have a weekly "pokemon night"?  I used to go to that also.
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2008, 06:34:49 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
AoE2 will forever beat Starcraft DOWN. But WarCraft 2 is stil the best RTS ever.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2008, 09:47:26 pm »
I feel out of place now....  I never got into the Pokemon craze...  I got into Digimon, instead...
*sigh* To have that again...
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2008, 10:18:56 pm »
  • w00t
I emulate Red on my DS but that's about it.  I still need to finish it actually. 

I never owned an actual Pokemon cartridge since I didn't get a Game Boy until the GBA came out and had lost interest in Pokemon by that point.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2008, 10:21:37 pm »

AoE 2 = Fun, Starcraft = not

Not that i play RTS games anymore.

If you think slow as !@#$% base building is "fun".

Not my cup of tea.

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2008, 10:52:33 pm »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women

AoE2 ftw!! Omg I want to be in your dorm... Ours just has this group of Super Smash Bros addicts and if you try to get in their game you get a "!@#$% you go away" >.< But I remember some friends of mine last year when I was in High School brought in their GBC's with Pokemon and reignited the craze among the band room (I was amazed though... someone had a Mew... I still want one *pout*)
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2008, 12:02:01 am »
  • b e p i s
If you think slow as !@#$% base building is "fun".

Not my cup of tea.

You say slow as !@#$% base building, I say extreme preparation for epic, tactical combat. StarCraft is a great game though, no doubt.

AoE2 ftw!! Omg I want to be in your dorm... Ours just has this group of Super Smash Bros addicts and if you try to get in their game you get a "!@#$% you go away" >.<

Haha! We're all Smash Brothers players here (and Mario Kart!), but we are very friendly. Sometimes we get so into it people from other floors are attracted to the noise, and come to join us.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2008, 12:41:43 am »
Lolz I still play Pokemon all the time. It's amazing, but the save battery on my blue version still hasn't died. I think the clock battery on my gold version though is almost toast =\
I made a thing! Please try the thing, it's what the kids are calling a "vidja game" for the iOS Splashy Bucket
  • Fictitious Spoon Productions
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2008, 03:07:50 am »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
I wish people around here were interested in gaming.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2008, 06:23:56 am »
  • Silly cat!
Oh, and just so you guys know...

My Nidoran♂'s nickname is "Source" n____n.

Hoffy.
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2008, 06:25:48 am »
  • Your expression has changed too
Gold & Silver > Red & Blue

Fact.
Ghoster Poster
  • I have a Twitter if you're into that kinda thing

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2008, 06:29:51 am »
  • Silly cat!
Gold & Silver > Red & Blue

Fact.
I don't disagree, but I love Red and Blue too.

I don't like Yellow though. It's a shame I'm stuck with it.

Hoffy.
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2008, 12:46:51 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
I also think the originals are better, but the Advance generation is even better than that. I luuuuurve Leaf Green, and Emerald. Too bad I can't play them fully on an emulator, 'cause after you beat the Elite Four there's no way to save your progress. *cries* I wanna go to the Battle Frontier.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 12:49:52 pm by Sharon »
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2008, 01:08:15 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
I also think the originals are better, but the Advance generation is even better than that. I luuuuurve Leaf Green, and Emerald. Too bad I can't play them fully on an emulator, 'cause after you beat the Elite Four there's no way to save your progress. *cries* I wanna go to the Battle Frontier.

lolwut.

I've saved after the Elite Four and I've been to the Battle Frontier in an emulator :P
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2008, 05:15:16 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君

lolwut.

I've saved after the Elite Four and I've been to the Battle Frontier in an emulator :P

Howww? My ROM says the "internal battery" is dead, so it won't save...
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2008, 06:51:44 pm »

lolwut.

Howww? My ROM says the "internal battery" is dead, so it won't save...
Visual Boy Advance save states, or screw around with the save types until you find the right one.

[insert some dude who googled the answer and Sharon getting hot over him while I kill myself quietly]
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2008, 09:25:23 pm »
I loved these originals... I spent so much time on trying various cracks/cheats. This was back in my non technical days, I constantly hunted for Mew(back when the theories were to talk to guy x 500 times, then go to place A, etc...), I did as many as I could, cause back then games had secrets like that, not these !@#$% ant acheivements, god I hate those... they're worthless. But yeah, I believed that mew was in the game, pokeGods(I sooo wanted that to be real, if i could do a ROM heck, i'd add it in there *shakes fist*)... i had the no clip thing from the game shark, so i'd explore what I could.... good times...
Intel P4 3.2 GHZ
2.5GB SDRAM DDR400
350GB SATA
ATI RADEON HD 2600PRO 512MB
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 Z
Windows XP SP2

Current Projects: None.
- Trask
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 77 queries.