Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [C++/SFML] Zelda Game Tutorial Series  (Read 5869 times)

[C++/SFML] Zelda Game Tutorial Series
« on: June 03, 2011, 12:03:14 am »
  • Minalien
In this (in-progress) tutorial series, I cover the creation of a basic Legend of Zelda fan game using C++ and SFML. The tutorial series covers the creation of the project within a Windows and OS X environment using Visual C++ 2010 and XCode 4, respectively.

Tutorial Directory: http://minalien.com/category/tutorials/sfml-zelda/
GitHUB URL: https://github.com/Minalien/SFML-Zelda

Tutorial 1: Introduction & Setup
Tutorial 2A: Project Setup In Visual C++ 2010
Tutorial 2B: Project Setup In XCode 4 (In Progress)

More to Come

(Excerpt from series introduction)
Welcome to my newest tutorial series: SFML Zelda. Throughout this tutorial series, we will be building a two-dimensional Legend of Zelda fan game. Before we begin, I want to say what this tutorial is and is not. The tutorial is a basic game programming tutorial, written with C++ and the SFML 1.6 game library. The series is not covering advanced game engine development techniques. There are many things that I will cover in this tutorial that are better handled by other means, and I encourage you to look for other resources and expand your knowledge.

The first tutorial is up, and I'm going to have 2A up by the end of the night. I'm planning on giving a basic breakdown of the system design and basic game concept in Tutorial 3, and then we will begin building the project in earnest. Tutorial 2A covers the creation and configuration of the project, and then builds a small SFML sample upon which we can test the SFML framework (which, in the case of the Visual C++ build must be rebuilt for the libraries to work properly).

Edit: Tutorial 2A is up. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 12:52:05 am by Minalien »
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
Re: [C++/SFML] Zelda Game Tutorial Series
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 02:40:36 pm »
  • Minalien
Looks like my internet access is a bit limited in the barracks I'm in during these next couple of weeks, so this is going to have to be put on hold until my return.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 39 queries.