Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ocarina of Time is no longer "The Highest Rated Game of All Time"  (Read 6900 times)

uma

Re: Ocarina of Time is no longer "The Highest Ra...
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2007, 05:35:21 am »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
I've gotten 49 stars in Galaxy so far, and I must say that it is tons better than most Zelda games, maybe even better than TWW.  Plus, it was much more worth it to spend a cent on this than it was to spend full price for the lame port that TP was.  Maybe that's because Mario games typically focus more on gameplay than LoZ games do, but I think that's not the only problem when talking about TP.  TP didn't bring anything really new to the series, unlike Galaxy, which brought the whole issue of gravity above other things.

I could say it better myself! If only Zelda games could have gameplay as fun as a Mario game... WW came close though.
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2007, 07:38:54 am »
  • Silly cat!
...to be honest...other games are better.
To me Gear of Wars could beat both Mario and Zelda Games easily...seriously, having fans since a long time helps, doesn't?
Because you know, short games that get old quickly and require little tactics and only rely on great graphics are a lot better.

But seriously, Gears of War is great :D. Just kind of shallow.

Hoffy.
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2007, 01:27:11 pm »
  • 笑い男
i'm sure someones said it
but galaxy's been out for a tiny amount of time compared to oot, so it's not really that fair to compare them yet :P
(and wtf am i doing on some stupid forum when i could be playing that game now?! D:)

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2007, 08:17:39 pm »
  • :3
I have all 120 stars, and I can safely say it's an incredible game. The desert Galaxy has a star you have to get inside a HUGE tower to get, and then it starts sinking while you're upside down (I assume). It's an epic level. And the reward for getting all 120 stars? Find out yourself, it's too good to spoil.

At first, I admit I didn't have a lot of faith in this game, but as I went back to levels and found there was lots more to them, I really started to see why it's so damn good.

XD 120 stars...
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2007, 10:01:07 pm »
  • n___n
I have all 120 stars, and I can safely say it's an incredible game. The desert Galaxy has a star you have to get inside a HUGE tower to get, and then it starts sinking while you're upside down (I assume). It's an epic level. And the reward for getting all 120 stars? Find out yourself, it's too good to spoil.

At first, I admit I didn't have a lot of faith in this game, but as I went back to levels and found there was lots more to them, I really started to see why it's so damn good.

XD 120 stars...

Spoiler: You get to go back and play through the whole game as Luigi (with typical luigi skills; faster moving, different jump)

Mod Edit: Watch out for spoilers.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 10:22:49 pm by Ricky »
yo yo yo

araknid_kid@yahoo.com = email and MSN
HellsExecutionR = AIM
araknidude = XBox Live gamertag

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2007, 10:20:07 pm »
Oh great thanks for spoiling the game for everyone who hasn't got 120 stars yet in a !@#$% non-spoiler thread, !@#$%!
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2007, 10:34:44 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
I think in actuality it impossible to compare these two games as theyre different genres, and meant to give the gamer different experieces. But out of the two, Id say my favourite was ocarina.
And i loved the sailing in windwaker, i loved just stopping and exploring a new island or whatever else i found. I just bloody hate tingle.
Oh and Hoffy, Gears of War is awesome too.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2007, 03:27:16 pm »
  • n___n
Well, I define spoiler as a major plot point or device that is revealed without the viewers discretion. It would have been a spoiler if I explained what happened after the last boss battle. However, just saying what happens when you reach a certain number of collectibles isn't really a spoiler.
yo yo yo

HellsExecutionR = AIM

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2007, 03:36:52 pm »
Well, I define spoiler as a major plot point or device that is revealed without the viewers discretion. It would have been a spoiler if I explained what happened after the last boss battle. However, just saying what happens when you reach a certain number of collectibles isn't really a spoiler.

1. It's Mario Galaxy- one of the most anticipated games of the decade.
2. You've ruined its most awesome secret.
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2007, 04:20:18 pm »

The man is correct, that is a spoiler. I have no lost the drive to work and get all the stars.
 :-\

« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2007, 05:35:10 pm »
  • n___n

The man is correct, that is a spoiler. I have no lost the drive to work and get all the stars.

Well, that sounds like a personal problem. You know what happens after sexing a woman for any period of time? Orgasm, right? O NO, SPOILER! Now I don't want to have sex.

It's like, knowing you unlock a gun in Half Life 2 after you reach a certain part of a game, BEFORE you reach it, you don't want to unlock it? Retarded.

Anyways, alot of gaming sites already revealed the Galaxy secret. How do you think I found out about it? And no, there was no spoiler warning.

Besides, what's been said has been said. If you read the spoiler, then SUCKS TO BE YOU! Can't do anything about it now.
yo yo yo

HellsExecutionR = AIM
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2007, 05:37:27 pm »

Well, that sounds like a personal problem. You know what happens after sexing a woman for any period of time? Orgasm, right? O NO, SPOILER! Now I don't want to have sex.

It's like, knowing you unlock a gun in Half Life 2 after you reach a certain part of a game, BEFORE you reach it, you don't want to unlock it? Retarded.

Anyways, alot of gaming sites already revealed the Galaxy secret. How do you think I found out about it? And no, there was no spoiler warning.

Besides, what's been said has been said. If you read the spoiler, then SUCKS TO BE YOU! Can't do anything about it now.

Or maybe, you know. The fun part of the game THE STORY is the reason people play through the game?

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2007, 06:20:44 pm »

Or maybe, you know. The fun part of the game THE STORY is the reason people play through the game?

Well seeing as Mario games, and this one, have about the same amount of story as Wii Sports, the actual fun part of the game is, you know, GETTING ALL THE STARS.
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2007, 10:01:35 pm »
  • w00t
Both sides, quit it.  Araknid, please be more considerate about potentially spoiling game secrets, and the rest of you stop hounding him about it and get back on-topic.

Plzkthxbai.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2007, 10:18:49 pm »

Well seeing as Mario games, and this one, have about the same amount of story as Wii Sports, the actual fun part of the game is, you know, GETTING ALL THE STARS.

Maybe you dont appreciate the story, but others may do.

Both sides, quit it.  Araknid, please be more considerate about potentially spoiling game secrets, and the rest of you stop hounding him about it and get back on-topic.

Plzkthxbai.

Fair enough. Im glad Ocarina got back to number 1, although galaxay is awesome. all Zelda games, espeicaly OoT, have a special something about them, which to me, makes them the best.

« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2007, 10:25:40 pm »

Plzkthxbai.

Fair enough. Im glad Ocarina got back to number 1, although galaxay is awesome. all Zelda games, espeicaly OoT, have a special something about them, which to me, makes them the best.

In all honesty, There needs to be a game more deserving in Number 1. Like Portal, or Psychonauts, actually no

Pony Friends!
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2007, 11:03:57 pm »
  • w00t
Hey man, don't dis the pony friends.  They're my only true friends!!! *sob*
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2007, 11:11:59 pm »
Hey man, don't dis the pony friends.  They're my only true friends!!! *sob*

:O I so was not disin that game. !@#$% Pony Friends is the greatest game ever. I cued up for it man.

uma

« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2007, 11:48:00 pm »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.

In all honesty, There needs to be a game more deserving in Number 1. Like Portal, or Psychonauts, actually no

Pony Friends!
[/quote]

Don't forget Urban Yeti!  XD
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2007, 05:42:19 am »
that gameranking site is garbage...none of these games can even be compared for whats better, they do not have an equal number of reviews!

OoT is number 1 based on only 31 reviews, thats trash, if someone chose not to review it, then thats the same as giving a 0, OoT should be at the bottom. (statistically speaking, as i do love that game, or did... i could never go back and play it again)

MGS snake eater has only 91% but thats based on over 350 reviews, this site is flawed, and Galaxy is good, not great, i found it to be super easy
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.251 seconds with 75 queries.