Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't create new topic in Other WIP  (Read 4646 times)

Can't create new topic in Other WIP
« on: November 12, 2010, 10:07:40 pm »
So yeah, I can't create a new topic in Other WIP. The button just isn't there.
Re: Can't create new topic in Other WIP
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 10:19:50 pm »
That is because you need to create a topic in the Projects section of the site. Then automatically a topic will be created.
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 10:20:43 pm »
That is because you need to create a topic in the Projects section of the site. Then automatically a topic will be created.
So it's a update to a really old project. Should I create a new topic in projects for it?
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 10:29:10 pm »
It is as Niek says, being able to post in the Zelda WIP, Other WIP, Completed, and Sponsored board is off limits because at least for Zelda WIP, Other WIP, and Completed when a project is made for that on the site a topic is then automatically created on the forum. I do not understand the juxtaposition of your first and second posts. The first makes mention of how you cannot create a new topic, where as the second one calls into question the idea of wanting to create a new topic on the basis that the new topic is just an update to an old project.

Edit: Never mind, I saw you figured that out. It would probably be for the best to sometime include mention of how stuff isn't directly able to be posted the boards; like in the rules, notification topic, or board description.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 10:33:59 pm by 4Sword »
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 10:38:21 pm »
Yeah, sorry. Anyway I created a project for my...uhh..project (lol) so now things are good.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 05:02:21 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
I'm sorry for constantly complaining, but this is probably the dumbest "feature" ever. It isn't user-friendly at all... Making a topic about your game is now 3+ clicks away. Logically, if you have a game to post, you're going to go to the WIP forum, or completed forum. Then you're gonna not see a button. Then after looking around you're going to notice you have to go to projects (mouse over+click) click on whatever category you want (click) click on submit new project (click), when before it was as simple as starting a new topic. I don't get what it is with sites fixing what isn't broken. Youtube, Facebook, and Twitter have been doing this a lot lately too. Submitting to the projects DB should be optional. This new feature basically made the WIP/Completed forums pointless. Why not just eradicate them, since there is now a list of the games this forum is working on?

Again, I apologize.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 05:06:23 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Could probably be easily solved by replacing the "new topic" buttons with "new project" buttons that auto-fill certain form fields imo
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 04:10:18 pm »
I had previously recommended that topics be posted/stickied in those boards so people are aware why they can't post topics. Once you understand how it works there is actually less click depth required.  This isn't about fixing things, it's more about increasing project visibility and making it easier for end users to find and keep updated on projects they're interested in as well as allowing for easier integration into the site's features.  The reason for it posting to the forum is that I want to keep the discussion on the forum, not have it fragmented over the site, if it's all in one place then it's less likely to be missed.
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 04:23:22 pm »
I just modified the board descriptions of Zelda WIP, Other WIP, and Completed to include an instruction on how to add a project, I figure that posting another stickied topic would decrease the amount of project topics in the board. Actually now that I think about it, the number of active projects is low enough to where having another stickied topic wouldn't have a noticeable adverse affect. I will probably go through and just create additional topics; the method I used of changing the board descriptions might be informative, but it also might create a situation where the rules aren't read.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 56 queries.