Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Username modification?(I guess this goes here............)  (Read 1970 times)

Username modification?(I guess this goes here......
« on: October 15, 2006, 11:10:46 pm »
Would it be in anyway permissable to get my username modified to "ZoSo" instead of "zoso_111"?
I'm not exactly sure if I should be contacting a mod(?) or an admin. At anyrate it'd be nice.........
Re: Username modification?(I guess this goes her...
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 11:16:48 pm »
I did not see anyway to do it, but I think you are supposed to PM an Administrator.  I do not think that they like to do it, but Hyperhal might, not sure about Andrew.
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 12:24:17 am »
Sorry, my intentions were not to lock this, so I'm not sure how it happened.

Needless to say I am currently unsure of what the policy is on nickname changes, though I have done it for a few people in the past. Right now (pending a request in PM right now). I am going to discuss the matter with Hal and he, or I will give the result on the matter. I feel its unfair to restrict people the ability to change their user names, however it could be very problematic. I think if a user requests it, it should be granted on denied on some sort of basis.

Again, sorry for the lock, I was meaning to answer the question. :)
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 01:36:55 am »
  • Huzzowee!
The way I did it was to only let people make subtle cosmetic changes to their names. That way if they want something small like a capital letter or maybe a certain character, they could get it. I never liked full-out name changes though. The main reason for that being that I could never keep track of who's who after a while... it's very confusing sometimes.
"They say 'Don't sweat the little things!', but in the end, the little things are all that matter..."
--Alex2539
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 01:44:22 am »
The way I did it was to only let people make subtle cosmetic changes to their names. That way if they want something small like a capital letter or maybe a certain character, they could get it. I never liked full-out name changes though. The main reason for that being that I could never keep track of who's who after a while... it's very confusing sometimes.

I agree, I think in the case of both requests that were made to me today they seem to be just quick name fixes. As I said I think name changes  should be fine, but need to be approved/denied. (much like 'HostServ' works on IRC).
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 01:48:15 am »
ooooops, I locked this because I planning on sending a PM.......>_> <_<
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 01:52:37 am »
  • Huzzowee!

I agree, I think in the case of both requests that were made to me today they seem to be just quick name fixes. As I said I think name changes  should be fine, but need to be approved/denied. (much like 'HostServ' works on IRC).
Until it's "approved" or whatever, isn't there just a "Display Name" field that you can edit? It keeps the login name the same but what's shown is whatever the person wants.
"They say 'Don't sweat the little things!', but in the end, the little things are all that matter..."
--Alex2539
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 02:00:58 am »

Until it's "approved" or whatever, isn't there just a "Display Name" field that you can edit? It keeps the login name the same but what's shown is whatever the person wants.

Any name changes would be changes to the display name not the physical user name.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.638 seconds with 54 queries.

anything