Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [3DS patch v0.8.65] Tri Force Heroes - Purple Link  (Read 7604 times)

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
[3DS patch v0.8.65] Tri Force Heroes - Purple Li...
« on: June 08, 2017, 10:30:04 pm »
  • With a Capital G
Hello again, everyone. It's been a spell since we last got together. Today I bring to you:

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes - Purple Link restoration project
A working 3DS game patch that brings our beloved Vio back into the fold!

Using this patch requires:
1) A 3DS with Custom Firmware and the ability to install .CIA files
2) A decrypted .CIA copy of the Tri Force Heroes V2.1.0 update (US version only), a free update which can easily be dumped if you have Custom Firmware, or found on a warez site.

Download: TFH_Purple_RomFS_v0.8.65.rar (27.4 MB)
This archive contains the files and instructions to decompile, modify, rebuild, and reinstall the V2.1.0 update with Purple Link taking Green Link's place.

Current patch version: 0.8.65
There are still some remnants of Green Link, which will eventually (hopefully) be patched out. See the included README.txt for more info. Requests for custom Miiverse stamps are also being taken.

Additional screenshots:
Show content

Important Note!
In late May, Nintendo dropped a worldwide banhammer on modified 3DS systems, preventing them from playing online. After some community sleuthing, the theory is that Nintendo checked their server records for systems that had used software with unauthorised Title IDs (16-digit hexadecimal numbers) while connected to the Nintendo Network. So, a future ban can be avoided by always turning off wireless communications while using unauthorised software and clearing your Activity Log before signing in. See https://gbatemp.net/threads/regarding-the-recent-3ds-banwave.471781/this GBATemp thread for more info.

This patch can safely be used online, provided that you erase any traces of actually installing it. It uses the normal Title ID and doesn't modify any code that affects gameplay. The modified textures/colours are only seen on the user's side, so anybody you meet online will see Green Link as usual.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 12:42:36 am by Goodnight »

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
Re: [3DS patch v0.8.2] Tri Force Heroes - Purple...
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 03:07:12 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Purple is the best color. I am totally down for restoring the purple community with this Link.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 09:21:57 pm »
  • With a Capital G
Purple is the best color. I am totally down for restoring the purple community with this Link.

THE best. It's really fun to play with, too! As you may know, my surname IRL pretty much means "the purple" in some weird language, so this was a must.

If anybody's having trouble compiling this patch, PM me and I'll help.

If anybody wants to help me with updating, that'd be great! I'm trying to look into BFLYT and BFLAN files, two proprietary formats Nintendo uses for UI's / Layouts, but Tri Force Heroes uses a weird hybrid of the 3DS and Wii U versions of the files.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 09:31:52 pm by Goodnight »

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 09:14:02 pm »
  • With a Capital G
So, I've been wondering if anybody has actually used this patch.

Anyway this is just a little bump to mention that it's been updated a couple times, most recently to v0.8.5 on June 24. It looks like I've patched everything I possibly can without getting some major help from the mod community. There are even a couple things that I've changed to purple but haven't yet figured out how to actually insert them into the patch. Find me (HelpTheWretched) on GBAtemp if you want more info on what's going on!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 09:15:50 pm by Goodnight »
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 05:12:43 pm »
  • Personal Saucier
It's a bit too risky for me to give it a try, but I appreciate the effort and still will watch the progress from the thread.

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2017, 10:25:17 pm »
  • With a Capital G
It's a bit too risky for me to give it a try, but I appreciate the effort and still will watch the progress from the thread.
Yeah I understand... they just had to do a banwave as 3DS modding was getting easy and feature-rich. Thanks for the comment/support anyway!

Added a minor update to the patch, with a new link on MEGA.nz.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.245 seconds with 50 queries.