Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Those who still think we should be in Iraq  (Read 2262 times)

Those who still think we should be in Iraq
« on: May 12, 2007, 01:59:20 am »

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
Re: Those who still think we should be in Iraq
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 05:09:39 am »
nb4 possum and weasel. HAH!

Also, (to add contentlol to this post) how will we keep functioning as a country when most of our money is borrowed?
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 01:36:53 pm »
Isn't that just a counter that keeps going up? I don't think Iraq really costs more every millisecond. Probably just to scare people.
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 01:58:08 pm »
Isn't that just a counter that keeps going up?
It is! that website is just made by people who are against the war in Iraq. And they will do anything to make it look bad to get support.
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 02:07:03 pm »
As if this website would suddenly and dramatically change my opinion on the war.  All wars cost money and financial support for a war should be looked at as good and not bad.  What, you want us to win a war on one hundred dollars?  Get real, modern wars cost money, especially with enemies that hide and are not defined well.  Besides, it would cost more with Gundams, so this is not all that bad.  For a war that has gone on for a long time, there is obviously going to be a large amount of money poured into it.

Making a website that goes up like that only affects the weak-minded.
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2007, 02:12:54 pm »
As if this website would suddenly and dramatically change my opinion on the war.  All wars cost money and financial support for a war should be looked at as good and not bad.  What, you want us to win a war on one hundred dollars?  Get real, modern wars cost money, especially with enemies that hide and are not defined well.  Besides, it would cost more with Gundams, so this is not all that bad.  For a war that has gone on for a long time, there is obviously going to be a large amount of money poured into it.

Making a website that goes up like that only affects the weak-minded.
I totaly agree! also they're only pointing at the War in Iraq but how about the NASA? They waste millions/ billions of dollars for crap in space!

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2007, 02:29:21 pm »
  • b e p i s
nb4 possum and weasel. HAH!

Also, (to add contentlol to this post) how will we keep functioning as a country when most of our money is borrowed?

Eh, more like nb4 weasel. At least Possum's opinions are grounded in reality.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2007, 02:32:11 pm »
http://scoop.epluribusmedia.org/story/2007/5/3/121615/6522
even Iraq thinks we shouldn't be in Iraq.

invade the countries from which the money was borrowed, they probably can't afford a war with us borrowin' all thar money :d.

Ghost

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2007, 03:13:07 pm »
Some people don't realize this, but the war is over. The only reason that our troops are still over there is that we are trying to set up the democracy we have in America. Our government is trying to help the Iraqi's by giving them the same government as us.
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2007, 03:16:07 pm »
I read that whole thing and the only real thing that I saw from that was that a lot of the sources were questionable.  The previous husband of Jane Fonda only makes that more clear; the whole site seems loaded with left-wing "facts and figures".  Of course they do not want us there, but that is only because they see us there as a continuation of the violence.  All of that violence is provoked by those who do not want us there or is us attacking terrorists.  If they do not want us there, then maybe they should stop fighting.  The only disagreement between sides is the withdrawl which everyone agrees on; the only conflict is when and how to do it. 

And about functioning without money: deficit spending.  It has been going on for a long time, and according to your thinking, we should be non-functioning by now.  However, it has been quite the opposite.

Some people don't realize this, but the war is over. The only reason that our troops are still over there is that we are trying to set up the democracy we have in America. Our government is trying to help the Iraqi's by giving them the same government as us.
I agree with what you just said.
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2007, 04:52:56 pm »
We shouldn't be there at all. The terrorists are only there because we are. But its mostly a civil war, and we are trying to get involved, because we *need* the oil.
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2007, 05:21:11 pm »
Oh, we should not be there at all?  I hope our taxes get increased so the government can finance the building of a time machine so we can go back and fix our mistake.  Making dumb statements like that only make you look stupid.  Just like anyone who looks back at something, analyzes it, and then makes the "better" decision.  The decision was already made.  Quit living in the past.  We are there now, and saying that we should not have been only makes you look dumb.

The terrorists are only there because we are?  We took out a dictator and then the government had to be built up to prevent anarchy.  We had to be there to fix it.  The terrorists are there out of a religious prejudice towards the western world and for their own interests.

Oooh, there are plenty of other sources of oil in the world.  We always could go into ANWR, but liberal environmentalists do not want that.   

Busternaut

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2007, 05:38:24 pm »
I think Bush is stupid for even going there in the first place...It makes me even more happy i'm not american.
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2007, 05:45:57 pm »
Oh, now Bush is stupid for going there.  Again, all you half-wits think that you have every right in the world to judge something that was a past event.  Let us look at all the facts now and then criticize the actions of those in the past.  It is not like Bush was the only one who wanted to go to Iraq.  There were many more. 

And Regulus, how does one person makes you happy to not be an American?  I think that you are just jealous or ignorant of the world. 

Busternaut

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2007, 06:00:54 pm »
Why would i be jealous it's not like they are Italy or someplace that i'd be jealous of...but i'm a Canadian which means i shouldn't be jealous cause i'm in the best country possible.
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2007, 06:10:05 pm »
If I insulted Canada how would you feel?  I might think that Canada is a pretty shitty country, but that does not mean I base my perceptions on every Canadian on one of its citizens.  I am not saying that America is the best country, but I think that you should at least rethink your opinion on it because you do not know fully what you are talking about.   

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2007, 06:15:24 pm »
  • b e p i s
I really agree with 4Sword, you need to learn more about what you're debating before you jump into it instead of hopping on the "America sucks" bandwagon.

This is coming from a proud moderate liberal who is against the War in Iraq.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2007, 06:34:08 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
We are supposedly trying to pull out the soldiers at the moment...
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2007, 06:37:19 pm »
Wow, guess who's not listed in the pull down menu?

American Samoa.

So we're a US territory... oh wait.. guess who has lost the most men per capita... Oh American Samoa.. guess who has a not sufficient education system due to most of the teachers being reservists..

I wish people would give more respect to the territories when discussing things about Iraq, when the territories are always flat ass ignored.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2007, 06:41:22 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
Actually, as someone who's interested in economics, did you know that the deficit actually promotes growth?

I know it's odd, especially with so much of the debt being domestic (meaning it's owed to our own citizens with bonds, etc.), but it's really very interesting to see how it increases trade, and so forth.

We shouldn't be there at all. The terrorists are only there because we are. But its mostly a civil war, and we are trying to get involved, because we *need* the oil.
Right... Al Queida had no previous base into Iraq until we entered. (That was sarcasm, if you can't pick up onto that, either.)

I'll actually admit (OMG) that the war in Iraq was poorly planned and could not have been won in a reasonable amount of time, simply because there wasn't the means to do so (securing the border? only in a dream world... too bad Syria's as porous as a sponge-- should we have taken in ground troops? LOL).  All the same, I was for it.  Yes, there have been bad things, I think the alternative was worse, but no one's arguing whether Iraq's being handled well.  Because it's been awful.

[EDIT]

USA sux, olol.

It is not like Bush was the only one who wanted to go to Iraq.  There were many more.
Did you know that Rumsfeld gave a memo that wanted to somehow connect the events of 9/11 to Saddam Hussein... the day after 9/11?  I think it's interesting.  Obviously Bush was a political pawn for the neo-conservatives.  In the process, he's becoming one of them.  I say good on him, good on them.  (That being said, it should be noted Bush never said that Saddam was responsible for 9/11, because he never said that-- it would be categorically false.)

Just one more thing: since Bboy seems to want to talk a lot about oil (without knowing much about it), Bush actually planned to pay for part of the war with oil... so you can tell it was a very early part of the planning-process, it was obviously a factor.  But why wouldn't/shouldn't it be? ;)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 06:54:09 pm by 2awesome4apossum »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 76 queries.

anything