Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Nintendo Officially Worth More than Sony Corp.  (Read 7033 times)

Re: Nintendo Officially Worth More than Sony Cor...
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2007, 10:17:19 pm »
Nintendo is awesome. Really, what else is there to say.

^.^ Indeed.
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2007, 11:42:44 pm »
This awesome news must hurt for the Sony fangirls here!
Troll.
What you tried to say was that I hurted your feelings, because you knew I was talking about you. ;)
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2007, 12:11:53 am »
Troll.
What you tried to say was that I hurted your feelings, because you knew I was talking about you. ;)

his not a Sony fanboy if he also appreciates and plays Nintendo games. Then he's just a good person who doesn't ignorantly worship a good game production company whilst neglecting all other good game production companies.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2007, 12:16:29 am »
Troll.

his not a Sony fanboy if he also appreciates and plays Nintendo games. Then he's just a good person who doesn't ignorantly worship a good game production company whilst neglecting all other good game production companies.
Well I don't ignore what you like to call "other good game production companies" I only ignore what I like to call "Bad game production companies" like Sony.  8)
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2007, 05:08:35 am »
Troll.

Well I don't ignore what you like to call "other good game production companies" I only ignore what I like to call "Bad game production companies" like Sony.  8)

You know, I have a lot of reasons why I severely dislike you. Your horrible attitude is pretty damn high on the list. But your arrogance has got to be number one. Have you even given their games a chance? Have you ever played ICO, Shadows of the Colossus, God of War, or any games licensed or produced by Sony? Have you ever sat down and really given them a good chance? Or did you merely denounce them because they're your holy Nintendo's competition.

Although I loathe you to no end, I also pity you. Whether you agree or not (and believe me, I'm sure you don't), you're missing out on a lot of wonderful games. Not all of them are masterpieces like Zelda. But there are several amazing titles on the Playstation, Playstation 2, XBox, and XBox 360. It's a pity that anyone would miss out on them, and it makes me sick to know that anyone would willingly do so.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2007, 09:45:16 am »
Troll.

You know, I have a lot of reasons why I severely dislike you. Your horrible attitude is pretty damn high on the list. But your arrogance has got to be number one. Have you even given their games a chance? Have you ever played ICO, Shadows of the Colossus, God of War, or any games licensed or produced by Sony? Have you ever sat down and really given them a good chance? Or did you merely denounce them because they're your holy Nintendo's competition.

Although I loathe you to no end, I also pity you. Whether you agree or not (and believe me, I'm sure you don't), you're missing out on a lot of wonderful games. Not all of them are masterpieces like Zelda. But there are several amazing titles on the Playstation, Playstation 2, XBox, and XBox 360. It's a pity that anyone would miss out on them, and it makes me sick to know that anyone would willingly do so.

I have owned a PS1 and a PS2 plus I had allot games for those 2 consoles. I've played all the games you just named. And I agree that those games are really good! I sold my PS1 and PS2 later and bought a GameCube. And the Nintendo Games I played on it really touched me! I don't know how Nintendo does it. But they create games I really love and I don't see these games on any other console. I Also bought a few months ago a Xbox because I wanted to play games like Halo I & II, GTA 3 + GTA Vice city, and GTA San Andreas, Brothers in Arms, etc! I've allot fun with those games on the Xbox and I had fun with most games on the PS1 and PS2! But I never had so much fun compared to most Nintendo games.
And I'm planning to buy an Xbox 360 for some games(Halo 3, GOW, GRAW, etc). So you can't call me a ignorant Nintendo fanboy. I know damn well what other game creating companies can offer. But for me Nintendo is the best choice. They're not !@#$%'s like Sony who keeps creating the same !@#$% over and over. But they dare to be original and is not a copy cat like Sony.

Dascu

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2007, 09:57:56 am »
But for me Nintendo is the best choice. They're not !@#$%'s like Sony who keeps creating the same !@#$% over and over. But they dare to be original and is not a copy cat like Sony.

Nintendo is the damn king of rehashes, spin-offs and series that barely change.

For the rest of your post, I think you're lying. I can't believe you played all those games and still continue to bash Sony like it's the root of all evil.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 10:02:22 am by Dascu »
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2007, 03:15:13 pm »
But for me Nintendo is the best choice. They're not !@#$%'s like Sony who keeps creating the same !@#$% over and over. But they dare to be original and is not a copy cat like Sony.

For the rest of your post, I think you're lying. I can't believe you played all those games and still continue to bash Sony like it's the root of all evil.

I don't give a !@#$% if you believe me or not.

Dascu

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2007, 03:16:39 pm »

You obviously care enough to post your reaction.

Regardless, let's get back on topic, shall we? With all this money, I wonder if Nintendo will broaden its business. Anime studios, perhaps?
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2007, 04:17:44 pm »
  • *whistle*
I saw this about thirty minutes ago. But it's only in Japan, right?

Actually, it's the value of the company itself. If shares for Nintendo are only floated in Japan - which I assume they are, so that Nintendo retains control over all of its subsidaries (such as Nintendo of America, Nintendo of Europe, etc) - then that is the total value of the firm, in all countries in the world.

mit

« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2007, 09:35:57 pm »
  • QBASIC programmer since age 4. Take that, world.
I have an original NEW controller from the eighties which is so used, the rubbery pad behind the buttons has worn away and barely holds together. It'd be nice to end this statement with "and it still works" except I've no idea if it does, I took it apart to turn into a PC controller and gave up half way through.
Programmer / Spriter / Level designer / Game Director / Web Designer / Music Sequencer for
Random Highscore table:

Play the Kousou Arcade today!
  • Kousou Games
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2007, 09:55:56 pm »
  • *whistle*
I saw this about thirty minutes ago. But it's only in Japan, right?

Actually, it's the value of the company itself. If shares for Nintendo are only floated in Japan - which I assume they are, so that Nintendo retains control over all of its subsidaries (such as Nintendo of America, Nintendo of Europe, etc) - then that is the total value of the firm, in all countries in the world.

Which means this comparison isn't fair then. We're comparing the whole of Nintendo worldwide with Sony's branch in one country? That's totally unfair. Journalists sure have a way of presenting facts in a way that will get their point across without us noticing that things aren't quite as they appear.

Again, if Sony's only floated in Japan - which would make sense, since they wouldn't want to lose control of their subsidaries - then that would represent their ENTIRE value.

Then again, if the companies instead only owned a majority share of their subsidaries, the value of the "head" company - the Japanese branch in both cases - would encompass the value of the share owned in the subsidary companies.

Does that make ANY sense at all? :P
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2007, 04:29:49 am »
So you can't call me a ignorant Nintendo fanboy. I know damn well what other game creating companies can offer. But for me Nintendo is the best choice. They're not !@#$%'s like Sony who keeps creating the same !@#$% over and over. But they dare to be original and is not a copy cat like Sony.

Wait a second. What was that last part?

They're not !@#$%'s like Sony who keeps creating the same !@#$% over and over.

Ok, let's take a quick look at the Legend of Zelda series, arguably Nintendo's most popular and profitable series.

In the first game, you go on a quest throughout the overworld and a number of dungeons, collecting each item by beating the boss at the end of the dungeon, all so you can defeat the evil Ganon and save the Princess Zelda.

Now, let's look at Link to the Past, another big hit. You go on a quest throughout the overworld and a number of dungeons, collecting each item by beating the boss at the end of the dungeon, so you can defeat the evil Ganon and save the Princess Zelda. Except this time, there's a dark world and a master sword.

Let's glance at Ocarina of Time, the most popular Zelda game of all time. Quest, overworld, dungeons, bosses, items, Ganon, Zelda, master sword. No dark world, but now there's an ocarina.

How about Twilight Princess? Quest, overworld, dungeons, bosses, items, Ganon, Zelda, Master Sword, dark world. No ocarina, but you can become a wolf.

You're right, Nintendo does not keep "creating the same !@#$% over and over." They dare to be "original."

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2007, 05:15:28 pm »
I think he meant the same things outside of a series, which with a lot of shooters is the case (not neccasarily Sony). Having four games alike in a 14 game series, isn't too bad. Not to mention you are simply looking at the overall formula. Shooters on the other hand (again, its not limited to company) do repeat, a lot. Not neccasarily exact copies, but with one or two things changed, like the guns, or the enviroments, the story, etc.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2007, 07:24:36 pm »
  • b e p i s

Right, just like you don't give a !@#$% that I'm laughing at your internet tough-guy attitude and your usage of ad-hominems and curse words to make yourself sound cooler.

The point is, you shouldn't care so strongly about things like this, and you do. Therefore you fail. Enjoy your AIDS.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2007, 07:29:25 pm »
Sony don't go that original, because then they start to make Gimmicks, such as the Wii, Biggest gimmick ever, thats not a games console. And i refuse to acknowledge it as one.
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2007, 02:30:13 am »
Sony don't go that original, because then they start to make Gimmicks, such as the Wii, Biggest gimmick ever, thats not a games console. And i refuse to acknowledge it as one.
>_> Really. <_< Well. Um. You do that. If you refuse to acknowlegde it as a game system, what exactly is it? You can not like it, you can think it pointless. But, really. What is it then?
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2007, 03:12:09 am »
  • :D
I think he meant the same things outside of a series, which with a lot of shooters is the case (not neccasarily Sony). Having four games alike in a 14 game series, isn't too bad. Not to mention you are simply looking at the overall formula. Shooters on the other hand (again, its not limited to company) do repeat, a lot. Not neccasarily exact copies, but with one or two things changed, like the guns, or the enviroments, the story, etc.

I would say that changing the environment or story is a pretty big change.  Also, since when did the ps2 that many shooters?  The ps2 had a lot of damn good games, shooters or not.  You can't judge a system based only on bad games, the ps2 had some of the best games of last generation. (katamari, resident evil 4, shadow of the colossus, xenosaga, ico, katamari 2, kingdom hearts, kingdom hearts 2, ff10, ff12, sly cooper series, ratchet and clank series, jack + daxter series, bully, gta series, I could go on and on)

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2007, 10:16:38 am »
>_> Really. <_< Well. Um. You do that. If you refuse to acknowlegde it as a game system, what exactly is it? You can not like it, you can think it pointless. But, really. What is it then?
Its an interactive DVD disc reader?
Seriously, its an attempt to be innovative that just went way to far.

(katamari, resident evil 4, shadow of the colossus, xenosaga, ico, katamari 2, kingdom hearts, kingdom hearts 2, ff10, ff12, sly cooper series, ratchet and clank series, jack + daxter series, bully, gta series, I could go on and on)

<3 Ratchet and Clank.
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2007, 10:40:46 pm »
So you can't call me a ignorant Nintendo fanboy. I know damn well what other game creating companies can offer. But for me Nintendo is the best choice. They're not !@#$%'s like Sony who keeps creating the same !@#$% over and over. But they dare to be original and is not a copy cat like Sony.

Wait a second. What was that last part?

They're not !@#$%'s like Sony who keeps creating the same !@#$% over and over.

Ok, let's take a quick look at the Legend of Zelda series, arguably Nintendo's most popular and profitable series.

In the first game, you go on a quest throughout the overworld and a number of dungeons, collecting each item by beating the boss at the end of the dungeon, all so you can defeat the evil Ganon and save the Princess Zelda.

Now, let's look at Link to the Past, another big hit. You go on a quest throughout the overworld and a number of dungeons, collecting each item by beating the boss at the end of the dungeon, so you can defeat the evil Ganon and save the Princess Zelda. Except this time, there's a dark world and a master sword.

Let's glance at Ocarina of Time, the most popular Zelda game of all time. Quest, overworld, dungeons, bosses, items, Ganon, Zelda, master sword. No dark world, but now there's an ocarina.

How about Twilight Princess? Quest, overworld, dungeons, bosses, items, Ganon, Zelda, Master Sword, dark world. No ocarina, but you can become a wolf.

You're right, Nintendo does not keep "creating the same !@#$% over and over." They dare to be "original."

lol.  You must not be an LoZ fan, then, if you think that those are the only games, and if you don't know that both OoT and TP are the most unoirginal games in the series.  There are others like The Wind Waker that are much etter and more creative, story-wise or not.

As for the one who said the Wii isn't a gaming system simply because you get to have a lot more fun with it than past gaming systems, you can never make something too innovative or new.  If something gets old or boring, I'll stop doing whatever I have to do with it.  I wouldn't have wanted to be playing a NES 5 instead of a Wii.  That would have s*****.  In order for video games to evolve, new, crazy things have to be done with them and experimented on.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 10:43:54 pm by Eater »
- Click to go to thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 75 queries.

anything