Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nintendo Officially Worth More than Sony Corp.  (Read 7034 times)

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
Re: Nintendo Officially Worth More than Sony Cor...
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2007, 07:24:36 pm »
  • b e p i s
But for me Nintendo is the best choice. They're not !@#$%'s like Sony who keeps creating the same !@#$% over and over. But they dare to be original and is not a copy cat like Sony.

Nintendo is the damn king of rehashes, spin-offs and series that barely change.

For the rest of your post, I think you're lying. I can't believe you played all those games and still continue to bash Sony like it's the root of all evil.

I don't give a !@#$% if you believe me or not.

Right, just like you don't give a !@#$% that I'm laughing at your internet tough-guy attitude and your usage of ad-hominems and curse words to make yourself sound cooler.

The point is, you shouldn't care so strongly about things like this, and you do. Therefore you fail. Enjoy your AIDS.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2007, 07:29:25 pm »
But for me Nintendo is the best choice. They're not !@#$%'s like Sony who keeps creating the same !@#$% over and over. But they dare to be original and is not a copy cat like Sony.
Sony don't go that original, because then they start to make Gimmicks, such as the Wii, Biggest gimmick ever, thats not a games console. And i refuse to acknowledge it as one.
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2007, 02:30:13 am »
Sony don't go that original, because then they start to make Gimmicks, such as the Wii, Biggest gimmick ever, thats not a games console. And i refuse to acknowledge it as one.
>_> Really. <_< Well. Um. You do that. If you refuse to acknowlegde it as a game system, what exactly is it? You can not like it, you can think it pointless. But, really. What is it then?
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2007, 03:12:09 am »
  • :D
I think he meant the same things outside of a series, which with a lot of shooters is the case (not neccasarily Sony). Having four games alike in a 14 game series, isn't too bad. Not to mention you are simply looking at the overall formula. Shooters on the other hand (again, its not limited to company) do repeat, a lot. Not neccasarily exact copies, but with one or two things changed, like the guns, or the enviroments, the story, etc.

I would say that changing the environment or story is a pretty big change.  Also, since when did the ps2 that many shooters?  The ps2 had a lot of damn good games, shooters or not.  You can't judge a system based only on bad games, the ps2 had some of the best games of last generation. (katamari, resident evil 4, shadow of the colossus, xenosaga, ico, katamari 2, kingdom hearts, kingdom hearts 2, ff10, ff12, sly cooper series, ratchet and clank series, jack + daxter series, bully, gta series, I could go on and on)

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2007, 10:16:38 am »
>_> Really. <_< Well. Um. You do that. If you refuse to acknowlegde it as a game system, what exactly is it? You can not like it, you can think it pointless. But, really. What is it then?
Its an interactive DVD disc reader?
Seriously, its an attempt to be innovative that just went way to far.

(katamari, resident evil 4, shadow of the colossus, xenosaga, ico, katamari 2, kingdom hearts, kingdom hearts 2, ff10, ff12, sly cooper series, ratchet and clank series, jack + daxter series, bully, gta series, I could go on and on)

<3 Ratchet and Clank.
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2007, 10:40:46 pm »
So you can't call me a ignorant Nintendo fanboy. I know damn well what other game creating companies can offer. But for me Nintendo is the best choice. They're not !@#$%'s like Sony who keeps creating the same !@#$% over and over. But they dare to be original and is not a copy cat like Sony.

Wait a second. What was that last part?

They're not !@#$%'s like Sony who keeps creating the same !@#$% over and over.

Ok, let's take a quick look at the Legend of Zelda series, arguably Nintendo's most popular and profitable series.

In the first game, you go on a quest throughout the overworld and a number of dungeons, collecting each item by beating the boss at the end of the dungeon, all so you can defeat the evil Ganon and save the Princess Zelda.

Now, let's look at Link to the Past, another big hit. You go on a quest throughout the overworld and a number of dungeons, collecting each item by beating the boss at the end of the dungeon, so you can defeat the evil Ganon and save the Princess Zelda. Except this time, there's a dark world and a master sword.

Let's glance at Ocarina of Time, the most popular Zelda game of all time. Quest, overworld, dungeons, bosses, items, Ganon, Zelda, master sword. No dark world, but now there's an ocarina.

How about Twilight Princess? Quest, overworld, dungeons, bosses, items, Ganon, Zelda, Master Sword, dark world. No ocarina, but you can become a wolf.

You're right, Nintendo does not keep "creating the same !@#$% over and over." They dare to be "original."

lol.  You must not be an LoZ fan, then, if you think that those are the only games, and if you don't know that both OoT and TP are the most unoirginal games in the series.  There are others like The Wind Waker that are much etter and more creative, story-wise or not.

As for the one who said the Wii isn't a gaming system simply because you get to have a lot more fun with it than past gaming systems, you can never make something too innovative or new.  If something gets old or boring, I'll stop doing whatever I have to do with it.  I wouldn't have wanted to be playing a NES 5 instead of a Wii.  That would have s*****.  In order for video games to evolve, new, crazy things have to be done with them and experimented on.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 10:43:54 pm by Eater »
- Click to go to thread
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2007, 11:07:24 pm »
As for the one who said the Wii isn't a gaming system simply because you get to have a lot more fun with it than past gaming systems, you can never make something too innovative or new.  If something gets old or boring, I'll stop doing whatever I have to do with it.  I wouldn't have wanted to be playing a NES 5 instead of a Wii.  That would have s*****.  In order for video games to evolve, new, crazy things have to be done with them and experimented on.

Because you get to have a lot more fun?

You call waving your arms around like some drunken !@#$% fun? Wow, World is ending pretty fast. What ever happened to the day when you can just pick up a console controller and play a game. Why do we now have to get used to the sensitivity of the controller, why do all consoles have to jump towards wireless controllers as well? Hows that convenient? Heres a situation to illustrate my point;

You've got school/work in an hour, your ready to go, but its only 5 minutes away, so you go over to your Wii to play it for a bit, just to bide some time.
Turn it on blah blah blah, get into the game. Now then the wiimote is motion sensitive so where ever you pint it goes, sounds line an easy concept, until put into practice, as you begin to find it hard in a short time for your brain to adapt to such a concept, something that will take a bit of getting used too. Of course then the batteries die in your wiimote, put them on charge then. Got no other batteries... great... cant play it now

Video Games Consoles shouldn't just be made for Extreme Gamers, they should also be customed to casual gamers, The wii is not. Secondly, Wireless controllers although a lot less annoying then Motion sensor, is still pretty annoying.

lol.  You must not be an LoZ fan, then, if you think that those are the only games, and if you don't know that both OoT and TP are the most unoirginal games in the series.  There are others like The Wind Waker that are much etter and more creative, story-wise or not.

And ok, for TWW I'll continue his logic;

Ok, let's take a quick look at the Legend of Zelda series, arguably Nintendo's most popular and profitable series.

In the first game, you go on a quest throughout the overworld and a number of dungeons, collecting each item by beating the boss at the end of the dungeon, all so you can defeat the evil Ganon and save the Princess Zelda.

Now, let's look at Link to the Past, another big hit. You go on a quest throughout the overworld and a number of dungeons, collecting each item by beating the boss at the end of the dungeon, so you can defeat the evil Ganon and save the Princess Zelda. Except this time, there's a dark world and a master sword.

Let's glance at Ocarina of Time, the most popular Zelda game of all time. Quest, overworld, dungeons, bosses, items, Ganon, Zelda, master sword. No dark world, but now there's an ocarina.

How about Twilight Princess? Quest, overworld, dungeons, bosses, items, Ganon, Zelda, Master Sword, dark world. No ocarina, but you can become a wolf.

The Wind Waker, Quest, Underwater World (different to the overworld but same concept), Dungeons, Bosses, Items, Ganon, Zelda, Master Sword, No Darkworld, No Ocarine, No Wolfy but  a boat.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 10:30:07 am by bertfallen »
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2007, 04:46:24 am »
I am actually a huge Zelda fan. The Legend of Zelda is what got me into Adventure games way back when, and since then I've played every official North American Zelda release and have completed each one except for the Adventure of Link and Wind Waker (I just didn't feel like collecting the triforce pieces when I have less tedious games to play, and very little time). I've been an avid Zelda fan since I was four or five years old. My point is that they all follow the same general formula, and actually do very little to mix it up. I was making this point to disprove Hyrule_Boy's statement that "They're [(Nintendo)] not !@#$%'s like Sony who keeps creating the same !@#$% over and over" by illustrating that they do recreate the same general game over and over, and have been for decades. And you know what? I've enjoyed every single one of them.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2007, 01:58:34 am »
I think he meant the same things outside of a series, which with a lot of shooters is the case (not neccasarily Sony). Having four games alike in a 14 game series, isn't too bad. Not to mention you are simply looking at the overall formula. Shooters on the other hand (again, its not limited to company) do repeat, a lot. Not neccasarily exact copies, but with one or two things changed, like the guns, or the enviroments, the story, etc.

I would say that changing the environment or story is a pretty big change.  Also, since when did the ps2 that many shooters?  The ps2 had a lot of damn good games, shooters or not.  You can't judge a system based only on bad games, the ps2 had some of the best games of last generation. (katamari, resident evil 4, shadow of the colossus, xenosaga, ico, katamari 2, kingdom hearts, kingdom hearts 2, ff10, ff12, sly cooper series, ratchet and clank series, jack + daxter series, bully, gta series, I could go on and on)

::) I never said they were bad. Also, you picked some of the most original. But there are a lot more shooters than that.

Dascu

« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2007, 08:50:58 am »
You know Bertfallen, your anti-Wii rant is full of !@#$%.

Video Games Consoles shouldn't just be made for Extreme Gamers, they should also be customed to casual gamers, The wii is not. Secondly, Wireless controllers although a lot less annoying then Motion sensor, is still pretty annoying.
Wii isn't for casual gamers? What the hell? You're too stupid to use a Wii remote? Have you even played WiiSports? It's like the accessible game in the world. The Wii is THE casual machine. It's the perfect console to pass 30 mins playing some Wii sports. You don't have to wave your arms around like a maniac (though it's pretty fun and I find myself jumping up and down during a tough Wii Tennis match).

And that battery thing. That's an argument now? Wireless controllers are very practical. Battery life? Battery life lasts long enough. You can check how much is left in the Wiimote by the click of a button. Handhelds have batteries. They work fine.

You call waving your arms around like some drunken !@#$% fun?
...Yeah. It is fun. That's why sports are fun. That's why toys for kids are fun. That's why stuff like EyeToy and SingStar are fun. That's why being drunk is fun. Looking like an idiot is actually one of the funnest things ever, and Nintendo took advantage of this.

Have you even played the Wii? I mean, really. I was sceptic and thought WiiSports would be silly and stupid. Then I played and fell in love with it. There's a special kind of satisfaction you get from jumping and waving your arm around just to score that one point in Tennis. It's the satisfaction you get from doing real sports. It's awesome.
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2007, 11:11:41 am »
You know Bertfallen, your anti-Wii rant is full of !@#$%.

Wii isn't for casual gamers? What the hell? You're too stupid to use a Wii remote? Have you even played WiiSports? It's like the accessible game in the world. The Wii is THE casual machine. It's the perfect console to pass 30 mins playing some Wii sports. You don't have to wave your arms around like a maniac (though it's pretty fun and I find myself jumping up and down during a tough Wii Tennis match).

And that battery thing. That's an argument now? Wireless controllers are very practical. Battery life? Battery life lasts long enough. You can check how much is left in the Wiimote by the click of a button. Handhelds have batteries. They work fine.

You call waving your arms around like some drunken !@#$% fun?
...Yeah. It is fun. That's why sports are fun. That's why toys for kids are fun. That's why stuff like EyeToy and SingStar are fun. That's why being drunk is fun. Looking like an idiot is actually one of the funnest things ever, and Nintendo took advantage of this.

Have you even played the Wii? I mean, really. I was sceptic and thought WiiSports would be silly and stupid. Then I played and fell in love with it. There's a special kind of satisfaction you get from jumping and waving your arm around just to score that one point in Tennis. It's the satisfaction you get from doing real sports. It's awesome.
Okay.. I haven't played Wii Sports yet, but the majority of the games I played damn near pissed me off;
(RedSteel, Zelda TP, Call of Duty, Medal of Honour, Excite Truck) (Admittedly Excite Truck was fun as hell)

The battery rant was solely because what was the problem with wireless controllers? Why cant we have that option open to us now?  Why do we need to keep checking how much life is in the batteries? It begins to take the fun out of gaming when you have to go scouring your house for more batteries, unless you got a Model sword and shield, heck then turn it into a game.

And yes being drunk is fun. But I really dont wanna be playing my games ... in fact you know what, better idea.
I need beer to fulfill it though.

Dascu

« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2007, 11:44:33 am »
"Keep checking how much life is in the batteries"?
You're saying as if you have to check every damn 10 minutes. The Wii batteries last about 20~25 hours of playtime. That's long enough. Just have a reserve couple left nearby and it never gets annoying. Yeah, it'd be better if you didn't have to put in batteries, but the advantages of wireless are more practical.

"(RedSteel, Zelda TP, Call of Duty, Medal of Honour, Excite Truck)"
Red Steel, CoD and MoH. SUPERB CHOICES. All of those games have been criticized for having control issues and being generally crap. Zelda TP's sword waggle was a bit silly, I admit, but the aiming was perfect. And you certainly never had to wave your arms around.
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2007, 12:44:48 pm »
  • I put this here for the sake of that one thread
The batteries last very long, it's not an issue at all, like Dascu says. However, Call of Duty's controls work really well, even the "waggle scenes" (planting bombs, boat, struggle) worked ok, could have been tweaked more though, but for a launch game, it wasn't that bad. However, what ruined CoD was the horrible optimization for the Wii's hardware, the engine ran really bad at places, causing extreme lag in the control, which was really when it happened, though when the game runs smooth, the aiming works great.

And Dascu, have you played TP for like, a day, then suddenly switched to WW? It feels silly pushing a button rather than waggle to me :(. Altough, it'd been better if the swings you did with the Wiimote were actually matched on-screen, even if it just is pre-made animations. I doubt it'd be hard to do :/

I </3 Sol
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 60 queries.