Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any news on Half-Life 2: Episode Three lately?  (Read 1474 times)

Any news on Half-Life 2: Episode Three lately?
« on: April 24, 2008, 07:41:45 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
I haven't heard a thing about Episode Three... at all.

I remember reading somewhere on a game site like two months back that they don't even know which direction they are going in yet with Episode Three, but they could just be false information.

God dammit Valve, don't screw us over again and make us wait like a billion years for the next game >_<
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
Re: Any news on Half-Life 2: Episode Three latel...
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 07:49:11 pm »
The last thing I heard was that they weren't really sure what they were going to do with it and that they had a lot of different ideas, (basically what you said), so I assume it's going to be a while.  :'(

Also:
Quote from: CVG
Valve Software is still working out exactly what it's going to do with Half-Life 2: Episode Three.

"We don't know entirely what's happening in the next episode, but we're gonna figure it out!", a laughing David Speyrer, Episode Two project lead, has told PC Zone magazine.
"There are always things we want to do that we can't because of the constraints of either the story or the arc we've laid out for the gameplay - or just time", he continued in a feature dissecting Valve's Orange Box, part one of which you can read on the site now.

"So we shelve them and carry on. Ideas fly around here quite a bit, so we have this huge laundry list of things to try for the next thing...", Speyrer concluded.

Don't expect Episode III any time soon then by the looks of it. But you knew that anyway, right?
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=181670
 :'(
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 07:53:27 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Ahh, that's pretty much what I read.

This is the only thing I hate about Valve, their release dates are so garbage.

I don't want to wait 400 years to find out what happens after
Show content
Eli dies
and if
Show content
they reach the Borealis

DAMMIT VALVE.
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 09:06:59 pm »
What I want to see is what [spoiler=Santa Claus]Aperture Science[/spoiler] has to do with the [spoiler=Christmas Pageant]Borealis[/spoiler], because [spoiler=I like toys.]ZOMG PORTAL GUN CUNTFACE![/spoiler]
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 09:17:32 pm »
It will take at least 3 years before it begins to near coming out, but that's ok as long as its good. The only detail that I think is confirmed is that Portal 2 will come out around the same time.
Intel P4 3.2 GHZ
2.5GB SDRAM DDR400
350GB SATA
ATI RADEON HD 2600PRO 512MB
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 Z
Windows XP SP2

Current Projects: None.
- Trask

gm112

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 09:19:10 pm »
Everyone PM MG-Zero.. he knows somebody who works at Valve and he can give you some in depth information on where exactly they're at.
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 09:21:28 pm »
It will take at least 3 years before it begins to near coming out, but that's ok as long as its good. The only detail that I think is confirmed is that Portal 2 will come out around the same time.
HOLY !@#$% I JUST CAME AND NOW MY SHIFT BUTTON IS STICKY

I NEED TO CLEAN IT

BuffaloBurgers

U B DA WAT!?
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 11:34:17 pm »
As long as its good and it has a recap vid at the beginning I don't care how long it takes for them to release. Also, I hope they stop the episodic !@#$% and go back to normal releases after Ep 3. I would've rather had a HL3 be released in 2010 than having to deal with the episodic crap.

EEE HUNG HUNG HA HA

COLORADO 27 - OKLAHOMA 24
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 01:09:46 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
As long as its good and it has a recap vid at the beginning I don't care how long it takes for them to release. Also, I hope they stop the episodic !@#$% and go back to normal releases after Ep 3. I would've rather had a HL3 be released in 2010 than having to deal with the episodic crap.

Well the episodes end at 3 then it's onto Half-Life 4.

Although I heard a third-party is making Episode 4, hopefully it's Gearbox, but I think it's Turtle Rock, who made Counter-Strike.

Edit: Found the quote, but it's from 2007 sometime in October I think... It's from PC Gamer.

Inside Valve, two teams will be responsible for finishing Episodes 1-3, a triumvirate that Newell says will wrap up Half-Life 2's current story arc. Episodes 1 and 2 began development simultaneously by seperate teams; when Episode 1 goes live, its team will shift gears to Episode 3. Episode 4 will have a stand along plot and is being developed outside Valve
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 05:39:43 am »
Quote from: Pyro
Although I heard a third-party is making Episode 4, hopefully it's Gearbox, but I think it's Turtle Rock, who made Counter-Strike.

Edit: Found the quote, but it's from 2007 sometime in October I think... It's from PC Gamer.

Inside Valve, two teams will be responsible for finishing Episodes 1-3, a triumvirate that Newell says will wrap up Half-Life 2's current story arc. Episodes 1 and 2 began development simultaneously by seperate teams; when Episode 1 goes live, its team will shift gears to Episode 3. Episode 4 will have a stand along plot and is being developed outside Valve

WHAT?!  Why would they do that?  If it's going to be a stand-alone plot I'm going to be pissed.  I don't even care about it being outsourced in comparison to it being unrelated to the current arc.  I NEED ANSWERS DAMNIT.   I'm going to assume that everything you just said is !@#$%, as it doesn't seem logical.  It better be !@#$%...
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2008, 05:43:06 am »
  • :'O
wait!
Show content
APPATURE SCIENCE
IS IN HL2?!!
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2008, 12:41:05 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Quote from: Pyro

WHAT?!  Why would they do that?  If it's going to be a stand-alone plot I'm going to be pissed.  I don't even care about it being outsourced in comparison to it being unrelated to the current arc.  I NEED ANSWERS DAMNIT.   I'm going to assume that everything you just said is !@#$%, as it doesn't seem logical.  It better be !@#$%...

Well I'm guessing it's going to be something like Blue Shift or Opposing Force, basically one of the episodes (I'm going to take a wild guess and say Episode One) from another persons view, in this case, Barney, which would be pretty cool.

wait!
Show content
APPATURE SCIENCE
IS IN HL2?!!
Play HL2: Episode Two and find out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 62 queries.

anything