Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WarKoL - The Kingdom Of Loathing RTS  (Read 1156 times)

Nebetsu

Harbinger
WarKoL - The Kingdom Of Loathing RTS
« on: September 15, 2006, 04:41:19 am »
WarKoL is a real time stratagy computer game for Windows and Linux based on Kingdom Of Loathing. It uses the Stratagus engine and it's intricacies, like units, scripts, and such are based on the Wargus dataset. No graphics or sounds will be used from Warcraft 2. Wargus is only a base, so I have a sense of direction. It will have around 10 unique races, the graphic style you all know and love from Kingdom Of Loathing, unique and fun captions for each creature, a map editor, TCP/IP multiplayer, and other fun features.

There will be a familiar system. You chose one familiar. It becomes your familiar for the rest of the skirmish. It's a special "hero unit" that, when it dies, can be revived ala Warcraft 3 style. It can get upgrades and equipment and special abilities. Some won't be able to attack at all and will just boost your economy somehow (Blood Faced Volleyball and Leprechaun). Some will be hardened warriors and brutally slaughter things (Ghost Pickle On A Stick).

A vague map of the first race, the Brotherhood Of Smackdown has been drawn. You can view it here. Just send all suggestions, complaints, and questions my way.

There's an IRC chatroom for anyone who wants to take a look.

* Server: irc.freenode.net
    * Channel: #warkol

As well: We need spriters, music, spriters, sounds, spriters, voice acters, and spriters. A lot of spriting is done in an RTS because there are so many units and buildings. We have 2. So we need more. Email me if you're interested.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 04:43:26 am by Nebetsu »

• Yiddish Nebbish
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 39 queries.

anything