Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
 on: July 02, 2023, 09:56:58 pm 
Started by Martijn dh - Last post by Martijn dh
Well, that was the last of my free days from work  :( . It has put a real damper on my motivation this week so progress was less than expected. Also some real life arrangements had to be made.

So I do hope you'll forgive the placeholder assets in this new screenshot. I just really want to show of the new overworld statues as well as the water edges. Especially the later took fairly time to implemented across the entire game. What do you think? We've also been making progress on the starting house and the demo dungeon entrance visuals. Hopefully I'll be able to show that off next weekend, depending on when they come in.

As for the larger picture. These last three months have been pretty productive. I've been working on the game almost non-stop for most of that time, sometimes well into the night. As a result the first demo was been released with three follow up updates. Almost all of the character actions in the full game have been completed. Handpixeled by myself (which I honestly did not expect to be able to do beforehand). Work has now fully started on the demo 2 overworld area. This means tackling the biggest challenges like pallets, style, trees, mountains and so forth. So it's really laying the groundwork for future expansions. The first early spritework has been coming in for two more areas. Concept art and basic components just yet, but that too is essential. And about 95% of all the sound effects needed in demo 2 are now either done or commissioned, expected to be delivered by the end of juli. So all in all I'm looking back quite satisfied.

The next main goal will be to complete demo 2 before SAGE 2023, very early in september. I'll likely even target for an earlier date, but more news will come at a later date.

As a final note: the next week or two might be rough for me as I get back into work again, and am expecting a 3 month backlog waiting for me. So I might post a little less during that period.

Progress report:
Code: [Select]
v0.27.57 (26-28 juni 2023)
* Made a little progress on implementing villain group
* Made a little progress implementing some new terrain tiles

v0.27.58 (29 juni 2023)
* Tweaked and implemented water edge tiling
* Cleaned up world tilesets
* Started edited demo dungeon outside entrance room

v0.27.59 (30 juni 2023)
* Tweaked and implemented outside statue object
* Edited shallow water object for easier use in outside areas
* Finished editing demo dungeon outside entrance room (for now)
* Changed game starting position and gear
* Edited villain visuals slightly

v0.27.60 (1 juli 2023)
* Worked with artist on new sprite/tile assets
* Finished adding NPC for each of the villains
* Implemented new visuals for various containers, like bushes

v0.27.61 (2 juli 2023)
* Implemented more new container visuals

on: July 01, 2023, 01:14:10 am 
Started by Martijn dh - Last post by Mariotag
Alright. Yeah, I need to get my life in order.
I really wish you the best! Both with your project, and in life.

on: June 30, 2023, 07:21:09 am 
Oof, that's rough.
No worries about offending. It makes me motivated to make the game even better, if anything. XD

on: June 29, 2023, 09:50:02 pm 
Eh, well, I'm pretty much the exception. I only make $60 to spend per month, and any indie games I see are usually roughly $20-$30.
I hope you're not offended or anything. It's kinda partly the state of my life, and partly what I've seen.
But I am genuinely interested.

on: June 29, 2023, 10:42:37 am 
You were thinking 20 dollars? Or less?

Like I said, the pricing can still change slightly between now and then. Both the project budget and pledge levels won't be final until I finish demo 2. So that I can do a final recalculation based on the latest state of development and lessons learned. All input is still very much welcome regarding pricing and kickstarter preferences.

on: June 29, 2023, 02:18:31 am 
Well, I'm definitely enticed. I don't think I'll be able to pledge. I don't make much money I can just spend on what I want.
So it'll be a while.

on: June 28, 2023, 07:51:34 am 
It's all still undecided, but I'm leaning towards:
20 euro (= about 22 dollar) for an early bird pledge
22/23 euro (= about 25 dollar) for a regular copy
25/27 euro (= about 28/30 dollar) for a copy incl your name in the credits and a special discord role

With higher tier pledges for more rewards like the OST, beta access and getting your name/pet/avatar in the game.

How's that sound?

EDIT: Note that I aim to include between 8 and 16 full sized dungeons (depending on the success) so it's a bigger than average game.

on: June 28, 2023, 04:41:17 am 
I'm curious, how much do you see yourself charging for this?
I'm interested. LoZ ALttP was a great design, and I loved Parallel Worlds.
I just dunno how much I'll be able to afford.

on: June 27, 2023, 03:54:38 pm 
I like that idea! Shadow cast from the tree could really improve the visuals.
Putting it on the devlist right away.

on: June 27, 2023, 03:05:51 pm 
Started by Martijn dh - Last post by Atom
Haven't been here in ages as life got extemely busy the last few years, but felt like checking on the progress of this project.
Some major changes I see, but makes it a lot easier to actually go for a release some day in the future now its not a fangame any longer.
Do like where this is going.

Just a small suggestion on this last update. If you look at the player object and the cliffs used as boundary for the water, they both have a shadow indicating a high most likely northern lightsource. It might look slightly better with the surroundings if there was some shadow between and or around the tree roots.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 32 queries.