Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Downtime: August 31th  (Read 1904 times)

Downtime: August 31th
« on: August 31, 2008, 07:44:38 pm »
We're currently investigating into what took our host 11 hours to get the box back up and running. Again, this wasn't limited to ZFGC, this time around (most of the 'little down times' are a result of high load.

From my poking around, everything worked, aside from Apache, which most likely crashed. Apparently, no one else on the pass72 box took notice of it for around six to eight hours in, (I was sleeping at the time) when I finally put a ticket in complaining about it. After about a three hour wait I finally got a reply from support, they 'noticed nothing wrong with it'. I pointed out, tracerts and pings work, but apache is unresponsive.

On August 29th a switch was replaced early morning EST, I don't think this is in relation to the issue, but that does explain a two hour downtime early EST.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 05:09:35 am by 4Sword »
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
Re: Downtime: August 31th
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 07:46:45 pm »
Hello,

Please check your sites now, they should be resolving without any problems. The issue was with Apache just as you said, but we are taking a closer look into this right now to prevent any more future down time. Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
----------
Alex
Server Analyst II
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.244 seconds with 40 queries.