Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Administrative Compact  (Read 6594 times)

Administrative Compact
« on: November 20, 2008, 04:09:15 am »
As you can see Mammy and myself have returned to 'reclaim' our positions within ZFGC's administration. However a different approach at management will be taken this time. We highly suggests all users read and understand the structure of the administration. If you have questions feel free to understand comment (loltypo).

This document is intended to serve as a compact between administrators regarding the functionality of the administrative board of ZFGC.

ZFGC will function as what will be described as a semi-democratic administrative board. ‘Core’ administrators (as appointed by the owner) will always make up the ‘majority’ of the board, meaning there will always be an odd number of core administrators. These core administrators will appoint one administrator as they see fit, while the other administrator (following the requirements below) will be ‘elected’ by the users of ZFGC.

Appointed Administrator – The ‘core’ administrative staff will appoint an administrator to serve with them.

Elected Administrator – The elected administrator will be elected by ZFGC users to represent them on the board. This position will be up for re-election every three months, to ensure proper rotation of the position. There is no term limit for this position. The elected administrator must meet the following requirements:

-   No previous ‘perm’ bans.
-   Have not been fired or removed from a ZFGC position.
-   Must be at least 16 years of age.

Managing Administrator – One of the five administrators will be elected by their peers to act as the ‘managing administrator’. This role is specifically for facilitation purposes. This individual will conduct meetings and act as the ‘chair’ and executor of the board. This will be rotated every 3 months and no administrator has a term limit.

Resignation of Administrators – All administrators, including ‘core’ administrators may resign from the board at any time. In the chance an administrator does resign, succession will occur in accordance with whether the administrator was a ‘core’ administrator, an appointed admin or an elected admin.

Inactivity and Leave – If an administrator is inactive for 15 days without warning they will be placed under ‘suspension’. If the administrator fails to return within 10 days of the suspension their administrative position will be terminated.
If an administrator requests leave, longer than 30 days and less than two months, a successor will be placed in their absence.

Designation of a ‘major’ issue – A major issue (a conflict or problem within the forum) may be designated by one administrator declaring an issue to be ‘major’ and another administrator seconding the motion. This includes impeachment of an administrative peer and removal of moderator (or general) ZFGC staff.

No administrator will hold a ‘higher’ power than the other, aside from the managing administrator who holds the ability to facilitate. Administrators may have specific duties as designated by agreement with each other, overlapping of duties is encouraged to ensure proper oversight.

Currently the core administrators are:

Infi
Mammy
Vash

The appointed administrator has not been named, nor has an elected administrator been elected. -- This will be done at a later date. Until then, the document is subject to minor changes depending on comments below, we will most likely enact this plan regardless of how members feel about it, since we feel this is the correct structure, but input is of course welcome in regards to tweaking various aspects of the document.

As always, if you have nothing productive to say please don't post. This is not a welcome back topic, so do not treat it as one.

Thanks. :)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 04:26:31 am by 4Sword »
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
Re: Administrative Compact
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 04:15:19 am »
So am I to understand that the moderator position will be phased out when these new administrators are elected?
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 04:15:41 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
Welcome back guys :)
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 04:18:24 am »
So am I to understand that the moderator position will be phased out when these new administrators are elected?

Everyone will retain their moderation status for the time being, of course aside from Zidane, since he wants to be a jack-ass. :) --

Moderation isn't part of the administration, we really want to focus on internal affairs, there are a lot o flaws there and Mammy has several ideas for improving the functionality of the moderation team. We're very aware of a lot of the faults and a lot of the bias currently happening, we hope to resolve that, hopefully without removal of moderators. Anyone is capable of straightening up.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 04:21:05 am »

Everyone will retain their moderation status for the time being, of course aside from Zidane, since he wants to be a jack-ass. :) --

Moderation isn't part of the administration, we really want to focus on internal affairs, there are a lot o flaws there and Mammy has several ideas for improving the functionality of the moderation team. We're very aware of a lot of the faults and a lot of the bias currently happening, we hope to resolve that, hopefully without removal of moderators. Anyone is capable of straightening up.
Ok.
So long Zid :D.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 04:39:26 am »
The clause about not being let go from a staff position is a little unfair considering that a current administrator now was removed from their moderation position due to inactivity and then later made a moderator again, and then an administrator.  To me it is also like you are going to forever condemn a little thing I did and with the moderation now you are going to overlook the non-professionalism in favor of a different resolution.  It's like your trigger-happy with scarlet letters.  It's not like the core administration is free of faults either.

Meh, this part of my post was going to be reserved for asking about clarifications, but the first part of my post is where all the attention is going to be placed so why bother.  Maybe I'm just a little "butt-hurt" over all this.
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 04:46:59 am »
What do you need clarification on?

Also, I don't believe the past should directly impact the appointment of administrators. This however is still in question regarding the election of administrators. If this is the case users who were banned could in theory be appointed to administrative status, but not elected to administrative status, which is a bit illogical. There are definitely some bugs to work out.

I assume in this case you're citing Mammy; he was appointed by the owner of the website, I feel Justin has true 'supreme' authority over the website, in theory he could scrap the whole thing if he wanted to and coup us all. To protect the website, it is most likely I will not at any time retain ownership of the website (at least for the time being). Our goal here is to turn it around, hopefully we can do it.

Also, there is a flaw regarding the core administration, it technically does have more power than the other two admins, in that they are appointed by the owner of the website, and they control the power to elect a peer (user) to the board.

I do think that this scheme organizes the website properly, in accordance to what we have planned, without over complicating anything. It also gives the users a voice in the matter.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 04:57:29 am »
  • Minalien
Because a system acting similar to a government and focusing on politics is definitely the way to go for administration over a local forum. We still need a sarcasm BBC tag, by the way.

To me it is also like you are going to forever condemn a little thing I did and with the moderation now you are going to overlook the non-professionalism in favor of a different resolution.
Sorry to ask, but would you mind quoting the portion of Andrew's post that said "this was created to stop 4Sword from becoming an admin again."? Or for that matter, anything that definitively points to you at all?
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 05:01:46 am »
There is something that needs to be addressed, and that is how administrator resignation is considered.  If other things are to be defined, I find it odd that something so prevalent is not mentioned when it should be clarified to some degree - considering how Infini left the forum once came back and became an administrator again, and how you and Mamoruanime quit your administrator spots twice in the past.  Specifically, how returns work.

The potentiality of an appointment being a banned member is unlikely, and as permanent bans in themselves have never really lasted here, defining a permanent ban is really impractical to do.  For example and without naming names, there were users who were to some degree banned for a while who are liked and respected by the administration now.  It is not illogical to think that it could not happen, but in essence it is not something that is out of your power to control since it would be an appointment.

Justin really doesn't know what is going on here on the day-to-day and most of his ideas of people here are based on how they were in the past or how they are perceived topographically now.  But yeah, Windy and CrystalAngel04 were also left out of what you said, so are they clarified as those not of core?

As for the rest of the compact, it is fine and well-thought out.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 05:04:13 am by 4Sword »
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 05:04:04 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
I say we just make Pyrazor administrator and let things go from there.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 05:06:44 am »
Considering the other two admin positions listed are -not- in place, you may consider this time period a 'transitional' period. It's most likely that CrystalAngel and Windy will remain some form of 'advisers'. Mainly because of Windy's technical expertise, and knowledge of SMF. CA also provides a good non-bias look at things, she's currently in active and her and I spoke about this matter about an hour ago or so. Whatever she does will ultimately be up to her.

Regarding past status. Again, I don't think that this concerns the current website. When the US's constitution was enacted, they didn't then try themselves for breaking English law. One might consider this perhaps a 'revolution' of sorts.

Also, regarding the management of ZFGC via Ken's remarks. I think taking different approaches to the forum is a great idea. A board of directors for a company is essentially a government in one way or another, you could say we're still being run like a business, or even a non-profit organization.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2008, 05:12:17 am »
This seems pretty interesting, i can't wait to see how this works out when it's time for the whole thing to take place. Although Admin does seem a little too high up on the totem pole to elect members for.

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2008, 05:15:36 am »
I think the intent is to give users the power to have some say in the management of the forum. The idea could be horrible and not work, but we wont know until we try it out.

Plus they can't whine about the forum not being a democratic 'state', it's semi-democratic now! :p
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2008, 05:16:51 am »
  • Minalien
Also, regarding the management of ZFGC via Ken's remarks. I think taking different approaches to the forum is a great idea. A board of directors for a company is essentially a government in one way or another, you could say we're still being run like a business, or even a non-profit organization.
But it's not a country that needs some government. It's not a company that needs a board of directors. It's a damn web community that needs groups of experienced members and friends who work together and agree on things.

Needs less democracy, more Minalien ruling the world'acy. (Lunacy, for short).
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2008, 05:20:32 am »
I think the intent is to give users the power to have some say in the management of the forum. The idea could be horrible and not work, but we wont know until we try it out.

Plus they can't whine about the forum not being a democratic 'state', it's semi-democratic now! :p

Yes, but it you would be giving people Admin powers who atleast never had mod powers and would come into a lot more power then they would be used too. But again, i'm interested in seeing how this works out in the end.

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2008, 05:22:28 am »
Specifically regarding the founding of American government, the later part about the qualifications to be President not being foreign-born but natural-born were kind of funny in that some of the founders were not born in the United States anyway - although with life expectancies being a lot less and to the time of the Constitutional Convention, it was nearing a point where the newest generations were being more predominantly born in the United States.

Thanks for defining what Windy is.  I agree that he is pretty good at the technical things and I recall you saying how he liked to stay out of certain administrative things in the past kind of - overall I am looking forward to his future technical projects but that is unrelated.  As for CrystalAngel04, I can't really say, women are refreshing though in that they don't think with testosterone-swamped brains, so no disagreement there.  At one time you also had an outside advisor in Jon here, is there anything in the future where something like that will happen again?

And you have said that you wanted to bury the hatchet, I was under a lot of stress in the past which led me to act oddly, and the current staff is under a different set of administrative policy so if possible it would be a lift off my shoulders to let the past go and judge me on my actions of the present.

Oh, and regarding legacy - it's odd when you think about it but a seniority founded in childhood or puberty is on a weak foundation.  It's why Aristotle was a DICK about it in the 2nd Treatise of Government.  Something about how a child is essentially their parents property due to a lack of rationality - the property part being rescinded once they come of age.  Interesting discussion in class that day over the mentally handicapped and how children can be convicted of felonies in some states.

Overall though, I would like it if once the roles of each administrator are determined that they be posted or made known so that I, as a user, can direct any queries regarding things like moderation, contests, etc. to a certain one of them rather than all of them at once or something.  Otherwise delegation of duties is a little vagued.  Hopefully things will get done though, especially the things that keep getting promised and brought up as needed.

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2008, 05:22:52 am »
NOTE: This is directed at Ken, with love <3

I honestly don't think any users would be here if you were an admin.. not because they dislike you, just because you'd ban them all. I think the purpose of the community isn't to close it off to a group of tight knit friends, but to have a group friends but also leave the projects and the experience open to whoever that wanders in, even if they're complete idiots.

Our intentions are to clean up the place.. and get rid of people we deem destructive and who we feel are derailing and undermining the purpose of the forum. This is just a zelda site and we all know it wont be ran or managed this formally, but to have something formal to follow and to understand as a guideline is hardly harmful.

You told me to plan less, i intend on planning less. this isn't a plan, it's just an admin agreement, something we can all agree to (something we all do agree to-- admin wise). We all feel it's needed, it's definitely not just me.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 05:29:43 am by Vash »
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2008, 05:26:01 am »
  • Xiphirx
I like the compact, and I agree with everything it states.

Wow, a first.
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2008, 05:39:05 am »
  • Minalien
I honestly don't think any users would be here if you were an admin.. not because they dislike you, just because you'd ban them all. I think the purpose of the community isn't to close it off to a group of tight knit friends, but to have a group friends but also leave the projects and the experience open to whoever that wanders in, even if they're complete idiots.
Why do you think I want to run it so badly? Also, that's why I shortened the name to "lunacy"? :D

• Development Blog
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2008, 05:47:08 am »
:p Maybe you'll get elected. Cite my comments on IRC about you being chief justice. XD

rofl:
<Ken> Then send the ZFGC Army after the WMDs that are clearly hidden in 4Chan
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.558 seconds with 76 queries.