Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paper Zelda Gameplay Experiment  (Read 2701 times)

Paper Zelda Gameplay Experiment
« on: April 10, 2012, 01:43:17 pm »
  • Minalien
As anybody poking around the Recruitment board may know, I'm working on an experimental gameplay project pulling the 3D gameplay style from Super Paper Mario to a Legend of Zelda setting - to see how it feels, and to potentially develop it into a full project.

Current Build: http://minalien.com/experimental-gameplay-paper-zelda/
Current Controls:
Arrow Keys / WASD - Move Link

A special thanks to Mitsu for the pixel art currently being used in the project. :D

From my blog page:
Project Description

This project is intended to experiment with the “sprites-in-three-dimensions” gameplay style that is seen in Nintendo’s Super Paper Mario game for the Nintendo Wii. The focus of the experiment is to test the entertainment value of the Super Paper Mario gameplay style (with regards to the 3D portion of the gameplay) in an adventure game setting, rather than the platform setting from which I got the idea.

For the first implementation of this system, I am using Unity 3D, rendering the player as a two-dimensional animated texture mapped to a that has been rotated to face the camera (similar to a billboard, but without the billboard implementation – the plane just happens to be rotated for the camera). While I search for an artist willing and able to provide graphics in the Super Paper Mario style, I am working on the project with sprite rips from other Legend of Zelda games to experiment with a control scheme and rendering.

Right now, I'm developing the experiment using Unity3D 3.5 and deploying it to the Unity Web Player on my blog.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 01:45:34 pm by 宇宙人ミン »
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
Re: Paper Zelda Gameplay Experiment
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 07:20:40 pm »
Sounds like a cool idea, love that Link and octo sprites. Unity is a good choice! It plays very well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 41 queries.