Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda A Hero`s Destiny  (Read 29720 times)

Re: The Legend of Zelda A Hero`s Destiny
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2014, 04:49:13 pm »
  • Zelda rocks! Gamemaker Rules!
Well its not time thats the big issue its the fact that I work on this project some and then something else gets me side tracked for as long as 2 months. So im not sure I might continue this.
Zeldafan2100

Zelda A Hero`s Destiny:
http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=40629.0
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2014, 04:55:45 pm »
-SCRATCH EVERYTHING IVE SAID-

Im completely remaking this game. Using a engine a friend gave me to help speed up gameplay and it will have smoother controls.
Zeldafan2100

Zelda A Hero`s Destiny:
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2014, 02:27:00 am »
Hmm. You said you were almost done though. Also, remaking anything from scratch is generally a bad idea in software development. At least it is before you have an already finished product.

Is there any other reasons you would rather start over in this new engine? Would this engine be significantly easier to work with compared to what you have now? Would it be able to do something such as cutting down the time you take to make something from several days to only a couple hours?

Personally I think you should finish the game with its current engine and use the new engine for a future project, or maybe for a second release of the game if you really want to remake it in that engine. Especially if your main concern is time you can commit to the development of the game. If you don't have time to finish it in its current state then how will you find time to remake it entirely?
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2014, 02:32:24 am »
  • Let's do this.
Hmm. You said you were almost done though. Also, remaking anything from scratch is generally a bad idea in software development. At least it is before you have an already finished product.

Is there any other reasons you would rather start over in this new engine? Would this engine be significantly easier to work with compared to what you have now? Would it be able to do something such as cutting down the time you take to make something from several days to only a couple hours?

Personally I think you should finish the game with its current engine and use the new engine for a future project, or maybe for a second release of the game if you really want to remake it in that engine. Especially if your main concern is time you can commit to the development of the game. If you don't have time to finish it in its current state then how will you find time to remake it entirely?

It isn't a new engine.. I gave him the old engine from my Time Walker project since it is also a mix of Sahittams Engine and Sahittams Game. The code inside the engine is as unclear as the code from Sahittams engine but has a lot of content. Anyway, I wish you good luck using this engine. ;)
This is one of many tales Hylian lore speaks of...

Click here to check out my Deviantart!
  • Zelda Time Walker
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2014, 04:55:23 am »
Then its settled, im using time walker engine i need to give credit though cant forget credit  :) Anyways wish me luck on this brand new project  XD
Zeldafan2100

Zelda A Hero`s Destiny:
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2014, 06:21:31 pm »
Good luck with the new engine. Hope it gives you some renewed energy.
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2014, 10:47:40 pm »
Yeah, good luck.
I kind of feel bad that I gave you my game in the first place, and that you had to use it... But that's over now. The new engine can only be better.
And, looking at the item texts from the Time Walker demo, it seems that the engine has quite a lot of items already implemented ... so that's awesome! Again, good luck.
« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2014, 01:00:27 am »
No need to feel bad, your engine helped me understand some mechanics :)
Zeldafan2100

Zelda A Hero`s Destiny:
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2014, 02:45:31 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Hey I don't know if you've fixed this yet, but your flip mechanic is REALLY broken!  I was able to flip out of bounds and run around outside of Link's house.  I even found your giant rupees that you're hiding out there :)

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2014, 10:27:10 am »
Hehehe, who thought this project was dead? Welp its not ive actually been putting alot of time into it! And Almost ready for the 1st demo. Ive mostly been restyling the hud and pause menu. Though I will be going on Vacation July 31 so I wont be able to put time into the project while im gone. Though I feel bad cause I have failed to keep updating this topic.
Zeldafan2100

Zelda A Hero`s Destiny:
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2014, 02:39:00 am »
  • Let's do this.
Good, when we can expect a demo?
This is one of many tales Hylian lore speaks of...

Click here to check out my Deviantart!
  • Zelda Time Walker
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2014, 06:05:20 pm »
I would say 2-4 weeks I still need to polish up some things. I will release Screenshots though.
Zeldafan2100

Zelda A Hero`s Destiny:
« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2014, 08:53:28 pm »
I hope to see you in this year's Nintendo Community Fangame Convention.
Games that I support:

Forums that I am a member of:
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2014, 10:27:53 pm »
I have now givin up that easily.
Zeldafan2100

Zelda A Hero`s Destiny:

rhalifax

Pixelated Tree
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2014, 10:57:27 pm »
  • I'm here for the Bacon
ladies and gents, id like to introduce TRMjr

I have now givin up that easily.
honestly, the game looks great and it seems like everyone was interested but you keep keep changing your mind and then getting upset with other members. One minute youre working on it then a month later youre scrapping it to change to a new engine when previously you state that it was almost finished.

make up your mind dude and good luck with whatever you end up doing
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 11:00:08 pm by rhalifax »
Pixelated Tree. | I make crappy Youtube videos now.
XBL- aaronshatonyou | PSN- cpt ehren | Steam- cptehren
  • Pixelated Tree
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2015, 02:40:52 am »
hhheeeeyyyy, so this is still a thing..... >.>. All jokes aside, I have been very busy with school work. I won't say this project's dead, yet I also won't say it's alive. It's more like on hold....even though I haven't said anything in like...almost a year?? Though this game's slipped my mind with a lot of other things. Unfortunately my GML(Game Maker Language) is starting to slip my mind to Lua, blame Roblox. Though i've never been good at level design and programming has always been my thing, but now that Lua has replaced the little slot in my brain where GML used to be, I don't see any current status for this game unless I can get some major help, which seems far-fetched. Oh well, any ideas on what I should do with this would help out alot, otherwise, this projects practically at a standstill.
Zeldafan2100

Zelda A Hero`s Destiny:
« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2015, 04:16:02 am »
hhheeeeyyyy, so this is still a thing..... >.>. All jokes aside, I have been very busy with school work. I won't say this project's dead, yet I also won't say it's alive. It's more like on hold....even though I haven't said anything in like...almost a year?? Though this game's slipped my mind with a lot of other things. Unfortunately my GML(Game Maker Language) is starting to slip my mind to Lua, blame Roblox. Though i've never been good at level design and programming has always been my thing, but now that Lua has replaced the little slot in my brain where GML used to be, I don't see any current status for this game unless I can get some major help, which seems far-fetched. Oh well, any ideas on what I should do with this would help out alot, otherwise, this projects practically at a standstill.

I do know a bit of html, sadly i don't think that will be any help here. It's a shame if you have to put the project at a standstill, but if you don't really have any other options. Could always try relearning the parts of GML you forgot.

« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2015, 02:14:12 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
I'm sure you can manage, programming languages are like riding a bicycle.  You might forget if you haven't done it in a while, but you'll remember it once you start doing it again.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 74 queries.