Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

What should I work on next?

Graphical revamp (what I'm currently working on)
- 1 (25%)
Equipment
- 1 (25%)
Finishing a demo
- 1 (25%)
Completing the first dungeon, starting the second
- 1 (25%)
Town
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oracle of reason  (Read 5500 times)

mbrown06

They call me brown. Mbrown.
Oracle of reason
« on: January 28, 2012, 12:31:53 am »
I am working on a zelda game (shocker, considering I'm on site dedicated to that :)) in game maker, the current name (this is temporary) is oracle of reason. Here's some screen shots:

What do you think?
*UPDATE ONE* Added 3 more images, HUD (by neike60), hearts, octorok, and first bosses; moldorms.
*UPDATE TWO* Added one more image, new HUD icons, spinner equipment, rails (for the spinner), a sheild, and started the next equipment; mole mits.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 03:36:15 am by mbrown06 »
Re: Oracle of reason
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 02:08:15 am »
Nice work so far. I am also planning to work on the third Oracle, but currently am putting it on hold till I can learn a decent programming language.

Anyways, I am not so sure on why the rooms are the way they are. The original GB games looked alot more different, where the view was focused on one room mainly.

mbrown06

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 03:59:57 am »
I am aware that the oracle games were different, but this is not a third oracle game, but a new zelda game with gameboy graphics, the name is just a pun a friend of mine came up with...

Koh

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 06:42:59 pm »
  • Tamer Koh
What's up with Link's sprite?  Why are the colors screwed up like that?  http://www.spriters-resource.com/gameboy/lozooa/sheet/8928 is a good sheet ripped directly from the Gameboy Color for you.
  • Megaclipse Games

mbrown06

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 09:25:54 pm »
Thanks for pointing that out to me, I'll fix his sprite! I have no idea how it got like that :huh:
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 06:59:32 pm »
  • It's just Max.
I like that you've incorporated the spinner, that's neat, especially if you give it something more than TP did. Like relevance. At first I didn't like how the rooms in this dungeon were laid out, as far as the odd room size and think black borders, but it's growing on me. I'm still a bit iffy about the way objects in the room are distributed, it's a bit cluttery, visually, but perhaps that's just me.

I do have to say, though, as awesome as that HUD neike did is, it doesn't really go with the graphical style with which you're working. It kinda clashes, maybe you could alter it to look more Oracle-Game style?
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 08:16:37 am »
  • I'm so bad I'm good.
I made my way here from your title request thread, to which I can only offer the same advice everyone else has thus far... I generally would wait until I've set down a great deal of the story before actually coming up with a name, unless "Oracle of Reason" is what you've decided that is.

As for the game, I think it looks really great so far. It uses a freshly coloured variation of the GB sprites and has an overall unique appearance to the layout of your dungeons (such as the being able to see the other rooms of a dungeon, which isn't the norm in most Zelda games).

I hope to further watch over the growth of this project and I wish you luck with it.
I'll be working on this later, I imagine... So for now, have fun just looking at this.
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 03:01:01 pm »
Looking at the screens again, I think the sprites for Link and the bushes are a little too bright (probably because they were ripped from a bright sprite sheet, because I remember seeing this  sprite before).  His skin is too white, in comparison to other "white" colours (like the white portion of the peahat sprite) which has a tint of yellow in it.

mbrown06

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2012, 11:02:15 pm »
Just a warning, I may not have a major update for a while...I'm working on a graphical revamp of massive porportions...
Anyway, there's a poll on the top, asking what people want to see in the next update. I will try to work on it.

For now, heres a preview of things to come:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 04:43:26 pm by mbrown06 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 58 queries.

anything