Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nightwish now  (Read 2007 times)

Nightwish now
« on: July 27, 2007, 01:25:08 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
Well, for people who don't know the band "Nightwish", they kicked their vocalist out of the band and replaced her with a new one.
By that, the music changed pretty dramatically. I'll give two examples:
OLD:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xAKf1gTx7qM
NEW:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OwTtDr5JPz4
Oh, and the male singer IS NOT the lead singer, this is just a song with him singing. Here's one with the NEW LEAD SIGNER:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KU_3jSDCKyk
Now, give your thoughts. I think the music has, yes, changed pretty damn much, but I don't see it as a problem. The music is still great.

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
Re: Nightwish now
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 12:20:25 pm »
It's still good, but I prefered much more it when Tarja was the vocalist...
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 08:40:41 pm »
I don't know what to say about the new singer besides she's hot. From what I've heard from her so far didn't get me excited. I would love to hear her sing one of the songs Tarja used to sing. And God what do I hate it that Tarja left Nightwish.
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 05:53:35 am »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
9 of the songs on the new album are floating around on the internet already. I've got them all... and I really do have to say: I'm impressed so far. Especially The Poet and the Pendulum, Meadow of Heavens and Bye Bye Beautiful rock beyond comparison.

Anyway, srsly u guis, Anette isn't that bad of a singer, really. Listen to some of her formed band; Alyson Avenue. The album "Presence of Mind" is a masterpiece, just like Dark Passion Play.
My name is Pitt
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 06:09:16 pm »
9 of the songs on the new album are floating around on the internet already. I've got them all... and I really do have to say: I'm impressed so far. Especially The Poet and the Pendulum, Meadow of Heavens and Bye Bye Beautiful rock beyond comparison.

Anyway, srsly u guis, Anette isn't that bad of a singer, really. Listen to some of her formed band; Alyson Avenue. The album "Presence of Mind" is a masterpiece, just like Dark Passion Play.
giv teh songz nau plz!!1111!!!!1

And she's not a bad singer at all! she has a voice of a Angel but not that awesome Angel voice Tarja Turunen has. She just doesn't sound anything like Tarja at all so that's why I want to hear how the songs sound with her voice that Tarja sang.
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 06:23:12 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
She reminds me too much of Within Temptation, who ironically used to remind me of Nightwish...ironic...
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 12:47:17 am »
She reminds me too much of Within Temptation, who ironically used to remind me of Nightwish...ironic...
Within temptation kicks ass. Actually I thought that exact same thing when I heard one of the new songs. I forget which one. I would browse around searching for all the songs out so far but ill just wait for the album. I am excited though. Lots of people are hating on Anette, just because she is not Tarja.

And Ive never heard of Alyson Avenue but I am going to download it right now.
We may be human. But we're still animals.
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 10:26:30 am »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
The entire promo version of the album has leaked out to many torrent websites now.

For those still sceptic about Anette's voice, listen to "For the Heart I Once Had".. she proves that she's able to sing pure and emotional.
My name is Pitt
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2007, 01:40:11 am »
I downloaded the promo album from a certain site. From what Ive heard it is !@#$% awesome. She sounds great with the rest of the band. It might not be Tarja but its still an amazing sound, just a little different. Who cares? It is all about the music isn't it? They are obviously still pumping out good material.

Most of the songs I got are really bad quality and only about 40-50s long. But a good 4 or 5 are full versions with good quality.

The song Eva reminds me so much of "Our Farewell" by Within Temptation. Anette has an amazing voice. I am really looking forward to this album.

Also I downloaded that one Alyson Avenue album you suggested Neo. It's pretty good man. A lot more upbeat then nightwish, or even WT but its a cool sound. I prefer her in nightwish personally. Her voice comes across better backed by heavy guitars and drums :P
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2007, 09:53:57 pm »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
Most of the songs I got are really bad quality and only about 40-50s long. But a good 4 or 5 are full versions with good quality.
Hmm.. there are definitely better versions out there with the entire album made up of good quality songs.

The song Eva reminds me so much of "Our Farewell" by Within Temptation. Anette has an amazing voice. I am really looking forward to this album.

Also I downloaded that one Alyson Avenue album you suggested Neo. It's pretty good man. A lot more upbeat then nightwish, or even WT but its a cool sound. I prefer her in nightwish personally. Her voice comes across better backed by heavy guitars and drums :P
^___^ Told ya it was good
My name is Pitt
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 04:18:24 am »
  • I knew it!
Meh...

*snore*
  • Yay!
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 03:37:32 pm »
Meh...

*snore*
??
You do realise that's gravedigging and spam?
By the way, I became so addicted on the Poet and the Pendulum... :D It even makes me forget about Ghost Love Score.
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007, 07:42:35 pm »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
By the way, I became so addicted on the Poet and the Pendulum... :D It even makes me forget about Ghost Love Score.
Poet and the Pendulum is definitely one my favourites on the album. Also, the new Amaranth video is great. Anette is great, her mimicry and interaction with the camera is so much better than Tarja's. A lot cheekier, I love it.
My name is Pitt
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2007, 09:26:46 pm »
Ghost love score used to be my favorite also. But Poet and the pendulum is just unreal. So far all of the songs Ive heard are amazing. I like it better then the old nightwish.

I just need to get more full versions of the songs. I looked all over but the only ones i could get are Eva, The poet and the pendulum, bye bye beautiful, Amaranth, and Cadence of her last breath, and even those are interupted now and then by a guy's voice saying this is from the new album dark passion play.

Neo if you have any other full songs, or any without the guys voice in the middle would you hook me up? That would be awesome. I love this new lineup.
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 05:24:59 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
Poet and the pendulum is THE best song in the album, easily. I love it. But I wouldn't dare to say it's their best one, I think little stronger voice would fit in the song better.
Tuomas (composer of the band) really can make magical songs. I could say that he will be one of the greatest composers there are.

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2007, 03:05:42 am »
Poet and the pendulum is THE best song in the album
I would have to say, "For the heart i once had" It's a really different nightwish sound. Have you heard it? Its so great.
;)
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2007, 06:23:07 am »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
Last of the Wilds made tears well up in my eyes the first time I heard it. It's beautiful.

Also, Skully, If you want to go for a completely 'different' Nightwish sound, try "The Islander".
My name is Pitt
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2007, 02:49:43 pm »
Hmm, hey guys? Are there already un-promo versions? I can't hear that guy anymore... >_>
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2007, 12:11:59 am »
Hmm, hey guys? Are there already un-promo versions? I can't hear that guy anymore... >_>
That's probably just for a few of the songs. I think somebody probably just ripped the audio from the videos they released.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 75 queries.

anything