Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The 12 Questions of Christmas at Rare Witch Project  (Read 647 times)

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
The 12 Questions of Christmas at Rare Witch Proj...
« on: December 26, 2007, 10:44:32 pm »
  • The Mike
I spotted this just now. A Rare employee posted a topic over at the Rare Witch Project Forums. Basically, you can ask him some questions about the upcoming Banjo-Kazooie game for the Xbox 360. If you're planning on asking some questions, you have to sign up to their forums. The questions must be in a "Yes or No" format. This is an actual Rare employee. He's been on that forum before and it seems official as well. You have basically the whole holiday I'm pretty sure. A lot of questions have been asked so you will need to look through each post if you want to ask a question that hasn't been posted.

Anyway, if you want to find out for yourself, below is a link to the topic.

http://www.rarewitchproject.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13253
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 10:46:28 pm by Hammer Bro. Mike »

• Zelda Eternity
Re: The 12 Questions of Christmas at Rare Witch ...
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 03:22:01 pm »
I thought you meant Burger King game. o_o I'll check this out, but I don't have an Xbox, so it don't matter.
EDIT: Lol @ teh sukupz! They were all saying "Thank you, Rare, for taking interest in our forums.", even though it's really only one employee. But I was relieved when someone said "Holy crap. It's you. U: <3"
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 03:26:09 pm by BlueMonkey »

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 01:41:04 am »
  • The Mike
Well, if you're not exactly sure if it's true, he's already picked 6 questions and answered them and he will answer another 6 before the end of the year.

http://www.rarewitchproject.com/?id=1607

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 12:36:54 pm »
http://www.rarewitchproject.com/forums/showpost.php?p=257998&postcount=108

Thanks for all the questions so far, I was pleasantly surprised to see how many there are!

I'm going to answer 6 questions now and another 6 before 2008 (hopefully) to give people a last chance to ask new questions.

I've tried to pick a variety of questions to answer. There were some that I would have liked to answer but in doing so I would have revealed too much. But having said that I hope the answers I have given will provide you with some new information.

QUESTION 1
Will the next Banjo-Kazooie game take place after the events of Banjo-Tooie?
YES - But a lot has changed since 2000. What have Banjo and Grunty been doing for all these years?

QUESTION 2
Is there any multiplayer component planned?
YES - Not like Banjo-Tooie's though. No FPS sections, either. I think there are enough FPS games out there!

QUESTION 3
Is this new Jiggy system gonna stray too far away from the old one?
YES and NO - The 'not 100' Jiggies are still used to progress through the game, but the way they are obtained and used is different. Also expect changes to the Notes and Jinjos (oops, I think I may have answered a couple more questions there!)

QUESTION 4
A lot has changed since the original Banjo-Kazooie came out, which was almost ten years ago. Games today, in my opinion anyway, seem to stray a lot from core, simple gameplay elements and focus too much on other things. One thing I loved about the original game is that you guys got the story out of the way pretty much first thing. Witch is ugly, Witch needs to remove ugly, Witch steals cute little Bear-girl, game starts. After that, it was pretty much 100% game until you got to the end and knocked the old hag off her own tower. It was simple, and it set the player up with what they needed, a reason, to play through the game.

Not that story isn't important, but when 40% of a game these days is spent watching rather than playing, it makes me wonder where the "game" part of "video game" went

Basically, the original game relied on much of its own charm. The lushness of the worlds, the characters, and the rich array of abilities and puzzles. So... my question is: Does this remain?
YES - Don't worry, we may be introducing something different to the Banjo universe but this remains a Banjo game.

QUESTION 5
You said the gameplay had evolved some time ago and it would not be like it was before. Have we seen this new style of gameplay in another game?
NO (Well, I don't think so. Let's just say you certainly won't have seen it in a Banjo game!)

QUESTION 6
Will there be any old levels remade in the game?
YES - But probably not how you expect!

BONUS QUESTION
Will Grunty bring back her loveable rhyming again in this game?
Her silly comments will be a pain, yes the witch will rhyme again.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 12:39:13 pm by AoDC »
the a o d c
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007, 03:12:20 pm »
  • I put this here for the sake of that one thread
There needs to be a joke question regarding Stop 'n' Swop ;P

I </3 Sol

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2007, 04:17:55 pm »
  • b e p i s
Old levels remade, but not how we expect? I'm willing to bet that's a trick answer...we did see Spiral Mountain in the trailer, and I'm betting Grunty's Lair is in the game again...but personally, I'd like to see all new levels.

Silly Rare.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2007, 05:18:28 pm »
  • The Mike
There are going to be new levels but you'll be able to revisit some of them.

• Zelda Eternity
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.326 seconds with 52 queries.