Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction  (Read 579 times)

Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
« on: December 28, 2007, 06:22:51 am »
  • :D
I was hesitant to pick this game up, as I'm not the biggest R&C fan, but I purchased it anyway, and it was WAY worth it.  The game was !@#$% fantastic.  A perfect example of the modern game.  To start off, its a !@#$% beautiful game, the graphics are great and the art design was fantastic-- the game is so damn colorful.  The gameplay itself is pretty similar to the other R&C games, but its been fine tuned, and the weapons are still awesome.  The level design is one of the best features however... and there were so many damn levels.  The story was better than the average one, and the cutscenes were great.

I played nonstop for two days XD 

Anybody with a PS3, I command you to go buy this game. 

Anyone else have it... Love it as much as I did?
Re: Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destructi...
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 06:30:23 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
It looks ok but i stopped being a fan after the 4th game.  :-X I didn't like it at all.
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 06:54:52 am »
  • :D
It looks ok but i stopped being a fan after the 4th game.  :-X I didn't like it at all.
By the fourth one you mean deadlocked?  This one is a standard R&C game, like 1-3, not like DL.
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 06:58:37 am »
I saw that every time I got on my PS3 it said you were playing R&C...I don't blame you.  I'm glad that I ended up choosing this as my first PS3 game.  I'm not done with it yet but I've enjoyed it quite a bit so far.  It may just be an action/platformer, but it offers quite a bit of depth.  Not only are there a load of unlockables and upgrades, but I've heard a lot of good things about the "Challenge Mode" once you beat it.  The voice acting is top-notch, as is the overall presentation and story.  It may not be vital to the gameplay, but it sure is entertaining.

Having played both SMG and this, I have to say I've enjoyed it more than Galaxy thus-far.  They both have absolutely outstanding gameplay, but R&CF:ToD has had a lot more variety overall and it reminds me how much a story, serious or otherwise, can encourage someone to keep playing.  Super Mario Galaxy has a vague plot that isn't really touched on a whole lot outside of a story book and the beginning cut-scene, while R&C is littered with cut-scenes.  Don't get me wrong, gameplay should always be satisfying and the main focus of a game, but having a story unfold in the process makes that gameplay much more rewarding.

On the downside, I've encountered a few glitches, something that I never came across in Galaxy.  I can tell that much more time was spent refining and testing everything in Galaxy, and honestly SMG still looks beautiful even after playing this, (arguably one of the prettier games on the PS3...a definite testament of the graphical cababilities of the Wii). 

Still, overall I have preferred R&C...while playing SMG I sometimes felt as though some things were getting repetitive and there wasn't really any surprises in the story or gameplay.  I haven't found anything repetitive and have been surprised a few times in R&C.

Super Mario Galaxy - 9.0
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction - 9.5

Perhaps I'm being biased being a longtime fan of the R&C series, but then again I've been a die-hard Mario fan my entire life...and still am.  I really think the Mario franchise needs to have a story.  If SMG had had one, I might have rated them the same.  I still haven't finished R&CF so that is just a preliminary review, but as of now...I don't see my opinion changing.  Both are definitely must-play games that I can only assume will be being played years from now.  If you own a PS3, buy it.  If you know someone with a PS3...convince them to buy it so you can play it.
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 46 queries.

anything