Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Completed] Frogger :D (PC & DS versions)  (Read 11201 times)

Re: [Frogger] My first C++ game! :D (PC version)...
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2009, 02:51:17 pm »
I gonna beat you, just so you know.
And when i do it, ill show you a Print Screen  ;)
You should try to imporve the Graphics, if you do that. It will be like a real game if you do that.
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2009, 04:56:51 pm »
I gonna beat you, just so you know.
And when i do it, ill show you a Print Screen  ;)
You should try to imporve the Graphics, if you do that. It will be like a real game if you do that.
It will be a real game AFTER I improve the graphics? XD So all this time I didn't really work on a game because the graphics are out dated?... :P
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2009, 05:23:47 pm »
Noh, what i mean is that it would look like a actaul game that once have been sold in stores if you fix the graphics :P With real games i mean games that is NOT fan games and such...

Zomg! New record! =D
14120 Points ;)
Beat that if you can :P
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 05:41:00 pm by ltgh »
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2009, 07:23:53 pm »
Noh, what i mean is that it would look like a actaul game that once have been sold in stores if you fix the graphics :P With real games i mean games that is NOT fan games and such...

Itgh, sorry that I have to say this, but are you an idiot or what? How old are you? (Moderators, I'm not trying to troll or something) Games from the NES era and earlier and GBC had a lot worse graphics than this game. And they were sold, otherwise we wouldn't have games today. OK the graphics aren't what the standards were from the SNES and GBA, but that doesn't make this less of a game. The original Frogger had even worse graphics.

I understand your desire for this game to have more sleek sprites and fancy backgrounds and it is possible in this day and era, but it is a game. And a darn enjoyable one. Although I still believe that not all the resources are released when the game ends.
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2009, 08:07:53 pm »
Well, i dont mean that it would have been sold for 10 years ago, i mean that it would sell NOW.
Im sure there would be some parents saying "ohh! Its frogger, i remember when i played is as a child" and they buy it to their childs. Many parents think like that.
And im not stupid.  :(
Also, im 14 years old. I will be 15 in november 7th.  ;)

Anyway, i changed the textures myself. I used Warcraft 3 textures  :D
The only thing that is anoying is that the textures is small and then they get resized ingame which make it loose alot of detail  :-\
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2009, 08:23:08 pm »
On Nintendo's Virtual console NES games are still sold. And on Xbox Live arcade and PS network, there are also still poor quality games. So yeah these games are still sold  XD :P
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2009, 08:42:28 pm »
I havent seen FROGGER In WII Ware, Xbox Live Arcade or PS network o.o*
WHERE, IS IT O_O
Anyway, i cant remember that i said that they isnt sold anymore? :S
I just said that this wont sell becouse its not the original, but maybe people wants to buy it if it has much better graphic then the other.
BTW, do you like how i retextured it, Niek? :P
Took some time to find fiting pieces but now it feels better when i play it :P
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2009, 09:45:29 pm »

Zomg! New record! =D
14120 Points ;)
Beat that if you can :P
LOL, I could never sell this even if it had fancy graphics. Simply because Frogger is a creation from Konami. They own all the rights and stuff. And this was never intended to be sold. I wouldn't even want to sell it even if I could. Because although I like my own Frogger clone, there are better versions out there! And I'm not gonna change the graphics of this version, simply because I rather want to spent my time on the Nintendo DS version. And maybe te graphics in that version will be changed/improved. Of course you could change the graphics yourself if you have Photoshop. And it appears you already did so. :)

p.s I HAVE to get a better score then you! haha.
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2009, 10:03:22 pm »
Make a DSi version when that is possible, and use the new features. That would be cool.
And about sellnig this, it was just an example to show how much i like this  XD

p.s If you get better score then me, i will get even more.  ;)
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2009, 10:36:57 pm »
Make a DSi version when that is possible, and use the new features. That would be cool.
And about sellnig this, it was just an example to show how much i like this  XD

p.s If you get better score then me, i will get even more.  ;)
The DSi can run any DS game that doesn't make use of the GBA slot.
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2009, 06:56:25 am »
I mean, DSi will have new functions. Some people say Two double screens but i cant remember if that is true :S
What i mean is that you can make use of these new features when your able to make a DSi version, if you will be able too.  :D
The only bad point i have found about DSi is that they removed the GBA slot.
And well... I guess i have to wait for a Zelda DSi, took a while until the Gold Nintendo DS Lite came, so i had to wait a while.
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2009, 07:04:20 am »
The only additional functions the DSi has concerning games is bigger screens and a camera. Maybe even the SD card slot, but I'm not sure about that being usable for DS games.
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2009, 07:06:03 am »
You can flip the DS to get slideshow for an example, doesnt that mean that it can somehow feel if its turned? :o
And some small stuff like that.
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2009, 07:24:41 am »
I've looked around, but other then a better microphone, CPU and Memory, bigger screens, 2 cameras, an SD card slot and some software, I can't find any upgrade. It certainly hasn't a motion sensor. The tilting for the slideshow is probably done by a command in the software, when you activate the slideshow.
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2009, 10:55:04 am »
  • :3
good work man!!
  • daniel-kun
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2009, 02:03:26 pm »
When they showed the DSi on Nintendo.se (swedish) slideshow appered when they fliped the DSi 90°, they didnt use any buttons or anything, so there gotta be something that can feel when its fliped 90 grades°. And why not adding a motion sensor to the DSi? Thats like the biggest thing in Wii and thats what made it totaly awesome.
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2009, 12:38:29 am »
I just wanted to say that I started working on the DS version! :) The main focus at the moment is getting the graphics ready. And those who didn't like the old skool arcade graphics, should be happy to hear that my friend Deku_stick is working on recoloring all the sprites. I also got a little bit programming done. But I'm not sure when I've finished with this DS version. Since this project is not my main project. Because school assignments are much more important. And I have to code a network game and after that me and some other people in my class are going to create a game together. So when I'm not working on one of those projects I'll be working on this one.

I also think that the DS version will be a little more challenging then my PC version since as you probably now by now that the level is divided on the top and bottom screen. This means there will be more vehicles, logs, and turtles. But I'm planning on giving the player a little bit more time. So don't worry that it will be too difficult! ;)

Oh and here's a little preview of the graphical improvement!

enlarged for showing purpose only, ingame the sprite is twice as small.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 01:40:33 am by Moon_child »
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2009, 08:30:07 am »
Nice! Cant wait. ;)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.269 seconds with 75 queries.