Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zelda 2 sprites & mockups  (Read 11915 times)

Chesu

Re: Zelda 2 sprites & mockups
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2007, 05:25:25 am »
I wonder how a TAoL fangame would play, though...

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2007, 05:59:59 am »
These are some sweet sprites. I love them!
  • Phoenix Heart

Chesu

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2007, 06:03:44 am »
Laigonaz, that squid-like creature in your signiture looks familiar. What is it? It kind of reminds me of an alien someone comissioned Tailsteak to draw...

edit: http://tailsteak.com/archive.php?num=85   On closer examination, I'm completely wrong.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 06:09:50 am by Chesu »
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2007, 06:40:03 am »
  • odens knop
Wow, this looks awesome, you should have someone put something together with this.
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|

Alianger

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2007, 06:53:08 am »
Although I am working on a project of my own,I am willing to do some starter programming stuff for this.I've beaten AoL 3times and love it.

That'd be great, though as I said I don't have the time atm to work on a full game.. I do have a sloppy design document full of ideas, but it needs translating since I'm from Sweden.  ;D
I guess the best thing you could do is join the Z2E project that I linked to above, because they seem to need all the help they can get :) Keep in mind though that their first priority is simply to reproduce the original game engine, and save the upgrades for later. They're working on a map editor atm.

@Hyrule_SwordsMan - hehe, it was a joke man :) But I like it. The only problem with it, which seems to be a problem with your other sprites as well, is the outlines. I tried to demonstrate how to improve them to give the sprite better definition and look less pixelated, but I'm not that good at it. The pro's call it anti-aliasing and selective outlining. You can find some excellent examples on a page like http://www.pixeljoint.com/default.asp, where I've seen some of the best sprites evvar :P It's helped me a lot.

Hyrule_SwordsMan

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2007, 02:48:28 pm »
actually i made some border lines in green or in whatever but black because the light effects. If there is a very light effect just aside of a black border the black border must turn lighter. I can see that in the link u sended me too.
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2007, 04:21:41 pm »
  • Your expression has changed too
Looks nice but AOL sucks ass in my opinion.

Uh, I'm not so sure I agree with you. Why do you hate it?!

Anyway, still, BRILLIANT SPRIETERS :) :)
The same reason people hated Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Sunshine, and tons of othber sequels, they were expecting a carbon copy of the first game with a few new extras and they got an entirley new game that isn't what they were expecting, and they're too close-minded to actually try it out and not judge it based souly on "ITS NAWT THUH SAEM ENEYMOUR!" It's a shame how many people didn't try Zelda II past their first battle with a moblin.

On topic though, nice mockups, they look great.
Ghoster Poster
  • I have a Twitter if you're into that kinda thing
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 48 queries.

anything