Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

I need help with making sprites what do you use to make them?

i donno
- 7 (70%)
i donno
- 3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Im new (my sprites are cool check em out next month)  (Read 1363 times)

Alpha365

Im new (my sprites are cool check em out next m...
« on: October 07, 2006, 02:10:38 pm »
Hello  of ZFGC (i love this site) My names Ari or call me Alpha , I wanted to know what you guys use to make sprites. I probrably wont be good because im only 11 but im working on it but please help me out, My love of sprites came 5 years ago when I got a computer (i learned A lotta words from you guys lol) but I REALLY like MC styled sprites and im trying to make a WindWaker fan game with MC sprites the hard part is I have mac and some of the software needed are for Windows XP. TLoZ for life.
Re: Im new (my sprites are cool check em out ne...
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 02:17:34 pm »
MGI Photosuite is the best, I dunno where I got it though try googling it. It is so good because you can have up to 16million colors, you can set your own pallatet, has a ton of specail effects and then everything paint has on top of that(without screwing up any .gifs) I think I'm forgetting something too...

You got a computer when you were five!?!?!?! I still don't have my own computer... :(
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 02:53:14 pm »
*snickers* Why would you need 16 million colors...especially if it's pixel art, or "spriting"? It's fine for a photoshop alternative, but not for spriting.
Anywho, you can use quite a few programs... something as basic as MS Paint, something in the middle like Graphics Gale or Paint.net or, if you have the money... Cosmigo ProMotion was designed specifically for pixel art. But I wouldn't reccomend it, especially to an 11 year old beginner. Just try Graphics Gale out first.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 03:02:23 pm by Q.K. »
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 03:20:02 pm »
what he meant to say is that you can CHOOSE between 16.7mill colors (24bit)
Graphics Gale is the best spriting program, but you can do just fine with MS Paint or Spritesheet Editor
(Gale costs money...)

My Child Is Student of The Month at Neverland Ranch!
  • SSEdit
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 03:21:37 pm »
You got a computer when you were five!?!?!?!

Alert: A certain boy of ZFGC can't do maths.

I reccomend PSP5. Jasc Paint Shop Pro 5. It's costly though, and it's far from new. Now it's Corel Paint Shop Pro 9 XD.
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 03:31:53 pm »
Oh I know you can choose from 16 million colors...but so what? You can do that with pretty much anything (except ProMotion, which was designed specifically for pixel art)
I just thought it was kind of funny, that's all n__n.

And btw, Graphics Gale has a very decent free, unlimited trial. You just can't load or edit gifs.

Alpha365

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2006, 05:20:35 pm »
Thanks A lot I searched up those things and they really help. (I got my computer at 6 lol) You guys rock and I want yall(im live in dallas texas we say yall a lot)to know that you can use my sprites. MC sprites for life!!!!

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 05:22:54 pm »
I use Microsoft paint for making sprites.
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2006, 05:42:56 pm »
16 Million colors ... rofl, overkill don't you think? Just rendering that amount of colors would take quite awhile. I can't think of any situation when you would actually need that many >.>

Alpha365

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2006, 05:45:47 pm »
This SpriteSheet Editor is pretty good and FREE , 5 minutes ago I found crappy stuff like spritemaker 1.1 it's crap.
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2006, 07:35:59 pm »
16mil at once you can't do that with paint.

MGI also is the best if you wanted to do color edits or if on a big sprite you used the wrong color you could change all the colors at once by lowering the color count and changing a color.

The reason it's so good is because you can do any type of art on it.(Never actually tried pixel art though.)
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2006, 07:49:26 pm »
  • ..Goodbye..
Thanks A lot I searched up those things and they really help. (I got my computer at 6 lol) You guys rock and I want yall(im live in dallas texas we say yall a lot)to know that you can use my sprites. MC sprites for life!!!!

Ok stop right there. I live in Dallas...NOBODY ever says yall (despite the texas stereotype), unless you live in some degenerate part of Dallas where you pee in chamber pots. Seriously, nobody says yall anymore...except for degenerates. :P

Also, this topic seems like it should be in Hello/Goodbye section, since there aren't any actual sprites here. >_>
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 07:54:07 pm by ZoraFan89 »
Helios did it.

Alpha365

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2006, 09:54:46 pm »
Ok you got me there cause there are a lot of gangster and ghetto people in Dallas but I put yall because I was typin fast and never saw a hello and goodbye section but Ill check it out and do my random polling there. (uh oh people are starting to hate me) Ill read through the website rules again so I dont cause any more trouble at my favorite website. You wont see much of me here until I actually make sprites or games
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2006, 11:43:24 pm »
Just a little bit off topic, but it's funny how some people actually voted for i dunno or i dunno. :P
Hm... I should probably put something here...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.306 seconds with 68 queries.