Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creating New Cave Content  (Read 2839 times)

Creating New Cave Content
« on: January 06, 2014, 12:40:28 am »
Hello all. As some of you may know, i am creating a zelda one remake sort of project. one part ive ran into trouble with is in the overworld i have almost the same amount of caves(give or take a few. its not exact.) instead of houses and towns, because well thats how the setting is. where whats left of the population is hidden in caves. but i have lots and lots. ill post a list of areas and what i have and you will see i dont have anything thats not like the sword locations and such. So what im asking is for some ideas on what to add to those caves, as i do not want to have every cave be a random shop or some gambling cave or something. i want every area to have 1 shop(maybe two depending on the size of the area) and other then that im stuck. My inspiration is like a link between worlds, where there were all these mini puzzles for rupees. But i also need more ideas then having 30+ puzzles. So why i have come to you is to ask, what would you want to see/would be good for gameplay to have? 10 hidden Heart Containers will have to be spread into these caves. More will probably be in the mountains

List: Caves(Open) are just random caves you stumble on. Caves(Closed) are hidden caves that you have to bomb the way into. and then Extras are passages like under graves, a few buildings left on the surface, etc.

Show content
------------------GRASSLAND------------------
-Caves(Open) - 4
   -Shop
   -Telling of Lost Woods
   -xxx
   -xxx
-Caves(Closed) - 1
   -xxx
-Extras
   -Sword Grave
-------------------FOREST--------------------
-Caves(Open) - 5   
   -Beginner Sword
   -Shop
   -xxx
   -xxx
   -xxx

-Caves(Closed) -  2   
   -xxx
   -xxx
-----------------------DESERT------------
-Caves(Closed) - 3
   -xxx
   -xxx
   -xxx
---------------------BEACH--------------
-Caves(Closed) - 3
   -xxx
   -xxx
   -xxx
---------------------SNOW-----------------
Cave(Closed) - 1
        -Shop
-Extras
   -Big Deal

------------------MOUNTAINS------------------
-Caves(Open) - 5
   - Sword Area
   - Old Man sidequest
   -Shop
   -Shop
   -xxx

-Caves(Closed) - 8
   -xxx
   -xxx
   -xxx
   -xxx
   -xxx
   -xxx
   -xxx
   -xxx

-Extras
   -Sword Location
   -Big Deal
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 12:43:52 am by Whitay »

DarkerColt

Programmer / Game Developer
Re: Creating New Cave Content
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 03:21:33 am »
  • "Youtuber, Fan-Game Creator, Student"
Closed caves can have minor item upgrades (if you have 3 uprgrades per weapon or so), also could have the "its a secret to everybody," moblin in some of these.

Not as experienced with the original zelda so i will add more to this as I can think of things.
Hey There! im new to the forums, but will be quite active! started work on a new Majora's Mask Remake project in the forums if anyone is interested!
  • Youtube:
Re: Creating New Cave Content
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 04:09:37 am »
Im trying to make it more on the fun side, so discovering caves are more fun instead of every room being some random oh heres rupees whatever. adding variety is alot more fun and trying to give the player something to explore. My idea is sidequests or such to add, as the only one in the whole game was take a piece of paper to a different cave. i started thinking of having 2 main sidequests, one would get you a pamphlet or something to gain the final sword upgrade, while a second maybe gets you access to something very helpful also, like a heart container locater hint giver something. im not sure how to go about this though and make it more than running into caves and such. one way was maybe having the quests be like oh you want (insert trade object?) go kill 10 moblins outside and ill help you out. but then this would get repetitive.. mostly im looking for something to give interest in exploring my game, as thats what zelda has been based on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 43 queries.

anything