Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Notice: Reason for the disappearing post counts.  (Read 8484 times)

Notice: Reason for the disappearing post counts.
« on: June 12, 2008, 02:43:14 am »
Just letting everyone know.

You may have noticed your post count slightly decreasing in the past week or so.
Well, I have been slowly but surely, cleaning up the WIP section of the forums.
I am mostly moving the topics to the Graveyard.  There are quite a bit, though,
that have absolutely no content in them whatsoever.  Those, I am just deleting.
They were well over six months old.  Some of you older members had replies in those topics.
Sorry that your post count has decreased.  Just some maintainence is all.

Sorry if you feel hurt that you have lost maybe 5 post counts total. J/K

Just clearing up any confusion any of you may have had.

I will leave this open to any comments as long as they aren't spam.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 03:14:42 am by 4Sword »
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Re: Notice:Reason for the disappearing post coun...
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 03:11:11 am »
You honestly could have just not said anything at all since no one really brought it up.  As for the projects with no content, deleting them seems a little pointless in that there is not really anyone who sifts through the Graveyard anyway unless they need to; at one point even, the projects that you say have no content must have had some content as to be allowed to exist anyway.  I will say that moving the topics that are old is called for as that preserves the essence of what the Works in Progress board is about.

If there is something that you can also do and something that I have also called for, the tagging rules need to be enforced on a few topics that are on the first page of the Works in Progress board; one clearly needs one, one is actually finished but seemingly cannot be moved due to the uploading procedure of the Completed Projects template, and others may have issues according to the rules in that they are works and not so much projects.  For the works (game modifications, literary works, applications, etc. which are not games themselves), I suggest that the rules be possibly amended to either include tagging specifications for them or to make it stated that they do not require tagging.

Also, the topics that are redirects or topics that indicate that a topic has been moved can be cleared off of that board if they are a certain number of days old as the people they were intended to notify have gotten the message more than likely.

Just my opinion.
Re: Notice: Reason for the disappearing post cou...
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 04:15:54 am »
Or, we could stick with our current plan which is:

Sticking tight until 2.0 comes out.

If you have problems with the administration of this forums, moderation, staff or how the forum is moderated, please contact us privately, don't make an issue out of it.

Thanks for stepping up and attempting to resolve things TFS, I've been very busy at work, much appreciated!
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 04:27:19 am »
Why is everything I say here interpreted as confrontational?  I was responding to his post that was asking for comments if there were any to be given.  Arguably my first sentence comes off as a little blunt in that it is direct, but the truth of the matter is that it was not something that necessarily had to be pointed out.  My next few sentences contained a little criticism, but that was just opinion in that it too was not that necessary.  The rest of my post was suggesting other things that he could do since he was making an effort in the area.  I figured that if he was motivated to do a job that no one asked him to, to my knowledge, then there were other things that he might want to do, that he would think were appropriate.

The only thing that I did not say to where I could have was thank you for the effort, but as with all instances in the past, present, and future, I value hard work above all other things, so if anything, it was implied; like saying "I love you" to someone you care about, you do not have to say it every time.  I never really had a problem with the way he was doing it, I do not mind that he did it his way, had it been me I would have done something a little different, but to the same end; and that is understandable as I am not his carbon-copy.  I am not saying his actions were wrong at all, I was just speaking with honesty.
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 07:24:16 pm »
  • w00t
To be honest I actually agree with 4Sword here.  He made valid points, and I don't view his post as being confrontational really. 
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 47 queries.

anything