Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Do you think trolling, spamming, or pointless threads hurt the forum?

Yes
- 18 (78.3%)
No
- 5 (21.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Attention people who troll.  (Read 5161 times)

Re: Attention people who troll.
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2007, 10:13:45 pm »
The development boards aren't going to kick into gear until people stop spamming other boards, they wont stop spamming other boards until there is a spam board.

Catch-22.

We need to figure something out to encourage user development in ZFGC, whether its a fan game, or a game, or a website, or a program that helps with game development, -- anything--.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2007, 10:15:37 pm »
The development boards aren't going to kick into gear until people stop spamming other boards, they wont stop spamming other boards until there is a spam board.

Catch-22.

We need to figure something out to encourage user development in ZFGC, whether its a fan game, or a game, or a website, or a program that helps with game development, -- anything--.

Hows about love from 20 intensively beautiful ladies per completed fangame? Might spur a notion or two.
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2007, 04:10:26 am »
Trolling isn't just trying to incite trouble. You can troll to start intelligent discussions as well, it all depends on how you go about it.

Flaming is lol. That's all I'm going to say about it.

SPAM isn't a big deal, it just depends on the community itself for the success of a SPAM forum. MFGG has quite a decent one, but the ones that ZFGC used to have ended up being mostly trash more than anything else.

Maybe we do need a spam board. I don't know.

After reviewing a lot of users thoughts/comments, maybe a townhall-style meeting/discussion would be good. If I get any feedback here, I'll post a poll for it.. I'd like to see it this weekend... We have Sat. Sun. Monday.

ZFGC definitely does not need a spam board.

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2007, 05:05:56 am »
Spam boards are breeding grounds for idiotic behaviour.
It just dumbs everyone down to idiot level, and the "spamy ways" of the spam board eventually spill out into every other section of the forum.

PLEASE... Do not kill of what little intelligence ZFGC has left with a spam board. >_<

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2007, 06:39:46 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
From an administrative standpoint, it is intelligent to have a spam board. Gets things outta peoples systems :P Allows them to post any !@#$% that comes to mind, and keeps it out of regular, legit threads. Although; please try to keep from pointing fingers in this thread (at DJ specifically, this is a debate, not a flame fest, and it isnt, and will not be directed toward him at all.)

Again, from an administrative standpoint; when you see someone spamming, or flaming, or doing anything unnecessary; you have to ask yourself "why are they doing this?", and try to solve the issue from there. Most typically the answer to "why are they doing this?" is "Oh, because that person is an idiot.", but sometimes, the answer's quite simple- "Oh, because they dont have an outlet.". Its like small scale internet politics, really. lol
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2007, 06:49:41 am »
From an administrative standpoint, it is intelligent to have a spam board. Gets things outta peoples systems :P Allows them to post any !@#$% that comes to mind, and keeps it out of regular, legit threads. Although; please try to keep from pointing fingers in this thread (at DJ specifically, this is a debate, not a flame fest, and it isnt, and will not be directed toward him at all.)

Again, from an administrative standpoint; when you see someone spamming, or flaming, or doing anything unnecessary; you have to ask yourself "why are they doing this?", and try to solve the issue from there. Most typically the answer to "why are they doing this?" is "Oh, because that person is an idiot.", but sometimes, the answer's quite simple- "Oh, because they dont have an outlet.". Its like small scale internet politics, really. lol

Yes, but people don't need to spam, especially on forums, if they have to go and yell OMDFDFSDFSDGFG !@#$% !@#$% !@#$% !@#$% DSFDSFSDFDSFDSFSDF then they can just do it in a chatroom or something to that extent. A spam forum is not needed.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2007, 07:01:43 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
lol it doesnt belong in a chat room either though... From a realistic standpoint though; a new forum doesnt hurt anyone; if they dont want to enter it, they dont have to, plain and simple. Who knows, maybe theres a way to keep posts in a spam forum from showing up on the "Recent Posts" list too at the bottom of the screen, so it doesnt bother anyone. However, in, oh say... a chatroom, EVERYONE has to deal with the spam :p
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2007, 12:47:41 pm »
Yes, MFGG Has a Spam section. But as you see, everyone now goes more to that spam section that to the other sections which are mostly for the meaning of the site/forum.
Most active members post in that section...this wouldn't work here unless we want to forget about the other sections and end up like them.
By doing this section of spam we wouldn't be doing something right...at least to me it will be making "rule breakers" a favor instead of making them respect the rules...but then again you have to stop such people from spamming other sections...thats why there are the Staff members so I'm out. xD
This is an english website, please speak it.
l0l wut? o_0
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2007, 04:08:40 am »
  • Shunner of Light
This place can't really be worse than it already is, so no, it doesn't cause harm.  If anything, it helps.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2007, 09:03:18 pm »
  • b e p i s
This place can't really be worse than it already is

Your positive attitude contributes greatly to the future of our fine forum.

I think a Spam board is degrading to the tune of ZFGC. If it's a "fun topic" board, well we already have that in Off-Topic and Forum Games. If you need to post OMG PIE, then you're retarded, and you shouldn't be using the internet. While you're at the whole getting offline thing, you might want to examine yourself as well.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2007, 09:13:35 pm »

Catch-22.

Hows about love from 20 intensively beautiful ladies per completed fangame? Might spur a notion or two.

We'd only be able to afford sending FISSURE instead.
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2007, 09:15:40 pm »

Catch-22.

We'd only be able to afford sending FISSURE instead.

Pfft.

who needs 20 intensively beautiful ladies when you got FISSURE.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 67 queries.