Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Demo] Virtual Tabletop NEW v0.6 (5/17/08)  (Read 3492 times)

[Demo] Virtual Tabletop NEW v0.6 (5/17/08)
« on: February 10, 2008, 04:58:32 am »
  • You're the yellow bird that I've been waiting for.
Download Size: Approx 6.33 MB w/ Sample Game (Ivalice Tactics)
Resolution: Depends on the Game

Version 0.1
Version 0.2
Version 0.3 (2/24/08)
Version 0.4 (2/27/08)
Version 0.5  (3/2/08)
Version 0.6 NEW! (5/17/8)

Screens:

Virtual Tabletop is exactly a virtual tabletop.
With it you can play user-created board games and pen/pencil RPGs. You can easily port your favorite board games or make your own! It's as simple making a few text files and coming up with images to use.

Features:
Features range from having cards in decks, to spawning counters and custom dice, then manipulating them all on across different playing boards. You can rotate, move, spawn, destroy, change depth, and make notes on game objects. Decks can be shuffled, viewed, and arranged. You pretty much have everything you need to create and play almost any boardgame. Games can also be saved and loaded through Setups.

Features to come:
All I have left to add is networked gameplay (probably using 39dll). If you have any suggestions, ideas, or features you would like to see, please let me know. I

Making custom games:
It's really not that complicated. Just examine the sample game folder and its files as they are pretty straight forward. All of the weird files like .vtt, .index, etc can be edited with any text editor such as Notepad. All images should be in .PNG format, and the bottom left most pixel will determine the transparent color.

Please try it out and report any bugs. Feel free to share any games you make. I highly recommend this for making cards and objects, just resize the images as needed. You can download other card templates in their forums as well. Special thanks to Hobble for the Windows API .dll :]

I'm currently working on a full port of Fantasy Flight Games' Arkham Horror and the Dunwich Horror expansion set. I'm about 10% done, and it will probably be released in month or 2. There are seriously thousands of cards and pieces, so it will take a while to type all of them up. Scanning didn't work so well :.[
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 06:21:57 am by whitechapel »
Re: [Demo] Virtual Tabletop
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 08:55:45 am »
New release! Version 0.3

What's new
  • Changed some icons used and awaiting permissions to use others
  • Removed the Show Board menu from the Window menu and replaced it with an option to show a Boards window
  • Added an Actions window
  • Added Display X, Y, Display Scale, Card Icon Scale, Counter Icon Scale, Card Spawn X, Y, and Counter Spawn X, Y parameters to the main game file
  • Fixed various small bugs
  • Eliminated program loading image (temporary until I can get a good one)

I'm sorry to have double posted, but seriously... Almost a month and zero replies. I don't mean to whine, but is absolutely no one interested in this? I thought it was a really good idea  :'(
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 09:47:00 am »
I'm sorry to have double posted, but seriously... Almost a month and zero replies. I don't mean to whine, but is absolutely no one interested in this? I thought it was a really good idea
I think it's a very good idea!
I played it and I think this would be useful to some make card games out of.

Anyway, good luck with your project  ;)

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 04:04:57 pm »
  • All Hail Crappy Sprites!
Looks pretty cool upto now, once this is completed, and all my rules for my DOOM RPG are complete, I will probably use this to play it over the net. For now I'll probably spend more time on the rules, but it looks pretty nifty so far.!
~Project List~
-Untitled RPG - Barely Started!
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 08:11:18 pm »
Yay, thanks for the feedback :] Please feel free to make any suggestions and bug report too as I don't have an official beta tester or anything.

Anyways, here's what is planned for the next released:
-Custom dice
-Private Player Boards (possibly password protected) (EDIT: I'm not going to work on this until I implement network play)

I'm also going to start working on the network play, but I'm not promising anything in the next release. I'll keep everyone updated.

EDIT:
Some new screens of a Ivalice tactical board game I'm working on :]

« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 01:50:49 am by brighteyes »
Re: [Demo] Virtual Tabletop (Warning: Large scre...
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 10:35:32 am »
Those new screens look friggin' awesome!
I'll sure check your new demo out when it's released! XD
Re: [Demo] Virtual Tabletop (Warning: Large scre...
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 07:10:24 am »
New release v0.4 :]
http://64digits.com/users/brighteyes/Virtual_Tabletop_v0.4_.zip
This one includes the Ivalice Tactics game I showed in previous screenshots. It's not a full game, but it's certainly playable and fun. It features eight boards from FFTA and many monsters, characters, and espers from FFXII: Revenant Wings. The rulebook is incomplete, but I think everyone is creative enough to come up with something. I really encourage you guys to edit the game or make you own. Give suggestions on features you would like to see, and definitely report bug. Thanks :] Also, if I forgot someone in the credits, please let me know!

Changelog:
v0.4 (2/27/08) released
-Fixed various bugs
-Implemented Custom Dice system
-Recieved permission to use Boards and Counters window icons
-The displaying cards, counters, names, and notes can be toggled by pressing A, S, D, and F respectively
-Discovered a bug that resizes the game window after moving the window from its initial position. Possible cause: WinAPI dll, looking for a solution
-Made the left-most bottom pixel's color transparent in ALL counters
-Decided Twizzlers candy is annoyingly addictive
-Added depth adjusting functions to gameplay entities
-Rewrote code to determine sprite origins in cards and counters to make it adapt better sprites of all sizes
-Collision boundaries for counters are now precise

« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 07:12:59 am by brighteyes »

gm112

Re: [Demo] Virtual Tabletop NEW v0.4 (2/27/08)
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 01:11:20 pm »
You're too under credited for this. Wow O_O... Good work, brighteyes!
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 01:24:03 pm »
  • Huzzah!!!
Ivalice screens rock my socks
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 09:05:47 am »
GM7 corrupted all of the code in my step events  :'( It was a pain, but I recoded the entire thing from the ground up and added some new stuff, most notably the new functions to the custom dice.

From the changelog:
v0.5 (3/2/08) released
-GM7 corrupted all code in step events :/ Rewrote the entire program from the ground up
-Lots of code optimization and organization
-Changed rotation from only 90 degrees rotation, to choices between 90, 180, and 270
-Changed the way custom dice roll and added showing face scrolling and setting
-Added notes and rotation to custom dice
-Changed the Board switching system
-Disabled certain function until a game has been loaded and enabled them when appropriate
-Completely changed the way windows are spawned and destroyed
-Still can fix bug with the API resizing the window: temp fix - simply drag the window to a different location on the screen

The download: http://64digits.com/users/brighteyes/Virtual_Tabletop_v0.5_.zip
And a new screenshot :] Sorry about the jpgness of all of them, but without out it they're about half a MB each :/

As you can see from the screen, I now have units facing different directions!!!  :o That's because I've pretty much turned Custom Dice into counters that have multiple images. You can roll them (shuffle the images), or scroll through the different sides. Nifty eh :] The project is coming along nicely and I've been able to get a new release every few day, but they will probably slow down from here on out until I can find an efficient and fast way to the the network play and game saving. Although if anyone makes any special feature requests that are doable I could probably get those up quickly. As always, please report bugs and feel encouraged to make your own games or edit Ivalice Tactics to your liking. Have fun :]

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
Re: [Demo] Virtual Tabletop NEW v0.5 (3/2/08)
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2008, 04:18:44 am »
  • .越//
now, the new final fantasy styled shot looks promising ^^

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

Re: [Demo] Virtual Tabletop NEW v0.5 (3/2/08)
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2008, 05:01:02 am »
Thanks yue :] I also completely forgot to mention that the visibility of cards, counters, dice, names, and notes can be toggle by pressing Q, W, E, R, and T on your keyboard. It slipped my mind when I updated the changelog. It's not a huge feature, but it makes things more convenient :]
Re: [Demo] Virtual Tabletop NEW v0.6 (5/17/08)
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2008, 06:12:02 am »
I think this nice update is justification for both gravedigging and double-posting.
After a long break, then 2 straight day of coding, here is Virtual Tabletop v0.6! It's pretty much been reworked from the ground up. It very near completion, as the only thing I plan on adding now is online gameplay, although if you would like more features please let me know what you would like to see.

Most notably new to this version is the ability to save and load games (called setups) as well as a slightly updated Ivalice Tactics. I still haven't finished writing the rules yet, but you can probably come up with you own gameplay. Just load the Ivalice Tactics.vtt along with the Quickplay.setup (found in the same folder) for a ready to play game. Additional dice and counters may still be spawned of course. The window size can now also be edited through the .vtt file. For a full list of changes check the changelog.

Here is the download: Version 0.6
And some screenies :]

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 61 queries.