Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Legend of Zelda 72-Hour Marathon Relay Race for Charity! Dec 31st - Jan 2nd  (Read 761 times)

Raen

Are you retarded or something?
Legend of Zelda 72-Hour Marathon Relay Race for ...
« on: November 11, 2009, 09:36:27 pm »
  • I'm the gosh-darn Batman!
Hello everyone, and welcome to the topic for
|----------------------------------------------|
The Legend of Zelda 72-Hour Marathon Relay Race

Time: December 31st until January 2nd (exact times to be determined)

What: A race through all 14 The Legend of Zelda video games.

For: NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Illness) - http://www.nami.org

Zelda? Cool! So, uh. . . what is this?[/u]
The Legend of Zelda marathon relay race is just what it sounds like; a race between teams (composed of member of our little marathon group) to beat all of the Zelda games. Some of my friends and I thought it would be really fun to do a charity marathon of our own. However, in an effort to not simply copy what others do, we thought it would be incredibly fun to have a big relay race that lasts 3 days.

Sounds nifty. So, how does this work
Basically, there will be either 2 or 3 teams of 2 or 3 (this is undecided) who will be playing through all of the Legend of Zelda games to see which team can beat all of the games before the other teams can. We will be streaming this event live on UStream; we'll have a website, as well. There will be a stream where you can watch the games currently being played, and another stream with a commentator and a camera showing the room where everyone will be playing their games.

That's cool. So. . .
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait a second, I'm not finished. Along with the video streams of the marathon, there will also be a chatroom where you can talk to various other people who are watching the marathon, and even talk to the commentator/players.
We're also going to try to up the ante a bit on the competitive aspect of this, and as such we will have a voting system where you can vote on which team you think will win, and another where you can vote for your favorite team. You don't get anything for guessing right, but hilarity will inevitably ensue as team rivalries arise.

Ok, sounds fun. So, are you guys just doing this for fun, or is there any kind of point to it?
While getting to play Zelda for 3 days is a reward in and of itself, we felt it would be good to do this marathon for a good cause. As such, we will be taking donations throughout the marathon in support of NAMI, the National Alliance for Mental Health. We feel this is a great cause to support, and we hope everyone plans on donating! We will likely be giving out some prizes to people who donate at least 5 dollars, which is all the more reason to donate. So please, be generous and help a great cause.

So, you said ALL the Zelda games? Which ones are you playing, exactly?
We will be playing:

The Legend of Zelda
    Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
    A Link to the Past
    Link's Awakening
    Ocarina of Time
    Majora's Mask
    The Wind Waker
    Oracle of Ages
    Oracle of Seasons
    Four Swords Adventure (this will be played co-op, of course!)
    The Minish Cap
    Twilight Princess
    Phantom Hourglass
    Spirit Tracks

(this is not necessarily the order we'll be playing the games in)

But what about Four Swords? Or Link's Crossbow Training? Or the CD-I games?
It is certainly a possibility that we'll play some Crossbow Training if we have extra time (which is unlikely). We can't play Four Swords for two reasons: 1) You can't beat it exactly, and 2) We'd have no way to show the gameplay, as you can't link GBAs while using a Game Boy Player, which is the only we we can show the handheld games. As for the CD-I games, I do not own or know anyone who owns the CD-I games, and none of us doing this marathon have enough money to buy them.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 10:01:56 pm by Raen »

www.myspace.com/applesofidunn

And yes, this is Acid Rain.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 36 queries.